Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model)

Actually that backdrop is quite correct, that really is the bulkhead opposite of the one seen behind Luke when he's engaging the training remote.

I see why you could think it wasn't, since they had no problem using a completely wrong backdrop in other scene ("help I think I'm melting... " in particular) but really for this effect, they used the correct one.

If you really want a challenge, (if you haven't done it already) when the stormtrooper is coming out of the mainhold after checking it, the far wall of room doesn't having the continuing corridor, as seen in ESB.

It would be somewhere about here:

attachment.php

Also, I just wanted to post the render of mine that Angel touched up, because it really looks great. Take a gander at this...

(Angel, I hope you don't mind I cropped it, to show off the scene in particular.)

attachment.php

Actually that backdrop is quite correct, that really is the bulkhead opposite of the one seen behind Luke when he's engaging the training remote.

Its interesting that never again we see that part of the ship and it looks like that has so many similarities with the part behind luke (they seem to alter a few boxes and bags to do the job) One of the facts that might support this, is that we see this angle in Empire and we know how it might looks.

I see why you could think it wasn't, since they had no problem using a completely wrong backdrop in other scene ("help I think I'm melting... " in particular)
I would love to see how it should look with the correct backdrop/surroundings.

If you really want a challenge, (if you haven't done it already) when the stormtrooper is coming out of the mainhold after checking it, the far wall of room doesn't having the continuing corridor, as seen in ESB.
Ahead of you, still needs polishing or alterations maybe under your guidance :).

Fixed Corridor by ~AggeIw on DeviantART

Thanks again

-Angel

Your extended corridor looks good to me. The only thing I could point out is that in ESB we see that the fourth piece of padding from the floor is missing and has exposed pipes.
The rest of exposed pipe areas between the ESB and ANH is consistent.

here's a little diagram to show how the backdrop behind the remote is the right one:

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=145829&stc=1&d=1361816107

I agree with you that it's weird they never show that part of the wall again, since they built it with some detail. But it's there. They did that a lot though, building way more into their sets than actually gets shown. Kind of sad really, but I love the movies anyway. And without this fact, there wouldn't be as many secrets for us to uncover.

Wow! i would love a render if possible! I sure can camera project it and pseudo some 3d show some distortion as the remote is moving.
Thanks for the notes !

-Angel

Also, take a look at this picture of the ANH Mainhold set.

(you can tell it's ANH because of the 6' rostrum that lifts it above the floor. The ESB movie set was right on the floor, because they didn't shoot anyone coming up the ramp, and didn't have to have the smuggling bays. (it was probably easier to move equipment around too). You can also see that there are four beams on this set, instead of the the 5 that we see in the ESB Main hold.

8200030110_fcb98b1d70_o.jpg

They definitely did build that part of the wall, so it makes sense to for them to have dressed it and shot it.

here's the ESB set for comparison

8299808807_bfffaa7766_o.jpg

Good Point! (slipped my mind)

... you know I don't think it was a separate shot/set, but I can't really account for the depth. I can't imagine they would have bothered to raise the entire set shown in the photo onto a rostrum just to get an access pit. Maybe the had a hole in the floor, the way the pit in the Deathstar Bay was created by tearing up the flooring down to some kind of empty area below (basement?)

heh, here I was being the expert, and you stumped me!

S,

The ESB pic you just posted. The bottom picture shows 3 white rings around the wood "hallway/corridor" frame. Do you think those are metal rings?

S,

The ESB pic you just posted. The bottom picture shows 3 white rings around the wood "hallway/corridor" frame. Do you think those are metal rings?

I think those are vacformed, but I could be wrong. Could be another found part from an aircraft...? Anyone got any idea about that?

The only reason I would say they aren't a found part is that they were pretty specific drawing them into the blueprints. Usually when they had a found part they would draw them in silhouette and put a note that said something like "stock part". Though this is far from a certainty.

You can see them between the corridor sections on the first ANH picture of the set

Those rings actually show up on the tantive as well, check it out

swnh_0266.jpg

swnh_2773.jpg

b>:%20window.close()

Looking at the above black and white ANH set pic, and then down at the pic with Luke practicing in the hold...it's amazing they are the same place...

In the ANH versus TESB shots, the ANH studio floor appears to be smooth concrete while the TESB studio floor appears to be a wood stage higher in the studio (notice the walls). I would not be surprised if it was a crawlspace of about a meter under that wood with hatches in key places – they could just put the Falcon's access pit directly over a pre-existing hatch in that case.

Exxos, you might be right there..

More renders: This weekend I finally got to the plating on the mandibles, and started to fill up the access pits. Everything is referenced from the 5' Falcon, since the actual FS Falcon in ANH has nothing at all in the pits or on top of the mandibles.

I did some virtual kitbashing in one of the pits, as well. I noticed that one part was an entire famous vessel, so I found a low res model of it and scaled it down and painted it one color. Saved me a lot of time, and made me feel part of a great tradition, heh. Bonus points if you can spot the kitbashed part.

Also got some work done on the jawbox. which so far is all referenced from the ANH FS Falcon.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back