ANOVOS Darth Vader

no, no worries Kroenen, i'm not saying the fan sculpt is better and i was talking of fan work generally.
But it is my personnal feeling and emotions but no doubt that my eyes are certainly not as trained as yours.
I admit that i'm fan but not Vader expert.

It´s not. When watching the movies originally, before HD and screenshots, i didn´t noticed the bad craftmanship.

And why the hell wants bookface to match exact this look?His ANH paintjob looks really great...but this look is an example for the bad craftmanship you don´t like.;)

no, no worries Kroenen, i'm not saying the fan sculpt is better and i was talking of fan work generally.
But it is my personnal feeling and emotions but no doubt that my eyes are certainly not as trained as yours.
I admit that i'm fan but not Vader expert.

That is ok.That is your personal taste.My problem starts when we are talking about "what we saw on screen".We saw no Quasimodo..we saw the real thing.What everyone wanted or wants to see is his personal opinion.For me are only the facts important.
And if somebody likes the version of an artist more as the original is it no problem for me.Really.

I don´t know what he wants, i´m just arguing that what our eyes have seen on screen may have not looked as what was used. ;)

And hey, other than that .... personally i´m one of the heretics that would have preferred if they did a better job and made the stuff symmetrical (not only Vader). :angel :D

Yes..but I was a kid as I seen SW first.So everything in the movie looked perfect for me.:)

About the symmetry: I also like symmetric things a lot.Like my ROTS Vaderhelmet.But the OT props where not symmetrical.
And the Quasimodo is also not symmetrical.It is an idealized Vaderversion to match some iconic screenshots.

Yeah you're right, it is an idealzed version. This is maybe why i like it so much! :rolleyes
But anyway, i'm sorry i did not want to create controversy, just exchange our feelings and tastes. :)

Hi guys,
How long did you wait to get your anovos helmet?, Im about to have 2 years waiting, i purchased to gadget dynamix on eBay, but no news, other than what i have read on anovos page

Cheers

Enviado desde mi SM-G955U mediante Tapatalk

Hi guys,
How long did you wait to get your anovos helmet?, Im about to have 2 years waiting, i purchased to gadget dynamix on eBay, but no news, other than what i have read on anovos page

Cheers

You bought from eBay or directly from Anovos?

Hi guys.

Some interesting comments. Can I just add that I don’t make or offer my helmets as any competition or as anything better out there to any other Vader helmets made. There are some wonderful helmets available to all budgets.
My helmets are what they are. I have made no bold claims just offered people facts and the chance to own some previously unavailable to the masses. No they are not cheap but if they were I would have a waiting list 10 years long instead if a year. I use top end materials and offer the best, most accurate helmets I can. The price reflects the work hours I have put into this helmet not just what you are getting in a BBB. I spent a year researching every little detail and material used down to the nuts and bolts holding on the mounting ring, the make of paint I use and even strapping fasteners and internal foam placement etc. I try to offer a level of accuracy not seen on any other helmet down to the bits you don’t see. That is how I roll. [emoji23]
I love what I do and hope that reflects in my props. I don’t force anyone to buy one ever. That goes for all the costumes and props I make. It’s all down to personal choice and budget.

Some pics of what you are discussing.

09a372408c1064bb0162bada0c28902f.jpg

0fcf01e19b3ccc0889b761e545d1e50f.jpg
280c12d43adf29773c4da98932b8827a.jpg
df4167288afc11d557a63675f4ecbfd3.jpg

Cheers,

Mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys.

Some interesting comments. Can I just add that I don’t make or offer my helmets as any competition or as anything better out there to any other Vader helmets made. There are some wonderful helmets available to all budgets.
My helmets are what they are. I have made no bold claims just offered people facts and the chance to own some previously unavailable to the masses. No they are not cheap but if they were I would have a waiting list 10 years long instead if a year. I use top end materials and offer the best, most accurate helmets I can. The price reflects the work hours I have put into this helmet not just what you are getting in a BBB. I spent a year researching every little detail and material used down to the nuts and bolts holding on the mounting ring, the make of paint I use and even strapping fasteners and internal foam placement etc. I try to offer a level of accuracy not seen on any other helmet down to the bits you don’t see. That is how I roll. [emoji23]
I love what I do and hope that reflects in my props. I don’t force anyone to buy one ever. That goes for all the costumes and props I make. It’s all down to personal choice and budget.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180404/09a372408c1064bb0162bada0c28902f.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180404/0fcf01e19b3ccc0889b761e545d1e50f.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180404/280c12d43adf29773c4da98932b8827a.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180404/df4167288afc11d557a63675f4ecbfd3.jpg

Cheers,

Mark.

