RPF 2014 Halloween Costume Contest - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Re: RPF 2014 Halloween Costume Contest - VOTING OPEN

Ahhh..... I wish I'd known the new members rule! I would have entered my own costume (Rogue) instead of my son's! I was entering him just for kicks (he's super excited to be included) but his is much more simply made (although I'm still pretty darn proud of it!). My Rogue would have been much more likely to stand a chance! Although, who am I kidding? There's no holding a candle to some of these other, really awesome new member entries!! :lol

Good luck to all!! It's been really fun being a part of things the past couple of months (even if it was mostly via lurking!) :cool

Did you post a thread with your Rogue anyway? I for one want to see it!

And yeah -the new member category is SO huge and awe-inspiring. I've been here forever, but my son who just turned 13 had to leave the kids category this year and make it mostly himself. He is proud to have done so much of it and is thankfully aware of his slim chances among the competition and just happy to be noticed. :D

How does the voting work? I show where it looks like 9 people voted but only 7 votes are showing?

I'm not even seeing pictures, is it a different thread?

Gallery sections are here: http://www.therpf.com/gallery/g966-2014-10-halloween-costume-contest.html

I must say, I'm also not seeing any vote button under the picture?

Yeah, me either, so i left a comment on my votes

How does the voting work? I show where it looks like 9 people voted but only 7 votes are showing?

In each section you'll see all the photos. They SHOULD all have the text "vote" under them. Click on that text to vote for the one you want to vote for. If you're not seeing it then something is wrong. Perhaps try a different web browser?

Gallery sections are here: http://www.therpf.com/gallery/g966-2014-10-halloween-costume-contest.html

In each section you'll see all the photos. They SHOULD all have the text "vote" under them. Click on that text to vote for the one you want to vote for. If you're not seeing it then something is wrong. Perhaps try a different web browser?

I'm not asking how to vote, I'm wondering if the votes are tallying correctly. Could you check mine? I have 9 users who voted but I'm only showing 7 votes.
Thanks.

I'm not asking how to vote, I'm wondering if the votes are tallying correctly. Could you check mine? I have 9 users who voted but I'm only showing 7 votes.
Thanks.

Hmmm...

This may be a question for Montagar

However it looks like some of those "votes" may just be comments so they don't register. That's my only thought.

Last edited by a moderator:

Comments are not votes... a member can comment without necessarily voting for that member.

Ah that may have been my fault. I have no vote button under the pics on the gallery I misunderstood the process and commented instead. I'm using chrome browser on a tablet so I think I may not be able to see the button. I'll see if I can get on a proper computer and rectify the situation.

Edit:-
I have solved this, if you are not seeing a vote button it may be because your viewing a mobile version of the site. I'm using chrome on my android tablet and I had to tap on the three little dots menu button at the top right of the navigation bar and select "request desktop site" vote buttons instantly appear. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Did you post a thread with your Rogue anyway? I for one want to see it!

Not yet, but I intend to eventually. I've been super busy the last two weeks. :wacko Between the husband's 40th birthday party right before Halloween, making costumes for all 5 of us from scratch, and planning a Harry Potter themed party for my 6 year old (tomorrow), I've been insanely busy. I'll be posting it soon, though. :)

I have an IP related question.... My husband and I apparently share IPs through our home's wifi. Does that mean that we can't both vote independently?

I asked the same question and Michael suggested the library, which we are going to try on Monday.\

And YAY! on the thread... please let me know when it goes up. I hear you on being busy. I so wish I could make costumes for myself again! I may have to give it a go next year - we'll see. ;)

I have an IP related question.... My husband and I apparently share IPs through our home's wifi. Does that mean that we can't both vote independently?

As Guri says, you can always log in somewhere else to vote. Library, work, etc. :)

can we vote for our own submission? there is no vote button under my entry...it just has 0 votes grayed out :-(. There is a vote button under every other submission...is it my ipad even though Im on the full site?
thanks

can we vote for our own submission? there is no vote button under my entry...it just has 0 votes grayed out :-(. There is a vote button under every other submission...is it my ipad even though Im on the full site?
thanks

It seems that you can't vote for yourself. I'm not sure if this is something we can change or not but we will look into it for next year.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

Unfortunately; yes you are. :/ voting is already open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can brand new registered people vote?Looking at the vote totals thus far, I see this turning into a popularity contest and doesn't have much to do with work and creativity :-/
so if I have all my friends register at RPF today, they can vote, correct?

Can brand new registered people vote?Looking at the vote totals thus far, I see this turning into a popularity contest and doesn't have much to do with work and creativity :-/
so if I have all my friends register at RPF today, they can vote, correct?

Yes, new members can vote. Don't forget though that there is also a judged winner in each category so votes aren't the only way to win!

I did read the first post, but you know sometimes you can sneak in at the last minute.

Hi,

Sorry, last minute would have been a week ago. ;)

You are free to enter next year though!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back