Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (Post-release)

What did you think of Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald?

• Total voters

doctorDWwho

Sr Member
The title of the sequel to Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them was released today with an accompanying picture of the cast.

fantastic-beasts-crimes-of-grindelwald.jpg

Very excited to see where this goes!!

“ will we die... just a little” has had me wondering since I first heard it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, Played by Jude Law

I think the title is bad, I liked the first movie, love the Potter world so I'm of course going to be seeing this opening weekend. Still a little irked by Depp and a few of the little choices they're making but they've got my interest.

I agree, just saw the title on Instagram and I thought it was a fan account, but nope, it was Pottermore

I would have prefered something like "FANTASTIC BEASTS and Where They Roam" to allude to the more global scale of the follow-up.

That or move to "Newt Scamander and the Crimes of Gellert Grindlewald" if they really have to drive home the focus on Grindlewald

Trailer went live this morning. I am surprisingly happy with it. I love Jude Law as Dumbledore so far. My only minor nit is: what's with the Ministry flacks being able to apparate onto Hogwart's grounds? It was repeatedly beaten into the ground in the books and movies that you can't do that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really enjoyed the trailer.

I liked the the first one a lot, so I'm hoping this one keeps the same "feel" that the first one did.

Trailer went live this morning. I am surprisingly happy with it. I love Jude Law as Dumbledore so far. My only minor nit is: what's with the Ministry flacks being able to apparate onto Hogwart's grounds? It was repeatedly beaten into the ground in the books and movies that you can't do that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sEaYB4rLFQ

I'm not super familiar with the books, but is it a rule or protection spell that makes it so you can't apparate onto Hogwart's grounds? If so, maybe the things that happen in this film will lead to the rule or protection spell?

Kinda like where I work there was never a rule forbidding you from playing with a helper monkey, until someone caused an issue leading to us not being allowed to play with helper monkeys?

And yes, at work we actually are not allowed to play with helper monkeys any more.

The trailer looks great!! Grindelwald looks like he’s been put through hell!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sEaYB4rLFQ

That is during Dumbledore's tenure as headmaster. The school could have been run very differently before then, we don't know yet.

Yep, that protection may come later. Maybe even after the first Wizarding War. OTOH, Dumbledore was able to get around it, ("being me has its privileges") so perhaps there were other who could as well.

Yep, that protection may come later. Maybe even after the first Wizarding War. OTOH, Dumbledore was able to get around it, ("being me has its privileges") so perhaps there were other who could as well.

Well, Dumbledore was the headmaster at the time of that quote, so maybe the headmaster in the movie decided to allow the Aurors to apparate there for some reason. I'm just saying, I think it needs to be at least off-handedly addressed.

I assumed that the bridge the Aurors apparate onto was just on the boundary of the magical protections. If they could truly apparate onto the grounds, surely they'd just go straight to Dumbledore's classroom. It doesn't seem to be a social visit, so can't imagine they'd worry about being polite.

One thing I was particularly interested in was the Lestrange family tree. It suggests that Leta and Credence are related, but I can't work out whether it's as cousins or half-siblings, from the way it's drawn.

Also, that drawing seems have the pure-bloods in solid white. From that it seems like the muggles are in black, with half-bloods being half and half.

IMG_3897.jpg

YouTube super Carlin brothers on YouTube, they have done some pretty good investigation on the relationship

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back