Infamous invibile line in Pepakura... anyone find a solution yet? Help...

takaaaa

Greetings,
So I once again got the problem where pepakura will only print the edge ID numbers and no lines. My printer settings in pepakura are correct with smoothly, transparency, line weight, etc all correct. In fact same file that I printed fine on one printer; left the program open and tried printing on another printer and no lines.
The only different variable is the printer. But it must be some kind of communication problem that may vary from printer to printer but I dont know what to even check to begin trying to figure out how to fix it. This is a brand new printer I bought this week because having to borrow a printer is not ideal. printed on the borrowed printer but not my new printer.

I know many many people have been having this problem since pepakura 2 but all the threads go dead with no real solution besides use a different printer.
Im wondering if it goes by printer model? if I return my printer and exchange for the same model, would it still not work? would I need a different model? My borrowed printer is a HP inject printer also, just different model.

Trying to narrow down the cause and find a definitive solution, any help would be appreciated

Hmmm, I've fortunately never experienced this, but have always used the Vector print option with a line weight of 3. I use grey scale in my printer options, which is an old Epson NX130. Not sure if this helps, but for what it's worth.

I have never experienced this either, but it really does sound like your printer is the issue.

Get a new one, then take the old one out back and shoot it.

record it and post it lol

Hmmm, I've fortunately never experienced this, but have always used the Vector print option with a line weight of 3. I use grey scale in my printer options, which is an old Epson NX130. Not sure if this helps, but for what it's worth.

I was able to get a reply from Tamasoft and yeah they confirmed that some printer drivers may cause problems with pepakura so it may not be surprising for certain printers to experience problems. I was able to install a different printer's driver on my HP printer and sure enough it prints fine. So if anyone has this problem then try find a different drive thats compatible with your printer and that should work.

I had the same problem, but I solved with some little modifications of the file like move a bit, then save, exit the program, go back to the program and try printing: it always worked.

Hi Takaaaa,

check the following feature in Pepakura settings: "switch cutlines on/ off" (in the same section for printer settings)
I've seen this before in the Colonial Viper helmet file that I downloaded: cutlines were gone while texture was on.
Give it a try.If that doesn't solve the problem,then it's most likely your printer.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back