Anovos not giving refunds only store credit

Accurate yes Licensed no you asked if there were ever any accurate TOS tunics ever made before anovos.

I have been dealing in Trek props and costumes, replicas as well as screen-used for over 40 years, needless to say I have seen a lot.

Mr made lots of mistakes sure that is not the point I was trying to make.

Regardless of the Business model they are going with and I agree with you one should fund their own runs with investors, been there done that,
Anovos is failing in providing excellent customer service as evidenced by the posts here .

They should have reached out and done something for Alley for what they put him through but all we get is sorry hope you give us another chance> :unsure

Were there really accurate licensed uniforms available before Anovos? Didn't know that.

)

Last edited:
Nonsense, Look at the Wand Company.

Now there is a company who is doing business the RIGHT way

The unfortunate truth of the prop replica market today for many entrepreneurs may be that the choice is either accept this kind of pre-order model in some fashion as a necessary evil to even start a company- at least until adequate financing means have been built up to fund everything up-front, or not have a company exist at all.

Accurate yes Licensed no you asked if there were ever any accurate TOS tunics ever made before anovos.
A company, which I asked about, assumes the requisite that it would be licensed. (Asking if anyone had made an accurate tunic before would have been fairly daft.)

Nonsense,
Different products have different amounts of public demand, attract different sums of investment capital and thus require different business models. It's never going to be the exact same conditions that steer which paths are best (or possible) to take. The Wand Company was started by a couple experts in their field with decades of experience between them. Anovos was started by a couple fans that wanted to bring some dreams to reality (though I don't know their previous experience). I've looked behind the scenes of enough companies with similar challenges to know that things aren't as simple as many would have it. All I tried to do here was bring some balance into the discussion in the interests of keeping some positive spirit in this hobby.

Well if you want to get technical, I am still incorporated in Va. and I do not have a "License, although I have been involved with Companys as a investor, so I do have knowledge of what goes on.

I get what you are saying and understand what you are trying to do, just informing you on some things you obviously do not know in regards to Trek items

A company, which I asked about, assumes the requisite that it would be licensed. (Asking if anyone had made an accurate tunic before would have been fairly daft.)

Different products have different amounts of public demand, attract different sums of investment capital and thus require different business models. It's never going to be the exact same conditions that steer which paths are best (or possible) to take. The Wand Company was started by a couple experts in their field with decades of experience between them. Anovos was started by a couple fans that wanted to bring some dreams to reality (though I don't know their previous experience). I've looked behind the scenes of enough companies with similar challenges to know that things aren't as simple as many would have it. All I tried to do here was bring some balance into the discussion in the interests of keeping some positive spirit in this hobby.

Well if you want to get technical, I am still incorporated in Va. and I do not have a "License, although I have been involved with Companys as a investor, so I do have knowledge of what goes on.

I get what you are saying and understand what you are trying to do, just informing you on some things you obviously do not know in regards to Trek items

FYI, The Wand Company doesn't have a "prop replica" license as Anovos does. The Wand Company has a license to make TV remotes and Bluetooth connectors.
The Wand Co ran very close to the edge with the remote as it can be easily viewed as more of a prop replica and less like a remote.

The Wand Co also decided to seal the battery in the P1 making it impractical for the user to change it when it will run out. Everyone makes blunders, just depends which ones your wanting to harp on.

After waiting well over a year for my Premier Line Imperial Officer costume to be delivered I submitted an Order Cancellation Request to Anovos (the delivery date was originally listed as being July 2015). The automated response I received assured me I'd be hearing back "within due course," whatever that means. It remains to be seen if Anovos will do the right thing and issue a full refund for an item they have been unable to deliver as promised. Needles to say I'll be monitoring this thread with interest, and will post an update if and when I receive (or fail to receive) a refund. For obvious reasons I am not interested in store credit. I want my $1,285.00 back.

You were right to cancel Q4 now

knowing my luck, I will cancel in December, get a refund, and the thing ships in December, considering i ordered in the first round of teir ones.

knowing my luck, I will cancel in December, get a refund, and the thing ships in December, considering i ordered in the first round of teir ones.

To be honest, I did consider canceling both my TNG premiere and Monster Maroon when they were delayed. I'm glad I didn't. I just checked the website update pages. Seems they've started listing more detailed information on all the items- moreso than many other high-end manufacturers. (Try getting ANY info from places like Hot Toys... their GotG Drax figure was in limbo/AWOL for ages without any news before it was re-announced. People were worried they'd have "incomplete" collections, like HT have done before.)

Looks like the Vaders are at least getting close and are in the hands of the Mouse right now:
"*Darth Vader Premier Line Ensemble: Production completed. Awaiting final approval. Current estimated delivery: Q4 2016"

Last edited by a moderator:
Screen Shot 2016-09-13 at 8.06.25 PM.png @Got Maul It might beneficial if someone would check on trouble tickets and try to respond because it doesn't seem to be taking place. At least in my case.

...and that is the way to do business as I posted earlier, They actually came out with a smart business model and delivered items that for the price point can't be beat.

As far as the battery in the P-1 i think that has already been tackled on replacing it when it goes so....;)

FYI, The Wand Company doesn't have a "prop replica" license as Anovos does. The Wand Company has a license to make TV remotes and Bluetooth connectors.
The Wand Co ran very close to the edge with the remote as it can be easily viewed as more of a prop replica and less like a remote.

The Wand Co also decided to seal the battery in the P1 making it impractical for the user to change it when it will run out. Everyone makes blunders, just depends which ones your wanting to harp on.

