Definitive Harley Quinn suicide squad thread

This is the actual ring straight from the jeweler. It is the only image they share of it and the best I've found. I think it is an animal skull? No idea.

Hyena skull, maybe?

il_570xN.785629897_abyt.jpg

some of it might still be up in the air, since no hd photo has been released yet. After this it is our intention to release other movie universe characters of whatever movie based comic has or will come out. If you have any suggestions on how to improve our characters please add a link to source.
thank you

ahahahahahaha
Hush little baby don't say a word
Mama's gonna kill for you the
whole damn world. And if the
world should wonder why, Mama's
gonna make it cry and cry
All the weirdos and freaks won't
lay a finger on me, cause everyone
know's who's my baby. Hahahahahahah
They want me to trust
these ??????????? Eat your
heart out. Hush little baby
don't say a word. Mama's gonna
kill for you the whole damn
world. And if the World don't
wonder why. Mama's gonna
make them cry and cry
laugh and laugh
tears of laughter
God you're funny
You're killing me
Laughter and lies
pudding and pie
All the weirdos and
freaks can't lay
a finger on me. Everyone know's
who's my baby. My baby
likes me to wear a
smile to work. Good thing I
like to swing this bat.
Does that make me batty?
You're killing me
Hahahahahahhahaha
????????? Wanna play?

Attachments

• IMG_0273-1.JPG
    IMG_0273-1.JPG
    213.4 KB · Views: 355
I was doing some poking around trying to research for my own "harley bat" and stumbled on this thread. Great stuff so far. The only thing I have to add is that the font for "GOOD NIGHT" is supposedly "Bernard MT Condensed". The default kerning is off and needs to be reduced to squish the letters together a bit, and sized appropriately to the bat. I also pulled in a screenshot and stretched the font width to match.

Margot Robbie is 5'6" - and the bat looks medium to large on her. There's shots of her carrying it over her shoulders, and it sticks out about a foot on either side. Also if you look at the pictures of Harley Quinn Smith holding it, the bat looks pretty large. I would guess that the bat is 32 or 33 inches. (Also based on the fact that the girth looks pretty wide compared to the length, makes me think that it might not be a full 34" regulation bat).

As far as brand goes, we may never know. Out of the popular options available for purchase I would say it's probably closest to a Louisville Slugger. Not only is this the obvious choice for Harley Quinn since she uses words like puddin', sugga', and slugger'. But also, the hilt of the handle and tip of the bat look rounded, and less pronounced than other brands like Rawling and Easton. Just my 2 cents.

Hi friends!!
Since I am assembling this cosplay as well, I wanted to put in my .02. I actually bought a foam baseball bat for the bat because I'm pretty sure I would have problems trying to carry around a real one. I don't think they will let you into our comicon here (Phoenix, AZ) if you have a real weapon that can't be secured (i.e. a sword that can be zip-tied into its sheath.) I don't know how it is out there for y'all, but going the fake route was safer and definitely cheaper! This is the one I bought:
http://www.amazon.com/POOF-Foam-Hom...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s02

Fortunately that "POOF!" logo is a decal that scrapes right off. :)

Here is the finished bat:
goodnightbat.jpg

Very pleased with the way it turned out. :D It's definitely going to be shorter than a real one, but...eh. The quotes I used include"You lock up the weirdos...", "Hush little baby... (only the first two lines of it)," "I'm rubber, you're glue..."
and the three I used that I haven't yet seen listed here are "If you're trying to scare me it won't work. Cause mister I've seen SCARY and you ain't got his SMILE." "I'll burn the world just to see the fire in your eyes!" and "The voices in my head will be quiet when I'm dead." I know that last one isn't a Harley quote, but it's fitting, no? :) I also wrote "Mr. J" with a heart and arrow and drew the diamond design and the hearts seen in the tattoo collage.

I bought the shirt from Hot Topic because at the time, they had the only screen-accurate one I could find. I had to buy it in the store though cause they were sold out online. :/ For the spiked wrist cuffs, I just bought these:
http://www.amazon.com/Press-Buckle-...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
and spray painted them gold. Super cheap, super easy. (Thought I would mention that since I only saw them mentioned once previously and the ones linked were $$.)

