Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model)

weird... I wish I had an alternate format I could upload for you. maybe try saving the .mov file by right clicking on the link in the forum. My thought being: maybe a stand alone quicktime player would behave better than what you've got going in your browser.

glad to hear it Ozzy. Thanks for the compliments folks!

ok, so I got really bored at work and starting dreaming up how I would approach the full interior of the falcon. That is, what artistic license I would take if I went for the whole deal. I started fooling around with the rough layout below, and did some more screencap research. I think I may have come up with a logical location, and layout, of the med bay that I don't know if I've seen done before, but correct me if I'm wrong.

as you can see from the screencap below, the med bay bunk is on a wall that's perpendicular to one of the types of rings that recur around the falcon in association with the padded rings:

attachment.php

It seemed to me that if you took one of the segments of the corridors, took out the outer wall and stuck the med bay into it, you'd get what you see in my layout.

here it is in the rough layout I came up with. I put a hatchway to an escape pod bay (which mirrors the ramp hatch on the opposite side), and then I put the medbay just beyond that, because in ESB we see three segments of the port corridors and we know there's nothing attached to them.

attachment.php

(please ignore the fact that the scale is weird and the cockpit corridor doesn't match. I'm just fooling around here with an interior layout, not trying to solve the ship of riddles.)

when I built a model of the new med bay layout, it fit perfectly. A render to follow

click to enlarge

what do you guys think?

Last edited:
as you said steve it makes logical sence to place then there as the ship is for alll intense purposes circular and the walk way would/should mimic on both sides of the falcon, when luke is brought into the ship in esb by lando, after loosing the fight with vader can you steve/anybody remember a) were the hatch is located and b) which direction lando went with luke after bringing him down, this might help or possibly hinder your fine rendering steve!

Last edited:
hey Shaun,

I would place the hatch above what I've labelled as the "escape pod bay"

a lot of layouts put the port side corridors under this area, because they're trying to make a reasonable fit. This becomes problematic when the exterior location of the hatch would put it right in the middle of a hallway underneath, where it shouldn't be.
But with my layout, I've put the escape pod bay as the mirror of the ramp area on the opposite side. I figure, since Roger Christian didn't care a jot about making it all fit when he designed the interior, by extension I've chosen not to care either.

1378.jpg

attachment.php

to answer your other question, we don't see which way Lando goes: we see a shot of Luke and him coming down as the hatch closes, and the next shot, Lando is passing Luke off to Leia outside the door in the cockpit. But I think the screen cap above shows its location nicely. And with my layout it can sit above whatever I put in the pod bay (which I'm envisioning to look a lot like the escape pod area on the Blockade Runner that R2 and 3P0 climb into)

actually, I'm glad you brought it up, because I hadn't figured out what I was going to do with the hatch, before you asked. I was ready to ignore it, to maintain my sanity, but now I feel pretty good about it. Thanks!

Holy Crap. I just read through your entire thread today (starting yesterday, haha) and man am I blown completely away! Not only is the idea of building a CG model of the Falcon incredibly awesome, the sheer genius behid the work is off the scale! I love it!

If you do manage to build a printable 3D thermoplastic model, I'd be very interested in acquiring one or two.

Looking great as always!

I will point out the UV mapping on those little bits that go around the arches. I can see the texture stretching on the sides of them on the rounded edges. Fix that up, and you're perfect though. ;)

Thanks Blobvandam, fixed it.

Thanks Jon Foster, welcome to the thread.

Yellowjack, that's got me thinking, it would be great to build one of those into the wall a house. I got the plans for it. Any takers?

steve could you tell me the height of the medi bay, looking at the very top post of the leia leaning over luke something looks off maybe its because there are no figures to refer to I know carrie not that tall 5'1- 2" the actual bed looks abit high

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back