Killerbody Captain America insight

Here's me suited up after some mods. Painted the rubber starburst, shoulders, and knees with Navy Angelus Acrylic Leather Paint. Used Velcro to "hem" for fit in places. I know this is a thread on the suit but the helmet is a Cattoys Rookie I repainted and got an upgraded "A" and chin cup for and the shield is a repainted plastic Marvel Legends if anyone is curious. I detached the sleeves from the stock undershirt and put on a navy compression shirt for better fit, flexibility, and comfort. I also ripped the hell out of the original undershirt down the right side from flexing my lats in photos at a con. Since these photos last year I've filled the belt pouches with foam blocks to give them more structure which helps the look of them tremendously. As for fit, arms are a little wide compared to the rest of the suit, especially the forearms, which I closed up a bit. For reference I'm 6'1" ~175lbs, 42" chest, 32" waist.

IMG_3457.jpg Cap Costume.jpg

If you're looking for something custom sized, might want to try SuperQueen (https://www.facebook.com/SQcostumes/). Joyce does great work, she builds to size and her prices are really reasonable. I ordered a Captain America for my son recently...hoping to receive in February. Pic of her work below. The shield is aluminum alloy...looks awesome. She does a number of other great costumes and some crazy Transformer stuff!

Image-1.jpgCap 1.jpgCap2.jpg

Here's me suited up after some mods. Painted the rubber starburst, shoulders, and knees with Navy Angelus Acrylic Leather Paint. Used Velcro to "hem" for fit in places. I know this is a thread on the suit but the helmet is a Cattoys Rookie I repainted and got an upgraded "A" and chin cup for and the shield is a repainted plastic Marvel Legends if anyone is curious. I detached the sleeves from the stock undershirt and put on a navy compression shirt for better fit, flexibility, and comfort. I also ripped the hell out of the original undershirt down the right side from flexing my lats in photos at a con. Since these photos last year I've filled the belt pouches with foam blocks to give them more structure which helps the look of them tremendously. As for fit, arms are a little wide compared to the rest of the suit, especially the forearms, which I closed up a bit. For reference I'm 6'1" ~175lbs, 42" chest, 32" waist.

View attachment 791328 View attachment 791327

Great pics! These look like behind the scenes shots. Good mods, too.

Wanted to update this thread with some additional photos taken this past weekend at Indiana Comic Con. Wore the suit for about 12 hours and made good use of our new camera. After talking with another cosplay friend (with much more expertise) I ordered a bunch of stainless steel snaps that I'll install to replace the velcro in places for better attachment points. Need to hit the helmet with some heat to mold to fit my face better and want to add more padding to keep it from flaring my giant ears so much. Talked to a guy about having all-leather belt and harness made to replace the OEM accessories. Lastly, RG Studios is going to do a run of shoulder bells so I'll likely get a set of those as well.

View attachment DSC-0255.JPGView attachment DSC-0217.JPGView attachment DSC-0183.JPG

Attachments

• DSC-0255.JPG
    7.7 MB · Views: 344
Friend, I am slim so I would fit perfectly in 32" waist and 40" chest. But I am pretty tall 1,87m = 6,13ft. Do you think it would fit me?
Thanks a lot

So...i caved and purchased the suit and i gotta say it kinda fits perfectly and the materials are pretty screen accurate and the shoulder and kneepads are velcroed urethane rubber downside is the sleeves, while my chest and waist fits almost like it was made for me the sleeves are a bit wide i might need to bulk up my arms before the next con lol

Question, when you purchased the suit were you able to use a credit card, or did they insist on a bank transfer? I’m considering purchasing it, but the representative Cris, says they don’t take PayPal or American Express, only a bank transfer. I’ve had issues with sellers in China in the past and I just don’t want to be ripped off. I appreciate your input.

Thank you!

Friend, I am slim so I would fit perfectly in 32" waist and 40" chest. But I am pretty tall 1,87m = 6,13ft. Do you think it would fit me?
Thanks a lot

You're only a little taller than me (I'm 1.85m) and there's room for more height, I'd say another 2-3 inches, no problem. You don't see the bottom of the pants under the boot covers and I actually folded the bottom of the vest under about 2" so the belt would go in the right place, same with the back panel, which you might be able to see in some of the pictures i posted. Secured all the folds with 3M industrial velcro to hold in place and it's worked well.

Steveko89 - please add me on Facebook 'Josh Lyons' - I would like to offer you a position with my Superhero company if interested.
Either way, would be great to have a quick chat. Congratulations on the fit of this costume, excellent mods, and wearing it perfectly! All the best, Josh (Maverick)

great, thanks for the data. I am looking for info or clients that have bought or acquired the killerbody to know how it is your impression and most importantly, if it is reliable that of the bank transfer as they have bought, thanks for the contribution, I will see if I can buy it in these days I'm waiting for response from them. thanks to the forum and the photos guys.

great, thanks for the data. I am looking for info or clients that have bought or acquired the killerbody to know how it is your impression and most importantly, if it is reliable that of the bank transfer as they have bought, thanks for the contribution, I will see if I can buy it in these days I'm waiting for response from them. thanks to the forum and the photos guys.

A few others in the facebook groups I referenced have recently purchased suits directly from Killerbody using the bank transfer and have not had any problems. I can't speak to personal experience, though; I got my suit secondhand.

Minor update to my suit: last weekend I painted the OEM Killerbody harness and belt with Angelus leather paints to achieve a more screen-accurate color scheme. Very happy with how it turned out. Angelus Dark Brown for the webbing, Light Brown for the leather.

y5aywu5tfkko.jpg

did the sleeves fit you or were they a bit loose i cant figure out how to make it more i tighter around my arms

They were a little baggy, especially around the forearms. I started doing more curls to fill out the upper arms and took in the bottom of the sleeves, stitching through the thinner fabric. That did make it a little harder to get the sleeves off so I’m thinking of replacing the stitching with snaps I can undo to take off.

I just got one of these this weekend to replace my old Ebay ordered Age of Ulton costume I had done a fair amount of modding to.

I will take some pictures of my own this week, but man is this thing impressive! Blows the old costume away.

Lucky for me too, its fits like a glove as I am 6'0 185. However I also have the issue with the sleeves being a little baggy but I don't find it to be that big of a deal.

I just got one of these this weekend to replace my old Ebay ordered Age of Ulton costume I had done a fair amount of modding to.

I will take some pictures of my own this week, but man is this thing impressive! Blows the old costume away.

Lucky for me too, its fits like a glove as I am 6'0 185. However I also have the issue with the sleeves being a little baggy but I don't find it to be that big of a deal.

Did you ever get those pics?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back