Warrior Hawkgirl - Articulating Wings + Armor

Thanks all for of the comments!!! I was going to add some of my own progress photos, but I actually found a lot of nice shots online. I'll post some making of when I get those progress pics on my computer. So, yes! Best in Show! There were a lot of awesome costumes in St. Louis, so I'm quite happy and impressed that things went so well :D I also met RPFer STLAssassin in his beautiful Assassin's Creed costume! And PartyPyrate got Best Male Hero for his awesome Shredder. Never did find WingHead88 - he and his brother had a fantastic, muscled Captain America and Thor, but I missed out. I'm going to make an effort to hit up more conventions this year, so maybe I'll see some more of you from the RPF!

Here's a shot of the whole wingspan I quite like, except for the derpy face:
1272373_882809608458836_2895857787233257691_o.jpg

885973_943948275647722_7388096782311843519_o.jpg

One booth (Fish-Eye Fun) had a fantastic fish-eye camera up for people to take free photos with, which was, yeah, fantastic:
10404179_10152893847223575_270764928689518589_n.jpg

Can't remember who this image is from:
10689452_10203572722188821_8488179195408123485_n.jpg

Jade Photography had some very high-quality images to share. You can see I'd been "molting"; apparently some of my feathers weren't secured particularly well, and I was dropping them throughout the con:
11334037_894217960620536_5311221473914320103_o.jpg

Hawksmashing Spidey:
0523151330.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone! I plan to rework the wings a little this summer and incorporate some fiberglass rods like someone suggested earlier. I'll be hitting up Cosplacon in Jefferson City, MO this month and Kansas City Comic Con in August. Hopefully, HOPEFULLY, I can swing a trip to Dragon Con this fall! I actually got into vet school this year, so my life is about to get a whole lot busier; I figure I should enjoy some conventions with this costume while I can, as I don't know if I can build something this elaborate in the near future... So, thanks for all the support!

Congratulations on your achievements,in particular your admittance to Vet School ! Proud of you :thumbsup
Keep building your dreams,whether it's costumes or career

Things have been busy, bit I do have a small update! I finally finished up the armored boot covers that I started 6 months ago. (I'm working from my phone, so the photos might be haywire).

The boots are worbla, just like everything else. Patterns were made by covering my shoes with tape, then transferring it to paper. The armor is done in three pieces, linked with paracord.
image.jpg image.jpg

Went to Kansas City Comic Con this weekend and won a beautiful shield from Shield Labs! Best prize ever! Also met two fellow RPFers! @hmoney143 won gold with his fantastic comic book Captain, and @Gojira had a spectacular Phantasm he just finished up.

image.jpg image.jpg

I was also lucky enough to be photographed by Jonny Hackett of No. 9 Photography, and got these fantastic images. Hopefully I an make it back to KC in the fall for an official shoot!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 164
Last edited:
I know I've already tagged you in these on Facebook and you're probably tired of getting notifications from me, but ill post them here for everyone to see.
Great work Springsteel, loved your costume!

View attachment 513975
Hey, I actually hadn't seen that photo! Thanks for sharing it!

I also received a few more very cool shots from Cosplay Close-Up, another excellent KC photographer.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

This is about the time he told me to quit smiling and look fierce, because "you look like you're out in a field, lopping dandelions":
image.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back