Genji - Overwatch Foam Cosplay Build

Fantastically clean build. Love it. Is that contact cement in the sauce dispenser? I tried that and it dried out quite quickly despite being sealed well how long does yours last like that?

Fantastically clean build. Love it. Is that contact cement in the sauce dispenser? I tried that and it dried out quite quickly despite being sealed well how long does yours last like that?
Hey Thanks! Yeah, it's contact cement in a Ketchup squeeze bottle. Mine comes with a cap. So it's holding up really well. If I didn't have a cap, I'd just put some clear tape over the opening.

Started sealing the Genji helmets for paint . I have 2 because I rebuilt another one a smaller scale The new one fits perfectly.
I'm going to finish both anyways. I'm using pva glue-water type mixture to keep it simple. Once it dries, it'll go clear.

16865058_2199903150234686_5965791168393518963_n.jpg 16998205_1440544612644599_3807279485876692738_n.jpg

Last edited:
I seem to have trouble myself using thicker foam sheets when it comes to gluing. I always seem to have to bevel my edges in the direction the bend to make sure the final piece comes out correctly. Do you do anything special to compensate for the thickness of your material? Because the work I saw was just gorgeous man. Major respect.

I seem to have trouble myself using thicker foam sheets when it comes to gluing. I always seem to have to bevel my edges in the direction the bend to make sure the final piece comes out correctly. Do you do anything special to compensate for the thickness of your material? Because the work I saw was just gorgeous man. Major respect.

Thank you :)
I still bevel my edges. Nothing wrong with you doing that. It's a must depending on what you're doing.
I don't think I really do anything special. I haven't really had any problems with cutting those bevels on 1/2" and 1/4" foam.

So I sanded the seams, filled them with "Kwik seal" caulking, sealed with pva glue/water mix, primed with acrylic primer from an airbrush,
mixed the matching dark grey and silver colors and airbrush painted the foam helmet in acrylics.
All that's left is a clear coat, some tiny bit of weathering and the visor lights.
17309797_1460331613999232_682968956034700678_n.png

I just realised you ARE the guy that follows me on IG. I'm stupidly honoured and flattered. As for this helmet; it's nice and clean! Bevel cuts while cutting the pieces out is something I've been doing too and it's so much easier than doing it afterwards I've found.
Also; it's not just easier to work with contact cement, it also saves you burns.....

I have a nice one on my thumb now when I tried to secure a strap.

Edit: I see this was my 1200th post !

I just realised you ARE the guy that follows me on IG. I'm stupidly honoured and flattered. As for this helmet; it's nice and clean! Bevel cuts while cutting the pieces out is something I've been doing too and it's so much easier than doing it afterwards I've found.
Also; it's not just easier to work with contact cement, it also saves you burns.....

I have a nice one on my thumb now when I tried to secure a strap.

Edit: I see this was my 1200th post !
Thank you very much! Definitely loving the contact cement these days.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back