(PIC HEAVY) Matt's Spider-Man: Homecoming Suit build! (Homemade + Stark tech)

Re: Matt's Spider-Man: Homecoming Suit build! (Homemade + Stark tech)

I almost posted a picture here of a screenshot from your IG :lol

It's the one with the holo tech stuff, is that your webshooter? Or are the cartridges that they use in the movie sometimes skewed?

I almost posted a picture here of a screenshot from your IG :lol

It's the one with the holo tech stuff, is that your webshooter? Or are the cartridges that they use in the movie sometimes skewed?

It's a still from the movie. The finalized CGI in the movie ended up having skewed cartridges, while the practical web shooters had straight cartridges. Both options will be offered anyways :)

does anyone have suggestions as to what I should put in my homemade suit lenses for the white part?

Made a few minor tweaks with the trigger (thanks to @Fett202 ) and the back of the main shooter piece, but now these are good to go for 3D printing! If all goes well, me and @TJack might do a run of these :) Again, still uncertain, but if it goes as planned they might be available in two sizes, a smaller one which will fit 15-17cm wrists, and a larger one which will fit 18-21 cm wrists.

Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 3.50.28 PM.png

Alrighty, just to keep this thread updated, here's a pic of the finished puffy painted mask part. Love how the webbing reflects light.

Without flash (the camera's color processing was terrible, but the red is fairly accurate to how it is in person)
DSC_2112~2.JPG

With a mild flash
DSC_2110.JPG

With a strong flash (Though a bit overexposed and out of focus)
DSC_2109.JPG

The lenses are just cut from the cheap half mask toy. They're great, but thick so they're more of a temporary/alternative thing. Me and @TJack are working on updating his current MCU frames with the model that I've made for him ;)

Dude, I just can't get over how amazing this is. I love how the web lines disappear at a distance. I can't wait to see the finished costume, this is gonna be incredible!

They look great! Im guessing that they're both you're designs?
If you could post a link, that would be great :D

I really hope everything fits when all is said and done and lines up properly Matt, I know you tried taping it all together, I really hope it ends up fitting great, I'd really hate to see all this hard work not paying off. Best of luck mate, it really looks astonishing so far :thumbsup

I really hope everything fits when all is said and done and lines up properly Matt, I know you tried taping it all together, I really hope it ends up fitting great, I'd really hate to see all this hard work not paying off. Best of luck mate, it really looks astonishing so far :thumbsup

Thanks! After taping it all together, I did go on and did a quick handstitch all over the torso area. Fits really nicely :) The only problem I have is with the neck. It looks good when my head's in a natural position, but the pattern seems to be short at the front of the neck so when I look far up I get a kind of bloated looking neck. I'm not sure if this is a common thing with Spidey suits (I really hope it is) since I've never bought a suit before and only use patterns that I modify. I got some pics but these were before I taped/stitched everything. It looks the same more or less. Doesn't bother me too much though.

Screen Shot 2017-10-07 at 8.17.22 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-10-07 at 8.17.30 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-10-07 at 8.17.36 PM.png

With the movie out and so many references, I'm thinking of making a V2 Homemade suit when I get back home in January. I probably won't change the socks and shoes though, since those were the only ones I could find that were close.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back