Han Solo Force Awakens Blaster is HFC (and now also a Maurshin) m712 airsoft pistol

Re: Han Solo Force Awakens Blaster is HFC (and now also a Maurshin) m712 airsoft pist

Actually, I don't think the flash hider is from a MR. The scallops in the back of the flash suppressor are too short on the TFA blaster to be from a MR LE blaster.

I also don't think the scope came from a MR. It's defiantly based on the MR, the extra groove gives that away. But the knurling on the adjustment knob is too rough. I think that they basically used a MR LE blaster as reference and then machined new parts

Pretty sure it is - they made a stunt casting of the new blaster, which may or may not make some details more obscure or look different.

Take a look here:

hantfa80.jpg

No doubt that Flash hider is from the Limited Edition, it looks nothing like our DEC ones. The same goes for the Scope Mont, as you can see the way of mounting without a dovetail is the same, not to mention the screw holes for the Mount's rings are centered, as opposed to off-center:

star-wars-7-force-awakens-poster-han.jpg

And yes, the scope is also from the Limited Edition, as that ring in front of the scope adjustment knob makes it all to clear - it's not cast.

Re: Han Solo Force Awakens Blaster is HFC (and now also a Maurshin) m712 airsoft pist

Please see my previous post and look at this comparison

hantfa MR COMPARE.jpg

The parts look like they were based on the MR blaster. But they're NOT exactly the same

So are we still thinking now Marushin/Tercel for sure on the body?

For the WIRED blaster. Yes. The BELL is similar, but the bolt doesn't have the weird step design seen on the Marushin or Tercel.

I'm putting my money (and by that I mean I'm buying :lol) on the Marushin because they seem more readily available and I think a lighter blaster would have made a certain amount of practical sense. But since I wouldn't rule out the Tercel as an option.

So, we have Marushin/Tercel base in the WIRED photo and a HFC at Disney. Both with custom parts, loosely based on (but not directly taken from) a MR LE blaster

- - - Updated - - -

The parts were CNCd by the prop department from what I've heard.

Where did this info come from? Just curious.

Dan

For the WIRED blaster. Yes. The BELL is similar, but the bolt doesn't have the weird step design seen on the Marushin or Tercel.

I'm putting my money (and by that I mean I'm buying :lol) on the Marushin because they seem more readily available and I think a lighter blaster would have made a certain amount of practical sense. But since I wouldn't rule out the Tercel as an option.

So, we have Marushin/Tercel base in the WIRED photo and a HFC at Disney. Both with custom parts, loosely based on (but not directly taken from) a MR LE blaster

- - - Updated - - -

Where did this info come from? Just curious.

Dan

Someone on the inside!

So, what color should it be? The flash hider I mean...

Have you found Marushins for anything less than $230? I cant find many around at all.

Yep, after looking at the pictures again I'd say the scope mount is definitely a cast or CNC job. The center mount retention screw is not a separate piece:

Wired blaster-

retention.jpg

Fathead poster-
retention1.jpg

MR Elite-
retention2.jpg

Also, the Wired blaster has more concentric engraved rings on the retention screw than the MR.

I'm also not convinced the Wired blaster is the Hero as none of the weathering seems to match up:

ScreenShotFord.jpg

sw_prop_24-1024x768.jpg

Oh, well. Wouldn't want to make it too easy on us :unsure I still say it would make sense for the scope, mount, grill and FH to be resin to reduce weight. They have that painted resin look on the Wired blaster.

Have you found Marushins for anything less than $230? I cant find many around at all.

I got mine for $100.00. But it was a one off thing. If I lived in Japan, I could have my pic of Marushins, since there are a bunch for sale on Yahoo JP. But alas I don't have a Japanese phone number, so I can't register to bid. Maybe a Japanese board member might be able to buy and sell a few of those listed for auction.

Dan

- - - Updated - - -

So, what color should it be? The flash hider I mean...

It looks like a lot of the weathering done on these props uses airbrushing to make a heated metal color effect. So, I don't think we can say it is one color or another. More of a spectrum of colors. I actually really like this look.

Dan

Yeah third party bidding sites for Yahoo Japan like Celga wont bid on realistic airsoft guns :/ Which sucks because like you said, there are quite a few on there.

