Death Star plans data card - zenix's build thread

I've updated the "other" thread. check it out.

rev 2 will look something like this render.
I've updated the base black bar too to the 'stepped' version.
render.png
render of rev2 card without black bar

giphy1915993776.gif
pictured is rev 1 of the gold plated version.

I received my Stunt version last night. Looks great zenix ! I plan on backing the Hero version as well. Great item to just throw on a shelf.

Stunt Plans.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
My Maltese falcon is all shiny black. Is that wrong? I found it for $4 at a thrift shop.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

LOL, uh no. And $4! You lucky SOB! I plan on getting a Haunted Studios one soon to place next to this one. I picked this one up fairly cheap awhile back because it is a full heavy plaster Burbank Studios run from 75-76 cast from the original 1941. Only 250 were made, I believe my number is 84...

LOL, uh no. And $4! You lucky SOB! I plan on getting a Haunted Studios one soon to place next to this one. I picked this one up fairly cheap awhile back because it is a full heavy plaster Burbank Studios run from 75-76 cast from the original 1941. Only 250 were made, I believe my number is 84...
488fbd7f139693220d3fcdaf49ac2ff9.jpg

Ya, I was thrilled and super confused when I saw it on the shelf at Salvation Army

In the screengrab posted, I see very thin circles between each of the thicker rings, plus a small thin central circle inside your existing center circle.

This looks slightly different to the version we saw on screen: the thicker bar across the bottom is no longer black, but the same colour as the rest of the card, and there appears to be a semi-circular notch cut out of the strip.

Great find, thanks for sharing!!

EDIT: the card also appears to be more silver than the "dirty white" of the screen prop.

Im still convinced the screen used prop is metallic like the image above. It is just reflecting light and therefore looks "white". The image above looks similar to the image of Leia holding the data card.

Looks like a semi-circle cutout or indentation in the center of the black bar. Like a thumb grip.

I can always make it without the white soldermask, but I really think it's there. The back will be exposed aluminum either way.

I had a hunch the black bar was this shape with the arc cutout but wasn't sure. You can kind of make it out in the Leia shot. That's an easy fix and I'll include that with the rev2 that ships.

I have thin circles between the big circles, but don't see the central circle mentioned.

I can't see the circuit details in the white-ish area on the new pic. That plus the white bottom bar is kind of telling me that this is a different version, maybe a stunt version? Any news on the source of this pic? It looks like a display somewhere.

The other reason I really think it's white is because if it's silver colored, then what color are the details? Black? That's just not how circuitboards are made, and all the evidence points to this actually being a manufactured pcb.
ro card unsk.png

I think the traces are covered by the white soldermask, showing through the white, like a typical circuit board:
auto-part-bergquist-mp-06503-aluminium-pcb-bergquist-pcb-board-bergquist-aluminum-based-pcb-alum.jpg

I'm really liking the rev 2 boards. I wasn't sure about this run because I knew eventually some new reference pics would come to light. I think the rev 2 is getting to the point that I'm gonna jump on this kickstarter. Great job on researching and making the changes.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back