There's also these:
http://www.amazon.com/Harley-Quinn-Bracelet-Spiked-Wrist/dp/B015IIFB5M
But they are very sharp and most likely too big for my wrists.

Shoes: http://www.amazon.com/Dreamy-Womens...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00
(I usually try to avoid buying anything from China but I wouldn't have been able to make them, so that was my only option if I wanted screen accuracy. Plus I was able to get expedited shipping.)

Collar: https://www.etsy.com/listing/274543...quinn-puddin-choker?ref=listing-shop-header-1
(I may end up spray painting it.)

This one is more screen-accurate:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/248577337/choker-puddin-harley-quinn-suicide-squad?ref=hp_mod_rf

But I didn't necessarily trust that it would arrive on time from Italy. Plus, I'm kind of particular about collars because I just prefer them with a buckle.

Holster: http://www.amazon.com/Generic-Tacti...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01

Can't beat that price, right? :) I have yet to add the metal accents to it but I'll be doing that soon.

For the shorts and glove I'm going to be seeking the help of seamstress friends to sew fabric onto fabric (I'm just not paying 20 bucks for a glove and 50 for a pair of spandex shorts...nope.)

In some areas I will go for spot-on screen accuracy (shirt, shoes) while in others I am willing to compromise (wrist cuffs, collar)

Questions:

1. Still looking for the jacket from a US-based seller at a reasonable price (I just can't shell out $100+ because I've already spent a fair amount on the rest of the costume. I won't be too upset if I end up having to forgo the jacket altogether. I will be dealing with weather in June (con) and August (film) in Phoenix, after all...but it would be nice to have. :)

2. I bought the belt but without the diamond-shaped buckle because it was of a much nicer quality and it was cheaper than the ones I saw with the buckle, so...by chance would anyone know where to get just the buckle?

3. Does she wear the glove on her right or left hand?

4. Anyone been able to find the ring?

I hope some of you will find this helpful. Any questions, feel free to ask! :)

Last edited:
A friend told me those were clips. Would love to hear ideas on how to fake those, haha. :)

that would make sense logically, as they're on the holster, but then again her gun is a revolver (so it wouldn't use clips) and whatever they are look more like a cut down version of those little 12 oz soda bottles to me, haha

that would make sense logically, as they're on the holster, but then again her gun is a revolver (so it wouldn't use clips) and whatever they are look more like a cut down version of those little 12 oz soda bottles to me, haha

Youre both right. Those are quick reload cartridges for a revolver... They are called Speed Loaders. The bullets are pre-arranged for quick reload into a revolver.

Factory Entertainment is putting out foam versions of Harley's mallet and bat. Clearest lettering so far!

View attachment 621388
View attachment 621389

NOW they do this... :facepalm I would almost get irritated, except that I'm happy I made my own and that I made it unique. :3

- - - Updated - - -

Youre both right. Those are quick reload cartridges for a revolver... They are called Speed Loaders. The bullets are pre-arranged for quick reload into a revolver.

Thanks for the info!! ^_^

I believe they are billet aluminum speedloaders by a company called 5 star for the chiappa rhino series. About $ 22 each. There are very few rhino compatible speedloaders...

Upon closer inspection, they actually do look sort of like glass bottles/vials of some sort...my friend suggested that they could be acid or something similar. I mean, it is Harley Quinn we're talking about so it makes sense.... hmm... but the more I stare at it the more conflicted I feel...speed loaders make the most sense but...? Either way it would be hard to fit those into the holster I got because the pouch is designed to hold things more like magazine clips... :/

A friend told me those were clips. Would love to hear ideas on how to fake those, haha. :)

These are the most likely candidates (since there really is no other manufacturer):

View attachment 623349

I'm going to 3d print the base and use a hex bolt for the release knob... either paint and rubnbuff or aluminum tape to get the desired chrome effect. I'm thinking about attaching it the caps on some old medicine bottles for a little extra storage, otherwise i'll just print some rounds.

Attachments

• CF35706000-2.jpg
    CF35706000-2.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 242
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back