I have read all the posts on here. I am a consumer fraud lawyer who deals with cases against car manufacturers mainly. I sue them everyday and I am current dealing with the Volkswagen Fraud case. So how many members feel they have been defrauded by Efx or ANOVOS or any other company for taking their money and not delivering their products. I have a lot of money on pre-order with ANOVOS, way more then $900.00, and the same with Efx. As consumers you have rights especially when you pay for a product in full or with a deposit. Now taking legal action will wake up the company for sure, but making them defend a lawsuit will also make them spend money on attorneys to defend the lawsuit. This may speed up the demise of both companies if that is the consensus and end game by members of this board. So besides venting your frustrations, does anyone here really want to take the next step and sue them? Or do we want to comprise a list of names of concerned members and work together with ANOVOS and Efx through their current delays and see if an appropriate resolution can be met?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I started this thread to alert our members to a pretty sneaky and deplorable practice that I as well as I am sure others here were not aware of.

That and imo poor customer service in that instance.

I think it was a success as that it did indeed get Jose here to answer some questions.

I think any member should take any course of action they feel may be neccessary if they request a refund and it is not forthcoming

Still not a peep from ANOVOS re: my request for a refund for the Imperial Officer uniform that is now a year and a half overdue. Perhaps not surprisingly, the co-founder of ANOVOS, who posted to this thread previously, has now fallen silent.

ISo besides venting your frustrations, does anyone here really want to take the next step and sue them? Or do we want to comprise a list of names of concerned members and work together with ANOVOS and Efx through their current delays and see if an appropriate resolution can be met?

I, for one, would support such an effort 100%.

I have read all the posts on here. I am a consumer fraud lawyer who deals with cases against car manufacturers mainly. I sue them everyday and I am current dealing with the Volkswagen Fraud case. So how many members feel they have been defrauded by Efx or ANOVOS or any other company for taking their money and not delivering their products. I have a lot of money on pre-order with ANOVOS, way more then $900.00, and the same with Efx. As consumers you have rights especially when you pay for a product in full or with a deposit. Now taking legal action will wake up the company for sure, but making them defend a lawsuit will also make them spend money on attorneys to defend the lawsuit. This may speed up the demise of both companies if that is the consensus and end game by members of this board. So besides venting your frustrations, does anyone here really want to take the next step and sue them? Or do we want to comprise a list of names of concerned members and work together with ANOVOS and Efx through their current delays and see if an appropriate resolution can be met?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Something needs to be done to kick them into touch

Still no reply from anovos. Their chat system shows them as "online" but when I post something I get no response at all. It feels like the lights are on, but nobodies home.

7:03pm Update: After sending the chat message again I got a response to say they are looking into it and to wait a moment, I am waiting.
7:15pm I am still waiting "a moment" on the chat.
7:16pm RX message "I am still here don't worry"
7:23pm They said it is setup and should be refunded tomorrow.

Sep. 15 12:30am Got word from Partial.ly that they will refund the money.

I will post once the funds are back in my bank. It looks like you can indeed get a refund and cancel a preorder.
You have to jump through some hoops and stay after them which is not ideal but it is what it is. Maybe they are simply understaffed?
So anyway I don't think I would sign up for another pre-order at this point but if the product was in stock I think could do that without reservation.

Update Sep. 19th 11:21am: I checked my bank account and the refund posted this morning. So I can confirm that you can cancel a pre-order and get a cash refund.
Got Maul Looks like we are all set, thank you so much for your time and assistance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will post once the funds are back in my bank. It looks like you can indeed get a refund and cancel a preorder.
You have to jump through some hoops and stay after them which is not ideal but it is what it is. Maybe they are simply understaffed?
So anyway I don't think I would sign up for another pre-order at this point but if the product was in stock I think could do that without reservation.

That would be my guess, which is why they're slow to respond. There's simply not enough money in replica costumes right now to support a lot of people (though Anovos did mention they had just hired more people that were still getting into things). You do have to chase them a bit sometimes, but they're not defrauding people. I've gotten everything I've ever ordered (three uniforms, two of which were delayed by about 6-12 months) as well as refunds whenwanted them . I went into my latest pre-order (another uniform) knowing what to expect, so we'll see how that goes. I do like the fact that they're posting more detailed status updates now.

Something to keep in mind regarding companies posting on message boards (not limited or necessarily specific to Anovos):
Given the choice of posting on message boards (which takes an enormous amount of time) and simply digging in and trying to finish/ship product, the latter is probably preferable to many companies because it's easier to manage and get results. The more you try to communicate with the customer/fanbase, the more (and faster) they will usually expect answers, to an escalating number of questions. This is something I've seen and experienced firsthand many times working in the games industry. When things get heated, people get angry and start firing off questions faster than they can be answered, because while the customer has little to lose by posting angry messages in haste, the company needs to consider their words very carefully to not incite more anger or misunderstanding, as is evident with the "goodbye" comment earlier, written no doubt in haste on-the-go, misunderstood and a catalyst to more anger. Sometimes, a simple paragraph like this one can take an hour for a company to write, even if you're not giving bad news, because you have to consider so many factors and do your best to make sure that it can't be misconstrued. (Just trying to make sure that non-native English speakers don't misunderstand can be a nightmare.) I've seen innocent, well-meaning comments turn into flame wars against people.

I don't have the time or effort to get involved in a lawsuit over a prop release..

But, if you can get them to start giving REFUNDS rather than store credit, considering the amount of money these things cost....

I'll support it in what way I can.

If i had known they where doing mostly or all store credit, i'd have never bit in the first place. who'd want to take the risk?

People should be plastering this all over their facebook page too. just to help out future customers who are not so informed.

maybe that would get something going as they probably would not appreciate that much.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back