Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

I asked - wondering how I could be on a wait list when full kits are going on sale. And I was told the full kit would have shipped with missing issues/packs as well.

Apparently, they are having some factory/labor/money issues. Not sure how else to explain it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I asked - wondering how I could be on a wait list when full kits are going on sale. And I was told the full kit would have shipped with missing issues/packs as well.

Apparently, they are having some factory/labor/money issues. Not sure how else to explain it.

Wow, can anyone here who bought a full kit recently confirm whether they received it with missing issues?

holy crap.... thats scary.

Well, at least if you got an incomplete kit DeAgostini didn’t make good you could get your credit card company involved and return it for your money back.

Has this happened to anybody.

2A1rrKn.jpg

Yup, happened to me last week, I just ordered a reel of LED tape from eBay to replace them, but as i could only get 12v it only works with the adapter and not the battery pack.

My fault for not checking the original strips when they arrived about 2 years ago.

Which Pack did these come in? Guess I should check right away when and if mine ever come in.

Which Pack did these come in? Guess I should check right away when and if mine ever come in.

Not sure, i'm not at home to check at present. I'll take a look later if nobody beats me to it.

I know that it was mentioned on the model space forum that Deagostini were aware of the faults with them and it was due to the way there were packed. They were giving replacements to people who rang and complained as it was a frequent issue, in the US at least.

I just figured that it had been so long since mine had been delivered (like 2 - 2.5 years) that it would just be easier to make my own especially as 99% of the time i won't have the lights running.

Not sure, i'm not at home to check at present. I'll take a look later if nobody beats me to it.

I know that it was mentioned on the model space forum that Deagostini were aware of the faults with them and it was due to the way there were packed. They were giving replacements to people who rang and complained as it was a frequent issue, in the US at least.

I just figured that it had been so long since mine had been delivered (like 2 - 2.5 years) that it would just be easier to make my own especially as 99% of the time i won't have the lights running.

Did you wire up 2 separate strips like the kit has or just one long strip powered buy the single plug

Did you wire up 2 separate strips like the kit has or just one long strip powered buy the single plug

I've not wired it yet, i cut a short strip the same length as the deag one and just did a touch test both on battery and adapter. I'm tempted to actually do two long strips to make the engines a little brighter and plugged seperately.

It'll be a while before i get to it as I've only just primed and pre-shaded the bottom hull, once i get it basecoated and the coloured panels done I'll look at putting all the lighting in and then testing the engine setup

It may yet all go wrong and explode as i'm not fully electrically minded, but injury during the learning process is usually expected when i'm involved.

Can somebody tell me where these parts from issue 45 go? I for the like of me can't find anything..

Thanks in advance! :)

Attachments

• image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 250
Can anyone tell me what is the DeAgostini Millennium Falcon height standing on its landing gear to the top of the radar dish?

I have not started building mine yet and need to know this measurement to figure out the size of my display case cover. :)

Any help is much appreciated. :)

Can anyone tell me what is the DeAgostini Millennium Falcon height standing on its landing gear to the top of the radar dish?

I have not started building mine yet and need to know this measurement to figure out the size of my display case cover. :)

Any help is much appreciated. :)

https://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=833930&d=1532968102&thumb=1

Mine is almost 8 inches or around 20 cm in height. That's just a rough measurement though, I kinda used a tape measure from the landing gear up and sorta eyeballed the top of the dish. I heard that officially it's supposed to be around 192mm (7 and a half inches) tall? I suppose it might differ for some people depending on how many mods they use. I built and added landing bay doors to my model and thought they would add a few millimeters but it doesn't look like it...

Mine is almost 8 inches or around 20 cm in height. That's just a rough measurement though, I kinda used a tape measure from the landing gear up and sorta eyeballed the top of the dish. I heard that officially it's supposed to be around 192mm (7 and a half inches) tall? I suppose it might differ for some people depending on how many mods they use. I built and added landing bay doors to my model and thought they would add a few millimeters but it doesn't look like it...

Thank you very much!! ;)

Just wondering if anyone’s heard from , or knows what happened to fellow member @Sonic Sun ? .
He used to have a variety of well - designed items for the Deago MF on Shapeways , but they seemed to have disappeared , and I can’t recall the last time seeing a post of his .

:cheersGed

I've seen mention of builders recessing the side walls on their DeAgo Falcons, but has anyone actually detailed how the went about it.

I'm trying to decide if I could do the same. I'm kind of late to the party on the idea.

My upper and lower hulls are already assembled, but still separate. This means I would have to remove that 'lip' around the edge of the hulls without damaging anything.

I would just like a good look at what's involved.

Rahn420 , check out Jaitea’s ‘DeAgostini Falcon 32” (rescue build)’ on this site mate.
Also, if you’re so inclined ‘Modifying the DeAgostini Millennium Falcon’ & ‘DeAgostini Falcon Builders Club ‘ - on Facebook have several examples of this mod too.

Cheers Ged

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back