Avengers 2 Hulkbuster

If I Scale the X and Y only on the body and legs by .89 it looks like it fits better, I'll have to raise the head some to fit with the arm pits as low as they can go
View attachment 495380View attachment 495378View attachment 495379

I've been working on a hulkbuster build from another thread and running into the same issue, fitting it on to the human body. The arm holes are too high and the helmet is too low to fit properly. Haven't gotten to the legs yet but they definitely look... problematic.

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone unfolded/made available pep files for the forearm and hand section?

The forearm is on the front page already. I believe he is still working on the hand, he hasn't posted it yet.

Hi

Great work on the hulkbuster shadeling...really love the design of this.

Regarding the sizing of the model i would like to give my input regarding the matter. As far as i am trying to make out you guys are trying to size it for the movie dimensions and trying to make the pilot stand in the suit iron monger style like in iron man 1 and as per screenshots that you guys uploaded.

First problem with that is the sheer size of the suit would never fit a human if you are trying to pilot it like they did the iron monger.

Second i do not even believe that ironman piloted veronica in that manner. I believe that his hands was never even in the arms of veronica but more in a fetal type position...allowing him to quickly change out damaged parts(as naturally would happen in a fist fight with hulk) keeping his own hands and arms out of harms way...however i am not sure about the legs...hopefully the same design technique would be applied

So lastly if one wants to make this work hulkbuster style doing the same you are doing now then check out james bruton's work on his hulkbuster XRobots.

Other than that i would suggest scaling it to your body size and do a "tiny" version of the hulkbuster should you want to cosplay this suit

Again shadeling great work on the model. Keep up the great work

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

Regarding the sizing of the model i would like to give my input regarding the matter. As far as i am trying to make out you guys are trying to size it for the movie dimensions and trying to make the pilot stand in the suit iron monger style like in iron man 1 and as per screenshots that you guys uploaded.

First problem with that is the sheer size of the suit would never fit a human if you are trying to pilot it like they did the iron monger.

Second i do not even believe that ironman piloted veronica in that manner. I believe that his hands was never even in the arms of veronica but more in a fetal type position...allowing him to quickly change out damaged parts(as naturally would happen in a fist fight with hulk) keeping his own hands and arms out of harms way...however i am not sure about the legs...hopefully the same design technique would be applied

So lastly if one wants to make this work hulkbuster style doing the same you are doing now then check out james bruton's work on his hulkbuster @XRobots.

Other than that i would suggest scaling it to your body size and do a "tiny" version of the hulkbuster should you want to cosplay this suit

Good points branewyn, and for mine personally, I have shrunk the build to be about 5 feet tall, a mini-bulkbuster if you will. :) Even so, the dimensions are difficult to work with. The turtled head type causes the chest and arm holes to be too high. As you might see in the screenshots, the head comes above where the helmet stops, and even so, the arms are below the arm holes in the chest.

I've been working on a hulkbuster build from another thread and running into the same issue, fitting it on to the human body. The arm holes are too high and the helmet is too low to fit properly. Haven't gotten to the legs yet but they definitely look... problematic.

- - - Updated - - -

The forearm is on the front page already. I believe he is still working on the hand, he hasn't posted it yet.
I can see what's one the front page. Those look like 3d printing files rather that pepakura files to me. I'm not even sure what software I need to view them decently. When I open them they look like rough 3d models.

I can see what's one the front page. Those look like 3d printing files rather that pepakura files to me. I'm not even sure what software I need to view them decently. When I open them they look like rough 3d models.

There are two options, make sure to chose the PDO link. That is the one I used, it loads up in pepakura viewer for me, I was able to scale and print them out.

hd version... my eyes in heaven...my brain goes out))) its amazing work. bravo, dude... BRAVO.

I love it too, but I didn't build it which is why I can never post the files for it :(

Hi

So lastly if one wants to make this work hulkbuster style doing the same you are doing now then check out james bruton's work on his hulkbuster @XRobots.

I love what XRobot has done, Im just trying to make it not so big and look somewhat like the original. The major hang up is the neck issue. the arms wouldn't be a big problem since it's going to be springs and wires for me mixing ideas from the robot InMoov hand (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:18939)

I restarted the boot to separated the knea for an easier unfold, then I'll finish up the hand for you guys

- - - Updated - - -

Got it, thanks! I just had to start up the viewer then open the files.

the STL files is what I export from the main file, that is how I get them into the Pep Designer program. I post them just in case someone wants to print them

I love it too, but I didn't build it which is why I can never post the files for it :(

I love what XRobot has done, Im just trying to make it not so big and look somewhat like the original. The major hang up is the neck issue. the arms wouldn't be a big problem since it's going to be springs and wires for me mixing ideas from the robot InMoov hand (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:18939)

I restarted the boot to separated the knea for an easier unfold, then I'll finish up the hand for you guys

- - - Updated - - -

the STL files is what I export from the main file, that is how I get them into the Pep Designer program. I post them just in case someone wants to print them
And it is much appreciated! My plan is to build one forearm and hand section like what we saw of that prop a few months back but articulate the fingers.

The boot is almost done, knocked out the glove and posted
HB10.png

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back