1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Hey LtW,

It literally JUST started within the last few hours. The links are everywhere! I'm worried that the site has been compromised?

Admins?

Haven't noticed anything, though I haven't looked much either. Hopefully you don't have a virus.

btw... The head cowl looks amazing!!!!

Hey LtW,

It literally JUST started within the last few hours. The links are everywhere! I'm worried that the site has been compromised?

Admins?

I went back to some pages and saw them. Is it only on the older pages? I still think it's probably intentional to make ad revenue. I've been to sites to that do this, and it is definitely annoying.

Sofa, why don't you just find some hardware equivalent and replace the crappy 3D rivets? Not worth the time and trouble to mess with those areas, imo.

Sofa, why don't you just find some hardware equivalent and replace the crappy 3D rivets? Not worth the time and trouble to mess with those areas, imo.

Hey S,

That was the original plan but we were working with an older 3D model and mod'ing the existing file proved to be WAY too difficult! I think Izzy is planning to redesign the head piece with holes in place of the 3D rivets. The holes will allow us to simply adhere real rivets in place - that will look really cool!

- - - Updated - - -

Fantastic update Sofa!! Love the pads, whether around the door or around the corridor entrance! :cool

Thank you, my friend! Just a few more to go and another item checked off the list!

Loving your dedication to this 'most Important' (at least for the look of the cockpit) part! :love

Roughneckone:cool

Thanks, R! To me, the head piece is the MOST iconic part of the cockpit so I HAVE to get these correct. :)

- - - Updated - - -

btw... The head cowl looks amazing!!!!

Thanks, T! I should have paint and weathering by the end of the weekend. Fingers crossed of course

I think Izzy is planning to redesign the head piece with holes in place of the 3D rivets. The holes will allow us to simply adhere real rivets in place - that will look really cool

In the mean time, would it be an idea to drill holes through the middle of the rivet heads and then simply sand the rivets off the next time you have the sander out? That way you'll have the holes to put the rivets (I presume they were originally ordinary aluminium pop-rivets?), and can sand and smoothen out the piece without having to sand around each rivet.

Hi Gang,

I have been plugging away working 16+ hours a day trying to get ready for this weekend's Escape Velocity SciFi Con in Wash DC! I am both excited and exhausted but Jake and I have made some serious forward progress! We even had a visitor named Mike pop in and help out!

Here are a few teaser images before the show!

IMG_20180519_152716_zps2ut7xim0.jpg

IMG_20180520_185415_zpshp1wtctx.jpg

IMG_20180520_200725_zpsod7h269r.jpg

IMG_20180521_110631_zpsvbn8rx6i.jpg

IMG_20180521_130331_zpsepw4zf6v.jpg

IMG_20180521_151003_zpswrkjqvio.jpg

TONS of images on the way AFTER the Convention.

Stay Tuned! LOTS of big news coming within the next few weeks! :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back