Another 1/1000 Enterprise refit

DARTH SABER

Master Member
Ok, I know everyone and their mother has made one of these and posted a WIP on the RPF so, while Im waiting for my X Wing and Tie fighter to arrive from Japan , I decided to dig this guy up from my closet and finally put it together.
Bought this one about a year ago...better late than never I guessz

Ive just gotten back into models so I guess this would be good practice.

A few build pics so far-

I could have slapped this together in less than an hour but decided to take the slow and steady route.
Some sanding and putty work involved -

Some paint work on the dish.
I was going to paint the dish on the opposite side and have the color show through the plastic but I saw some pics online and the tab roots showing wasn't very appealing.

Primed and painted.
3 coats of the pearly stuff-

Pretty happy with the paint job guess.
Even more surprised how my putty work turned out on the pylons. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very cool transition on the nacelles! Really liking what you're doing with this kit.

Thanks.

Had my first mishap of the model with the arboretum windows.

Filed down the tabs so they would go in smoother, then went to pop them into place, one side went all the way in and the other side was sticking out about a third of the way.
Tried to use tweezers to get it out but it was jammed in there good and couldnt get a grip on it.
Chipped a little paint in the process.

Anyhow, had to drill a small hole on through the side of the window so I could insert something sharp to pop it out.

Polar lights ...:/

Last edited:
Some more progress.
So glad i had some Mark Fit to relax the decals.
These decals are thicker than most ive seen. A bit more resilient than most but still quite brittle.

You really need to go over the edges in some of these decals or else they just wont go down.

Looking good. I have one of these languishing in its box on my unbuilt kits shelf... You're making me want to break it out and get started!

--Alex

Thanks for the comments and for stopping by guys.

The one thing i regret is that i planned to putty the gap near the docking bay and by the time I remembered i was already into the decal process. :/.

Some more pics -

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back