Fallout 4: T-60 Power Armor - JarmanProps

Hey, I know, let's throw some pictures up with no explanation and field questions as they appear!

28324976296_357ca7c721_m.jpg
28255149972_37efdcb4f9_m.jpg
28279951711_bd97a08b5b_m.jpg
28255150232_40e7fb0ac8_m.jpg

28324980506_9341f16c25_c.jpg

28076078480_72f5d9bb24_b.jpg

28324980056_4ea66b33aa.jpg
28076072360_5777631e8e.jpg

28350167526_65e46368f8.jpg
28350167966_d61c85bd64.jpg

28350168616_e293b4c92b_c.jpg

Absolutely fantastic. That is a lot of man hours you're putting into the thing. Looks great, please keep us updated!

This is incredible. I can only imagine all the work that goes into modelling this stuff.
Additionally all the sanding and filling... I mean I for myself find it relaxing to a certain amount, but that amount would make me rage haha.

Keep up the work sir!!

Great work so far! Your CAD work is amazing and it's good to see that someone is actually making high detail parts! How much does this stuff weigh once printed? I can't really tell for sure from the pictures, but it looks like you shelled out the parts which is good. I've been looking to do something similar, but I don't have a 3D printer... so I'm gonna have to use Pepakura and fiberglass. I imagine using Rhino is a bit easier for the curved parts. I'm using Solidworks for my whole model and it was a pain until I figured out how to do guided lofts. I'm going to have to convert it to mesh eventually anyways, but I figured I'd get the movement of parts figured out. Solidworks is great for that :)

This is just amazing, so much work too do, i would rage at this point already...
But you sir, you are a beast, can't wait to see it till the end :)

Poslano sa mog Nexus 6P koristeći Tapatalk

It's been a minute.

T60 Masters by Michael Vroegop, on Flickr

T60 Masters by Michael Vroegop, on Flickr

molds finished: helmet, lower shoulder, toe, heel, buttplate, underchest sides, underchest collar, underchest front, abdominal accordioning
molds in progress: codpiece, biceps, shin
finished masters(to mold): upper shoulder, forearms, chest front, calves
printed and assembled: backpack,
TBD: thighs. shin bars. belly hoses. elbow, knee, underarm accordioning.

There's a lot of rubber yet to go before this is done. Anyone want to buy a T60 suit? :lol

My focus has been the legs and hands. Both need extended motion. The stilts were fairly simple, we adapted a few 4-bar mechanisms to fit inside the armor. This is 2.0; I can jog and walk tiptoe in these. They'll get some blocks installed to constrain the range of motion eventually. Being able to articulate the foot and push off the ground to manipulate your balance makes them quite stable.
custom machined and welded stilts by Michael Vroegop, on Flickr
The plan is to add weldments to act as mounting points for the calf and shin, and attach the toe and heel plates to the base plywood.
Untitled by Michael Vroegop, on Flickr

I took Eric's finger models and printed a set, finishing a full finger maybe 75% was a full 10:30PM-3AM evening. Extrapolate to ten of these monsters and I'm looking at 60 hours of just finger sanding for one suit.
My main software for designing this suit will be Rhino5 though Solidworks would be more appropriate for these hand assemblies.
Well, I did that, for the mass properties and parametric sources that'll play nice with MasterCAM. The current plan is to see about machining them from aluminum- without adding any weight reduction pockets this design is sitting at 3.3lb ; I have bottles of hot sauce heavier than that.
Screenshot_032717_010737_AM by Michael Vroegop, on Flickr
From here we make chips.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back