Kylo Ren Force FX Lightsaber Mod/Rebuild

Thanks man, I don't know if its the greatest but to me it is! I carefully thinned it from the back side, just be careful not to go too far.

Looks great jamestan! That new wire with the wire holders really help set it off as well.Do you sell the wire holders? I might be interested in a set of those as well soon.
Also would you mind telling me the colors / types of paint you used? Thanks

Looks great jamestan! That new wire with the wire holders really help set it off as well.Do you sell the wire holders? I might be interested in a set of those as well soon.
Also would you mind telling me the colors / types of paint you used? Thanks

I don't know about making and selling the wire holders, I made them out of a piece of solid aluminum that I had to drill and shape from scratch, which took too much work. I'll look into better ways to make those. As for paint I used metallic acrylic paint I got from target that comes in little bottles. Any metallic paint would work I think.

Got the side emitter kit from jamestan and they really look great! Put them on a couple nights ago and am now int he painting process of the rest of the saber..Thus far I got it painted black and sanded with touches of a rusty color..Pics show the first stages.I still gotta blend the rust better and do some washes to give a more realistic look...Ive never painted anything like this before,so this is sort of experimental...Any advice on color,weathering would be welcome
IMG_7003.JPGIMG_7006.JPGIMG_7005.JPGIMG_7003.JPGIMG_7006.JPG

Heres the finished result..I sanded down some of the rust color to blend it a bit more,then added some dull clear paint to dull down the shiny metal areas.The clear coated with gloss clear over the whole saber.I then added a 16 gauge red wire to replace the stock rubber wire...Last but not least,I created the fire effect on the blade..For a first time try Im pretty happy with it overall.
IMG_7078.JPGIMG_7093.JPGIMG_7091.JPGIMG_7090.JPGIMG_7094.JPGIMG_7085.JPGIMG_7084.JPGIMG_7080.JPGIMG_7079.JPGIMG_7096.JPG

That looks awesome! I'm gonna do the unstable blade silicone deal but I'm still hoping Jamestan gets some more emitters made for us poor saps... I do not like the stock design.

That looks awesome! I'm gonna do the unstable blade silicone deal but I'm still hoping Jamestan gets some more emitters made for us poor saps... I do not like the stock design.

Thanks!..Yes.Honestly I wouldnt have even bothered with modifying this saber had it not been for Jamestans emitters..Without them it wouldnt be worth it imo

Last edited:

If I have enough interest I might do another run. Is anyone else interested in a kit here?

Thanks!..Yes.Honestly I wouldnt have even bothered with modifying this saber had it not been for Jamestans emitters..Without them it wouldnt be worth it imo

Thanks man, did you put all three of them on or are you just doing your personal saber?

Heres the finished result..I sanded down some of the rust color to blend it a bit more,then added some dull clear paint to dull down the shiny metal areas.The clear coated with gloss clear over the whole saber.I then added a 16 gauge red wire to replace the stock rubber wire...Last but not least,I created the fire effect on the blade..For a first time try Im pretty happy with it overall.
View attachment 589989View attachment 589996View attachment 589995View attachment 589994View attachment 589997View attachment 589993View attachment 589992View attachment 589991View attachment 589990View attachment 589998

Those emitters look amazing! You really nailed that paint job

Those emitters look amazing! You really nailed that paint job

Thanks! First itme I ever painted anything like this,so I wasnt sure how it would come out

- - - Updated - - -

If I have enough interest I might do another run. Is anyone else interested in a kit here?

Thanks man, did you put all three of them on or are you just doing your personal saber?

So far ive only finished the one I did up just to sell..Now that its gone,Im gonna finish up my own.Already got the old emitters off.Just need to pop the new ones on and paint it up ;)
I also redid the blade on the saber above.So heres the updated pics..I added a bit more thickness to the "fire" effect at the bottom to give it that exploding from the hilt look and also spread the silicone around a bit differently.The silicone in the pics above never cured.Upon looking at the tube I found out why.It expired in the mid 2000's':D.
IMG_7126.JPGIMG_7128.JPGIMG_7132.JPGIMG_7125.JPG

Last edited:
I'm interested in some emitters, but also curious about the price.

The Price is $65 shipped, overseas shipping is a bit more though.

Thanks! First itme I ever painted anything like this,so I wasnt sure how it would come out

- - - Updated - - -

So far ive only finished the one I did up just to sell..Now that its gone,Im gonna finish up my own.Already got the old emitters off.Just need to pop the new ones on and paint it up ;)
I also redid the blade on the saber above.So heres the updated pics..I added a bit more thickness to the "fire" effect at the bottom to give it that exploding from the hilt look and also spread the silicone around a bit differently.The silicone in the pics above never cured.Upon looking at the tube I found out why.It expired in the mid 2000's':D.
View attachment 596257View attachment 596258View attachment 596259View attachment 596256

hahaha always gotta check those exp dates!

I would be very happy if you would send me the right ermitter rings for my kit and answer on E-mails.
I´ve heared nothing from you since 14 Days!:angry

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 596257View attachment 596258View attachment 596259View attachment 596256

what colors did you use to paint the blades?
I used Tamiya clear red spray paint, and it does chip off very easily.
Can you give me an advise how you prevented this?

what colors did you use to paint the blades?
I used Tamiya clear red spray paint, and it does chip off very easily.
Can you give me an advise how you prevented this?

I didnt use any paint on the blades at all.All I did was smear some DAP crystal clear silicone on the blades and let it dry.;)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back