I'm new to the whole marushin's gun. are these still available or a eBay hunt kind of thing?

and if they are a eBay hunt what is the exact wording I have to search for. I think I'm going to have to keep my eyes out for one now...

I have a bad feeling that these are going to go the ways of the graflex $$$$$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of these don't show up on e-bay because e-bay has some gun rules that although they don't actually apply to replicas, can sometimes make headaches for guys selling guns or gun parts and drive them to gun specific auction cites like gunbroker.com or auction arms. Although every once and a while they show up on e-bay as well.

Google's shopping search is pretty useless. So, I think you're best best is doing an image search for Marushin Mauser and then use the images as a way of locating airsoft sellers who have these on hand.

But the Marushin has been out of production for a while, so their really scarce. And the Tercel seems to have been a really limited production that got sort-of eclipsed by HFC and KWC.

If you don't care about blowback capability. I think buying a HFC and dressing it up like the blaster from Disneyland would be your best bet. Now all we need is for someone to do a run of Han TFA blaster parts.

- - - Updated - - -

Who am I kidding. I'll probably do a run of scope mounts at least in the new year

Agreed 100% on the 'heated' weathering.

Looks really cool.

A lot of these don't show up on e-bay because e-bay has some gun rules that although they don't actually apply to replicas, can sometimes make headaches for guys selling guns or gun parts and drive them to gun specific auction cites like gunbroker.com or auction arms. Although every once and a while they show up on e-bay as well.

Google's shopping search is pretty useless. So, I think you're best best is doing an image search for Marushin Mauser and then use the images as a way of locating airsoft sellers who have these on hand.

But the Marushin has been out of production for a while, so their really scarce. And the Tercel seems to have been a really limited production that got sort-of eclipsed by HFC and KWC.

If you don't care about blowback capability. I think buying a HFC and dressing it up like the blaster from Disneyland would be your best bet. Now all we need is for someone to do a run of Han TFA blaster parts.

- - - Updated - - -

Who am I kidding. I'll probably do a run of scope mounts at least in the new year

Evike has this:

http://www.evike.com/products/24054/

Is the only difference the blowback???

Also what exactly in blowback???

Thanks

Tom

This is an HFC, the same one used for the Disney blaster. But a little different from the WIRED blaster.

Blowback means that when fired, the bolt actually kicks back like a real gun.

Dan

Evike has this:

http://www.evike.com/products/24054/

Is the only difference the blowback???

Also what exactly in blowback???

Thanks

Tom

That's the HFC that was previously identified from the promo pics. It's gas powered but non-blowback.

On a blowback mauser the bolt would cycle and cock the hammer after each shot. On the HFC you either pull back the hammer manually or fire via a double action trigger pull.

This is the main difference between the two, and easiest way to identify them:

HFC (Stunt, Disney display)
Screen Shot 2015-11-23 at 4.01.10 PM.png

Marushin (Hero)
Screen Shot 2015-11-23 at 4.01.20 PM.png

View attachment 558474

Marushin (Hero)
View attachment 558475

Wow, the Marushin is much sharper looking in details. It's kind like the difference between the MGC and the Denix. I'm wondering how it compares to a real Mauser, Denix and MGC, andyone have those pics?

I got mine for $100.00. But it was a one off thing. If I lived in Japan, I could have my pic of Marushins, since there are a bunch for sale on Yahoo JP. But alas I don't have a Japanese phone number, so I can't register to bid. Maybe a Japanese board member might be able to buy and sell a few of those listed for auction.

Dan

- - - Updated - - -

It looks like a lot of the weathering done on these props uses airbrushing to make a heated metal color effect. So, I don't think we can say it is one color or another. More of a spectrum of colors. I actually really like this look.

Dan

Buyee.com is a service that charges a small fee for buying then shipping to the states. If you guys did a group buy it would be cheap.

This is an HFC, the same one used for the Disney blaster. But a little different from the WIRED blaster.

Blowback means that when fired, the bolt actually kicks back like a real gun.

Dan

Coolio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Tom

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 558474

Marushin (Hero)
View attachment 558475

Thanks for all the info guys.

Tom

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back