Superb helmet! :thumbsup

Hi guys.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180404/0fcf01e19b3ccc0889b761e545d1e50f.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180404/280c12d43adf29773c4da98932b8827a.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180404/df4167288afc11d557a63675f4ecbfd3.jpg

Cheers,

Mark.

This is nothing but torture Mark! Torture! I kept my self from looking at this work of art to make my wait less painful.

Hi guys.

Cheers,

Mark.

Just to echo what what others have said - this is a fantastic looking helmet. The fact that you’ve also copied all those details (even those mainly unseen) makes it even more amazing to me. Bravo!

Cheers

Jez

2 years ago? I don't think you can open PayPal case anymore but I would be surprised if you receive your helmet. Who's the ebay seller?
I Know,:( the seller Is gadgetdynamix, at the beggining they keep sending updates but last messaje was from november last year, they said anovos was still shipping helmets,

Just wanted to chime in here and say thank you again to everyone who gave guidance and advice to me in my search for a Vader helmet. There are a lot of really amazing options to choose from and I appreciate all who have tried to help sort through them all. My quest for an awesome replica has taken some interesting twists and turns. I don't want to say too much in case it turns out to be nothing special so I will hold off until I can investigate further. If it turns out to be something cool I may need some help in identifying exactly what I may have stumbled on.

I Know,:( the seller Is gadgetdynamix, at the beggining they keep sending updates but last messaje was from november last year, they said anovos was still shipping helmets,

I'm sorry to hear of your problems with Gadget Dynamics. My best advice would be try to get your money back while you can ! Beware of this company ! I had a very similar situation to yours. I had preordered an expensive item from them off eBay, waited patiently even after their "regular monthly updates" stopped coming in. I waited for almost two and a half years. The owner or whomever is in charge of their customer service ( I believe his name was Chris ) is a real piece of work. They first refused me any refund at all. Then when it became clear I was becoming upset. All I was asking for were the updates I was promised but kept getting the same run around. "They'll be available in the next wave within the next 3-6 months". It wasn't until it was clear I was getting upset that they finally offered me an in-store credit for anything else on their website. But when you look at their website, 90% of the items they are selling are preorders and they have very little in actual stock. It seems like a shady scam. And they only offered me this after I threatened to go to eBay and report them for breaking policy ( eBay policy says you can't offer a preorder more than 30 days before the items release ) and warning other customers to steer clear of doing business with them. The guy actually then threatened to sue me for telling other about my experience with them. I reminded him that he can't sue me for telling the truth and it's not slander if it's true. This is after waiting patiently for two and a half years. Not once in all of my correspondences with them did they offer an apology for the ridiculously long wait. I told them I wasn't interested in any other preorders from them and that all I wanted was the item I originally paid for and an honest answer about when I would receive it. That's when the guy finally threw up his hands and said " here's your money back. Now just go away". So if you are having problems with them still I would say you've heard a lot of negative reviews about their company and that you'd like your money back. Tell them you will have to get eBay involved for breaking policy if they aren't being helpful or accommodating and remind them you have a voice and the more angry customers they create the faster their company is going to crash and burn. Trust me I've been a collector my whole life and felt with countless dealers and distributors and I have never encountered such terrible customer service and lack of appreciation for ones customers. Steer far clear of Gadget Dynamics and get your money back ASAP.

That is actually very well said. I wasnt knocking anybody wanting to get the Quasimodo. My point was the fact that Mac hides the inaccuracies and the fact that its a fan sculpt with his "Emotions and capturing the look" speal. It ropes uneducated(with vaders) people into thinking this helmet is the closest and best option out there. The fact remains that an authentic cast will always trump a fan sculpt as the authentic casts tend to share the same molds and connections to the screen used and thus ultimately the same sculpt. You can not get any closer to the "LOOK" of Vader then that.

But if the Quasimodo is the helmet you want. Be my guest and have fun. That is what this hobby is all about.

My work has been openly shared and documented over the last 10 years, and my art process - and how my choices run counter the "lineage" culture - is on my Facebook page.

You're saying I'm outright and intentionally deceiving people.

Isn't it disingenuous that you've not told people I had barred you from buying a Quasimodo helmet? Perhaps you'd like to explain to everyone here my reasons for having done so, as it might shed light on this campaign of yours?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back