Better Call Saul

.:MirrorminD:.

Sr Member
So is anyone watching it yet? They've aired two episodes so far and I've liked them both. The first 10 minutes of the first episode was pretty cool.

Overall was very impressed.

Felt the desert scene wtih Tuco felt a bit contrived; he was too easily manipulated. I understand, it's a younger Tuco, but he just looked kind of dopey there for a couple minutes (yes, he IS kind of dopey) as he went from cutting their eyes out, cutting off their legs. It was sort of funny, but not sure it was necessary?

Also hope the skaters are not returning characters. Totally appreciate the BB nods, but these guys felt very similar to Badger and Skinny Pete.

Love the camera angles and colors, and where the story is heading with Tuco's boy hooking Jimmy in for further connections.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this develops with the early nods to BB. The great thing is it doesn't feel forced, we're getting a natural story about these characters. At least from my perspective. I'll be interested to see what they do with Tuco's buddy Nacho, as we obviously never saw him in BB. And you see early on with a nod to BB that No-Doze has always had a problem keeping his mouth shut.

Really liking the show so far, myself, but if there is one draw back to the episodes so far is some of the dialogue for the "criminals" shows how out of touch the writing can be; a nasty trait carried over from early Breaking Bad. I never liked Tuco from the beginning, he always came off as nothing but a cartoon-ish caricature, and I get that this takes place in 2001, but even then, no one used the term "biz-natch" and meant it anything other than a joke.

Still, when this show shines; it shines. I'll be tuning in next week, for sure.

Saw both episodes. And to be honestly, there's something off about it. I can't put my finger on it. Has anyone else felt there was something off about the show?

I thought both the shows were excellent. They are really giving you a feel for where Saul/Jimmy came from; the roots of his connections are slowly evolving and I would imagine it will take the whole series (or close) to get to the place where we meet him in Breaking Bad. The show is complex and entertaining and already has some great character development. I just love Saul's personality. Who can't love and relate to a guy like him. Also great to see Mike and Tuco again. Can’t wait to watch more!
Thumbs up for me!:thumbsup

Glad to see Tuco back, just wish the writers had found a more clever way to reintroduce him. In all of Albuquerque, Saul's cronies happen to jump on his Abuelita's car? Just a little cheesy/lazy.

Glad to see Tuco back, just wish the writers had found a more clever way to reintroduce him. In all of Albuquerque, Saul's cronies happen to jump on his Abuelita's car? Just a little cheesy/lazy.

Stranger, and equally improbable, things have happened in real life.

Stranger, and equally improbable, things have happened in real life.
Yeah, I'm really enjoying BCS so far but that part just took me out of the show for a moment thinking about how improbable that was. I mean, Saul's a public defender, that should provide many believable opportunities to meet Tuco.

I'm still watching BB on disc (just about to finish season 3), so have been recording BCS to avoid possible spoilers. One question: does BCS take place before or after BB?

Well we could argue that it takes place after, during, and before. The first ten minutes of episode one are after BB. Then it jumps back to 2001.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back