eFx Collectibles Announce THE AVENGERS Limited Edition Replicas

Would you mind uploading side and rear photos? As well as the inside?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Since this is the EFx thread, let's maybe not derail with more photos of fan-made kits. There are some all-round photos of my copy elsewhere in the forum.

Just wanted to throw this out there to compare a fan made piece to the official offering.

This was printed by @JOATRASH FX and completely finished and painted by myself for @Stieller with a @Risu lens kit install.
Price wise, just about on par with the eFx lid but for my money? It's like night and day. If he'd master and sell resin casts I think it would be the definitive Star-Lord to get.

You did fantastic work on that! There are actually a couple reasons why I can't do resin kits of it- one is that I am obligated not to "mass produce" it because of the reference I was given, the other is that my workshop simply isn't set up for casting large pieces like this.

I really like the EFx though for a "clean" look. It's harder to get 3d prints looking factory-new like that unless you have a REAL high-end machine from 3d Systems. I'm thinking of getting an EFx bucket myself and I wouldn't want to discourage anyone getting the licensed offering either.

Man, that looks amazing. I can't wait to pick up one of Joe's helmets for myself.
Good to know that your lenses work inside it too. They look great.

It wasn't an exact fit, I had to do some modifications but yeah, the Risu lenses look great in there.

No worries, I have no problem discouraging people from buying eFx so you don't have to. They are a terrible company delivering subpar products. Once they get those Biker Scouts out to people who paid for them years ago... maybe I'll reconsider.

The point wasn't to show off your helmet really, just to compare a fan made and finished kit to the official offering. The eFx Star-Lord may be a nice clean casting but for the price it should be painted and finished so much better.
I'll have to pick up a Rocketeer V2 kit and compare that as well..

I just kinda meant that those of us that do fan-builds can really only do so on the good graces of the license holders and that they give us some leeway and "ignore" us is really rather great of them and they deserve kudos for it. If they start noticeably losing sales to fan made stuff, things could change real quick.

Hello Everyone,

New to the forum, however I wanted to share that I found out that EFX no longer holds the marvel license. Iron Man and Black Panther will not be released along with any of the other props previously displayed.

1. How do we get our money back for both preorders since Bryan passed and EFX rarely responds to emails.

2. Which company will be stepping up to takeover the marvel license for high end prop replicas?

If anyone has better information or contacts at EFX please share any updated information. Thank you.

This is a very good question, I unfortunately pulled the trigger on the Iron man helmet preorder back then and after almost 7 years nobody cared about who did the same as me.

Hope something will move. At least on the Scout Trooper Legend they gave updates, on the iron man helmet nothing....

Regards,

Alberto

And breaking news… not really… as we all expected, EFX has lost the Marvel license. Get your refunds for Iron Man and Black Panther while they have the funds before they go bankrupt.

Any news or updates as to which. Ono’s h will
Be picking up the prop replica license would be greatly appreciated!

I couldn't believe that EFX was at the SDCC with a full display of items. These companies that never seem to deliver on their promises can just continue to exist like nothing is wrong?

I also went to a LucasFilm panel that discussed collectibles and the EFX guy spoke. He acknowledged that ship times have been slow but said they are getting much better and in the future things should be different.

I've never understood why some of these licensed companies are so poorly managed and how they can get by with such terrible customer service.

I wish a company would take over and we got a Limited Edition Stormbreaker replica.

The Hasbro version is nice but not close to a "collectible" item.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back