A New Hope Light Saber Build

DarthBane

So begins the journey!
I thought I'd share my current build with my fellow Star Wars fanatics. First off I want to say that my build won't be a perfect replica rather my attempt at building something I've long desired. My hope is that it will be enjoyable to watch my progress and to hopefully inspire others to build what they love!

Last edited:
So begins the journey!
I thought I'd share my current build with my fellow Star Wars fanatics. First off I want to say that my build won't be a perfect replica rather my attempt at building something I've long desired. My hope is that it will be enjoyable to watch my progress and to hopefully inspire others to build what they love!
Where did you get the template?

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_1057.JPG
    IMG_1057.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
For the next step i used an Xacto blade to scribe the areas that will be cut out. This wil give me clean lines to cut to later in the process.

Attachments

• IMG_1060.JPG
    IMG_1060.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_1062.JPG
    IMG_1062.JPG
    16 KB · Views: 174
I’m absolutely loving this resurgence in Graflex scratch-builds! You’re off to a great start, DarthBane!

Is that aluminium tube you’re using, or something else?

Last edited by a moderator:
The14thDr Yes it is an 1.5 inch O.D 0.049 inch wall thickness Aluminium pipe i bought from McMaster Carr.Thanks for the comment!

- - - Updated - - -
@FABIAN71 Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back