This is an aerial fighter appearing in Japanese TV animation

That's a wonderful subject, and nicely finished kits. These are from Hasegawa, right ?

I didn't know about the series, last steampunk anime i saw was Steamboy from way back. Found the series, so i'll be watching it soon. And i feel the need to go visit Yellow Submarine and Akihabara again. Haven't been there in years.

Cheers,
Wasili

Last Exile was great. I watched it back on G4 when they did anime late at night. Didnt know there was a sequel! I'll have to check it out. Your model is awesome. Looks like actual metal. Fantastic.

That's a wonderful subject, and nicely finished kits. These are from Hasegawa, right ?

I didn't know about the series, last steampunk anime i saw was Steamboy from way back. Found the series, so i'll be watching it soon. And i feel the need to go visit Yellow Submarine and Akihabara again. Haven't been there in years.

Cheers,
Wasili

Hi! Wasili-san!:)

Bingo!
This kit is from Hasegawa.

You know Japan well, don't you?
I went to Akihabara in the days of a university student, but don't have an opportunity to go there nowadays.
I live in Gifu located between Tokyo and Osaka now.
Oh, I look forward to your viper build.
I attached the pic of vanship and vespa with my 1/32 moebius viper!:thumbsup

Last Exile was great. I watched it back on G4 when they did anime late at night. Didnt know there was a sequel! I'll have to check it out. Your model is awesome. Looks like actual metal. Fantastic.

Hi! Sandman0077-san!
Thank you for your comment!:)
I hope you can watch this sequel of LAST EXILE!

This kit is 1/72.
Especially, vespa is a small kit.
I attached the pic of vanship and vespa with 1/72 FM X-WING!:thumbsup

vanship viper001.jpg
vanship x-wing002.jpg

Last edited:
Cool design, it looks like something out of Sky Captain or Crimson Skies. I see the space cruiser Yamato pic there and what is called the Hyperweapon 2011, is that basically the same as the old Wave Motion Gun description?

Cool design, it looks like something out of Sky Captain or Crimson Skies. I see the space cruiser Yamato pic there and what is called the Hyperweapon 2011, is that basically the same as the old Wave Motion Gun description?

Hi! gunnerk19-san!

I've watched "the sky captain"! The design of the robot in that movie was nostalgic.
But I've not ever watched "the crimson skies". I'm sorry.

This spaceship is what we call "Musashi" not a "space battleship Yamato".
"Musashi" is a deep space explorer.
"Musashi" appeared in the last scene of "space battleship Yamato 2220" director's cut.
Of course this ship has a bow wave gun.:thumbsup

musashi001.jpg
musashi003.jpg

Your build and paint skills are extraordinary!

katsu

Hi! :)

Thanks! Katsu-san!

Yeah!
Assembling and painting a model kit!
I like it!:D

Last edited:
Hello Atom-san,

Thanx for the pic of your Viper. One never gets enough of them :)

Yes, i've been to Japan a few times before. My wife is japanese, and her parents used to live in Shibuya. So we would travel there every now and then. Now they moved to Perth, so next time we visit them, i'll visit Nwerke (inviting myself here, Martyn :ninja), and not YelloSub.

Btw, i have now seen a few episodes of LastExile. Very nice. One is tempted to build the craft from this. Alas.... Maybe one day...

Cheers,
Wasili

Yes, i've been to Japan a few times before. My wife is japanese, and her parents used to live in Shibuya. So we would travel there every now and then. Now they moved to Perth, so next time we visit them, i'll visit Nwerke (inviting myself here, Martyn :ninja), and not YelloSub.

Btw, i have now seen a few episodes of LastExile. Very nice. One is tempted to build the craft from this. Alas.... Maybe one day...

Cheers,
Wasili

Hi! Wasili-san!

Wow! Your wife is japanese woman!
I'm glad to hear that.:)
I went to Shinjuku and Shibuya very often in my university days.
I watched many movies there, for example, Return of the Jedi, Blade Runner, Fire Fox, so on.:thumbsup

BTW, I think the success of LAST EXILE was given by the attractive design of warships. Makoto Kobayashi , the designer did very good job.

Attachments

• lastexile01.jpg
    lastexile01.jpg
    673.7 KB · Views: 91
  • vespa010.jpg
    vespa010.jpg
    317.3 KB · Views: 90
  • vespa012.jpg
    vespa012.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 98
What a fantastic build atom!
I've been a fan of the vanships.
There is no physical way these ships could fly, but they look so cool!
I like Range Murata's character designs as well.

What a fantastic build atom!
I've been a fan of the vanships.
There is no physical way these ships could fly, but they look so cool!
I like Range Murata's character designs as well.

Hi! MwNN-san!

Thank you for your comment!:)

You like design of the vanships!
Me too!
The Claudia Unit is innovative propulsion system. This propulsion system does not have nozzles like F-14.lol

As for the character design of RANGE MURATA, especially girls and women are wonderful. IMO.;)

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    546.8 KB · Views: 75
  • vanship 008.jpg
    vanship 008.jpg
    678.7 KB · Views: 94
  • inst 006.jpg
    inst 006.jpg
    758.4 KB · Views: 196
  • fam 004.jpg
    fam 004.jpg
    435.1 KB · Views: 86
  • tatiana 002.jpg
    tatiana 002.jpg
    404.2 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back