D-Projects: Battlestar Galactica TOS Blaster Build

Delmustator

Sr Member
Created a thread to follow this Battlestar Galactica TOS Colonial Warrior Blaster build.

Started with a kit from a fellow RPF member. I grabbed some reference pictures from the web.

381060_278183602216308_1630331093_n.jpg

316028_278183628882972_2132048234_n.jpg

The plan is to install a Plecter Labs Blaster Core into this blaster to produce the light and sound effects desired. A 1-watt Cree XRE LED will be used for the muzzle flash and original sound effects from the TV show. Power will be via (2) Lith-Ion 14500 batteries w/recharge port.

Here I have drilled the resin blaster and ran the internal wiring required.
305713_284667124901289_441066922_n.jpg

Note: Pending the availability of the BlasterCore from Erv. I will install a nFlex electronics package to get the build rolling. This will provide muzzle flash/pulse effects.

nflexv4_top.jpg

More to come...

Last edited:
Well I'm a little concerned about the weight of the muzzle on this prop. There is very little attaching it to the barrel and it is resin. I'm thinking that I need to run a metal tube from the main body, down the barrel and attach the muzzle assemble that way. I just don't think it would stand up to be played with without it.

The metal support is probably your best bet. I've heard that the hollow neck is a weak point anyway and I was planning on using a metal rod in there to strengthen that area anyway when I get to work on my hollow cast.

A couple of times into a holster and that thing would snap. It's just too much mass. I'm going to drill it out and insert a steel tube down the barrel into the main body for better support. I just have to make a jig to hold it correctly in my drill press.

I did the same on my blaster build. Got one of those long drill bits from Lowes and put a hole all the way to the back of the body and inserted a brass tube. Plenty strong.

The metal support is probably your best bet. I've heard that the hollow neck is a weak point anyway and I was planning on using a metal rod in there to strengthen that area anyway when I get to work on my hollow cast.
Bet on it. My rotocast blaster was done in by my 3-year-old son's butt.

You know ,I love the work in progress that you doing .....I will give you my address so you can mail it to me as soon as your finished.........lol ...JK......great work so far....will be watching with serious interest.....Guy

Anyone know what brand/type of shower knob was used for the Galactica blaster? I searched the forum but didn't come up with info on the type used.

I believe they are price fisher. I may have spelled that incorrectly. You will need 2 and they will need to be machine down to the BSG barrel size. You can't use them right out of the package. I looked and couldn't find one online yet but I know they sell them at loews.
Mark

Great find! I've put this on the back burner for now. Other projects taking priority when I'm actually home to work on it. Plus I'm waiting on a new Blaster Core.

I know you've put this on the back burner for a while, just thought I'd check in and see if you've made any progress? There's a thread in the JY that made me think about your build.

Nah, been on the road working with the Marine Corp. Semper Fi! I did get some new BlasterCores from Erv. Just been working other project (when I'm home). I'll get back to it soon. Gotta roll to D.C. and Camp Lejeune next week.

Then I'm off to Hawaii for a month, Okinawa for a month, and finally mainland Japan. Oh my job sucks.. ;-)

P.S. I think I'm gonna take up hula dancing in Hawaii.. I got the beer belly for it.. :facepalm

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back