Luke ROTJ Lightsaber v3

Print is done. The threads are buttery smooth. There’s some modifications I need to make to some chamfered edges. So they print better. But overall almost perfect. Now to begin the clamp.

The clamp in the picture is from something I found on Thingiverse.

0758fda92135fee59c26d221594b17c4.jpg

1934d2b58d86b0ec2d4ecd2bc05025b6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not much of an update today. After printing the prototype, I’ve made some minor changes to the models dimensions. Modified some parts to print and fit better. Learned some more about fusion360 dimensions and other tools so I went back and cleaned up the model a bit.

I still need to do the clamp. I’ve got some ideas on getting it to print well and be more functional than the others I’ve come across on thingiverse and the like. I also need to make the hole in the booster more accurate and add the d-ring hole in the pommel.

Side note. I did start the v2 lightsaber the other night. Due to lack of blueprints and measurements, this one may not be as accurate as I’d like but I’m having fun comparing my model to images and other models of the v2. I’ve got it roughed out and I’m ready for your criticism.

Should I post it in here or create a new thread?

Now I need to ask, how does the pommel and pommel cubes look? im not happy with it. but I want to know what others think.

The flat sections between each pommel cube are slightly concave in your model. I think they should be flat. If you flatten them then the cube section will step up more around its edge like it should.

stunt_v3--pommel.png

I don't know if my adjustment of your image is totally accurate, but I think flattening those sections "accurizes" your model a bit.

Thanks for the suggestion. When looking at the images, to me it appeared to be concave, but ill take a look at some more angles and make some modifications.

Thanks again.

The flat sections between each pommel cube are slightly concave in your model. I think they should be flat. If you flatten them then the cube section will step up more around its edge like it should.

View attachment 784983

I don't know if my adjustment of your image is totally accurate, but I think flattening those sections "accurizes" your model a bit.

Sweet! my kid has been asking for one. I may print one of these out for him. I'll post here and give you credit if I do.
Thanks for offering the model, I appreciate the work involved!

You are welcome. If you run into any issues, please let me know. My first test print of the model worked great. I havent been able to print it since I completed the clamp due to printer problems. I am hoping everything still works well.

Sweet! my kid has been asking for one. I may print one of these out for him. I'll post here and give you credit if I do.
Thanks for offering the model, I appreciate the work involved!

Has anyone downloaded and printed the files yet? I would like to see some printed sabers.

Also, if you want my v3 shared stunt files or my newly released helmet stand files visit my Thingiverse.

I've got the parts printed, and I'll be assembling and finishing after the next prop gig is over! It will display along with your V2 and the Hero, cause who want's to pick just one? :)

Has anyone downloaded and printed the files yet? I would like to see some printed sabers.

Also, if you want my v3 shared stunt files or my newly released helmet stand files visit my Thingiverse.

I have printed them today. Amazing parts. Very clean. No need for after process. Thanks for the .stl. Will put some pictures tomorrow and later on when painted.

One of these days I’ll update this model to have the same tolerances on the clamp parts like i did with the v2 model.

I am almost done with the final version. It is hollow like my v2. All parts will be press fit. You can glue them if you would like. This should be ready in a few days.

Just need to finish the clamp card and it should be ready.

649e918af0fcdfba0dd6cb7748ed765a.jpg

I have uploaded the final version of this to Thingiverse. If you want it, visit the link below. I kept the thread-together version on Thingiverse as well, so make sure you choose the correct version.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back