2016 SECRET SANTA THREAD - Entry now CLOSED

#failed. first time in a few years, too. It's been a hell of a week, though, with a con, huge photoshoot, friend passing, and election. I must have popped on here just a day or two early because there wasn't a thread when I last checked late october.

That said, if things go down and you need someone to send a replacement gift, I'm available. :)

It always shocks me how quickly some of you get your gifts picked out and shipped!

I just barely looked at my PM from Michael with my recipient's info, but I've already started looking into their interests. Surprisingly we share a few of the same interests, so I've already got a few cool gift ideas! Of course I'm going to continue researching, just in case I can come up with something better or more unique :D

I'm already nervous about how my recipient's going to feel about my gift(s), and I haven't even decided what I'm going to get them yet :lol

#failed. first time in a few years, too. It's been a hell of a week, though, with a con, huge photoshoot, friend passing, and election. I must have popped on here just a day or two early because there wasn't a thread when I last checked late october.

That said, if things go down and you need someone to send a replacement gift, I'm available. :)
I have a reminder on my calendar to start checking at the end of October.

I spent a long time last night coming up with stuff. I'm going to try to send small, cool items from as many of the "wish list" movies/franchises as I can.

Got one of my parts of my gift well underway, two parts of it finished, one part will get started tomorrow, and then the last one should be ready to go by the next set of days off I have. I'm hoping to have it ready to ship within 10 days or so.

I was lucky enough to end up with a recipient with a similar interest. I need to find a big box! it's gonna be awesome!
I know how you feel. I got what I'm gonna make picked out and I am collecting materials as we speak. I am actually gonna have a hard time putting it in the mail, instead of keeping it for myself, so I know my guy will love it! :D

I know how you feel. I got what I'm gonna make picked out and I am collecting materials as we speak. I am actually gonna have a hard time putting it in the mail, instead of keeping it for myself, so I know my guy will love it! :D

Make 2 keep one. Thats what I usually end up doing... :thumbsup

Finally, after..."acquiring", some more information about my recipient I think I have a good plan, I'll be working on it this weekend, hopefully they like it as much as I think they will ha

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Yesterday I had the idea for a nice gift for my Secret Santa and today I built it. It is something I've never done before, so be surprised.

Dietrich

The thing I keep coming back to for my recipient is over budget, but I might do it any way and do a build thread.

Sent from my Motorola StarTAC

I'm having a TON of fun putting the package together for my recipient. I've been painting, and sanding, and filling, and painting for a while tonight.

I'm not really good at this kind of stuff, but if I put a lot of time into it I usually end up with things that look pretty good. I've got a couple of things going in the package that were purchased, as well...so even if he thinks the things I've made are terrible, he should still get something pretty cool. :)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back