FINALLY RESOLVED - I think I've been scammed on a Nine Gates Book Replica (Flattery)

KAOSINLA

Hey everyone,

It's a shame that I have to do this, but I believe that I've been scammed by RPF member - Flattery - on a purchase of a Nine Gates to the Kingdom of Shadows book replica (Ninth Gate). I placed a deposit on the book in Jan. of 2015. Up until May of the same year, I had regular contact and even progress pics (which I now believe are suspect). May of 2015 was the last time that I received any contact from him. I've tried to email him personally and through his website (which is now down), PM'd through the board, messaged through Google+ and Facebook, and called his personal phone number leaving my most current voicemail a couple weeks ago. I don't know how much info. to reveal about him, but I just wanted to warn anyone who was considering his books or work.

Here's a link to his original thread - http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=145013

Last edited:
Re: Heads Up - I think I've been scammed on a Nine Gates Book Replica

Flattery Last active here on the rpf : Jan 29, 2015

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to provide an update to this thread detailing my experience with Hagen. And, I resurrected this thread in case anyone stumbled upon it and wasn't aware that there was a resolution.

All of the most current info and resolution can be found in this thread:

Hagen did, in fact, refund $238.00 to my PP account today 10/30/22.

This was his message to me:

"To where should I send your money from long ago?

I'll spare you a long drawn out thing. I was assured when I did my taxes and account reconciliation that year that everything was taken care of, but clearly not. I can PayPal you right now or send a check from Edward Jones. I also am very apologetic. Let's get this straightened out soon as we can and put this old problem to rest."

I responded:

"I just logged in a few moments to read all of these new notifications/messages. And, I checked Paypal and did see a repayment of $238.00. With the receipt of this Paypal refund, I consider this debt to me resolved.

While I'm glad that fiduciary responsibilities of this transaction have been resolved, I can't say in good faith that the ramifications of this experience aren't still lasting and didn't leave a bad taste. Despite the 7 1/2 years that have passed, I can appreciate that you did take responsibility to make this as "right" as possible.

Finally, and since this is in interest of the members of this forum (including the owner), I wish to post your PM openly on the thread in which this issue arose."

It is now up to Hagen to expand any further if he so wishes. I'm glad that this is over and thankful to the owner and members of this forum for providing a platform to facilitate this closure.

Last edited:
Forgive the copy and paste from the other thread - it's just convenient.

I'm glad you posted this, James - thank you.

Any expansion on my part is probably uninteresting and mostly irrelevant. Out of the many copies I made and sold, yours was the only odd one out and became a 7.5 year oversight due to ... well shall we say life falling apart in the worst possible ways.

Something, I'll call it a whim, made me log in here the other day and a lot of things started coming back. As soon as this issue was raised here again I knew I had to act on it immediately.

As I said in my PM, I know this is really nothing in terms of remuneration, but I for one feel very good that it is finally settled in some way.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back