Show your custom Lightsabers!

Anyone know what kind of flash unit this is?
IMG_2218.JPGIMG_2219.JPGIMG_2220.JPGIMG_2221.JPG

Hmm!

The clamp looks like a King Sol, but the top looks like a stripped down De Mornay-Budd.
It could be some jury-rigged flash or a model I'm not aware of.

Hmm!

The clamp looks like a King Sol, but the top looks like a stripped down De Mornay-Budd.
It could be some jury-rigged flash or a model I'm not aware of.

Yeah you might be right. The clamp seems pretty flush with the flash and looks like it belongs there but I need to remove it and take another look. Thanks!

Saber of the (last) week!

You may recall awhile back I made a Vader saber with an inverted color scheme. I did that cause I had one of Roy's unpainted shrouds, and knowing I'd likely never get my hands on an MPP, I figured I wasn't going to be screen accurate with the synchronar I had, so why not do something different?

But two things have happened since then...

1. Roy's unpainted shrouds have become coveted.
2. An MPP 2.0 is now happening

I figured that when my MPP 2.0 arrives it will most likely have minor inaccuracies, much like the Graflex 2.0. So maybe I'm better off using Roy's shroud on the 2.0, along with some of the Parks MPP parts I have.

So I stripped down that inverted Vader saber and rebuilt it into something new using parts I had in my "I'll never use these" box. It has a similar vibe to the one I posted a few pages back-- the whole post ROTJ Vader touring/promo saber vibe.
Scrap1.jpg
Scrap2.jpg
Scrap3.jpg
Scrap4.jpg
Scrap5.jpg

Hi, im a bit late to this thread -ive been watching it for a long time though!- but ive finally got round to making a new saber, it took around a day and is based on the old republic lightsaber designs, ive tried to make it look as though its been buried under dirt and rubble for years and someones finally found it and roughly restored it. The bottom half is just made of some stainless steel pipe with a cap epoxied on while the tope half was turned out of some pinewood on my lathe, the crystal emmiter was made out of mdf and painted with ultra gloss blue spray paint as is the switch box, the greeblies are just some wires and LEDs while the grips are just made of some leather and scrap fabric i had lying around. The whole thing was then weathered extensivly and sprayed with some gloss clearcoat.

FullSizeRender (14).jpgFullSizeRender (15).jpgFullSizeRender (16).jpg

Long time lurker here. Now, these are not nearly as impressive as everybody else in this thread's efforts, but I have a reason for sharing now that I will get to in a moment.

These lightsabers are, from left to right, my first three attempts at creating my lightsaber (beyond cardboard toilet roll tubes with drawn on buttons, but I'm choosing not to count those).

15045415_1335684089796145_1113828171_o.jpg15060347_1335684056462815_266385382_o.jpg15064178_1335684103129477_1508531973_o.jpg

The one on the left is a PVC pipe with a cardboard shroud and pommel covered in aluminium tape, hit with matte black spray paint and weathered back with steel wool, the only other hardware it uses are a few screws from my old, broken typewriter, and the emitter, which I'm fairly sure I ripped out of an old electric razor. I'm okay with this one for a first try.

The one in the centre is my foray into my Dad's box of random plumbing bits... Yeah, I don't like to talk about that one. The emitter is nice, but the rest just pains me to look at.

The one on the right began it's life as a silver plated marriage certificate holder (a first for this thread, if I'm not mistaken) that my Dad and I stripped back and did some light machining on his lathe, added a button too, weighted with two pence pieces, and created an emitter from a short piece of copper pipe jammed into the end with a plastic spacer. This final one I like aside from a few things. It's still too clean, it doesn't feel like any of the original lightsabers to me. It's more akin to the prequels, it's got a much smaller diameter and it's way too ornamental and doesn't feel like a tool.

Thankfully, my next project is already leagues ahead of these three, for we managed to snag this on Ebay today.

s-l400.jpg

I'm excited, not gonna lie.

Here's a custom Sith inspired saber I made, mostly from parts at The Custom Saber Shop, but I added several details, and cut a few grooves with my little lathe. The blade plug is from an old CD-ROM drive!

I've had the parts for the hilt since somewhere around 2009, I think. It's been through several setups. Used to have an old Ultrasound board in there, I've since upgraded most everything, still using a Seoul P4 Red LED, but I've added a resistor and a Nano Biscotte V3 for the sound, along with a 2W bass speaker.

IMG_20161112_161855.jpgIMG_20161112_161918.jpgIMG_20161112_161948.jpgIMG_20161112_162016.jpgIMG_20161112_162125.jpgIMG_20161112_162458.jpgIMG_20161112_162610.jpg

Here's a link to the photo album: https://goo.gl/photos/bsxoVg5P6U5UKU5K7

I've actually tweaked the paint and finish just a little more, I will post photos later, but it seems like things like this are never truly finished, especially when you're trying to sell them, and you believe that one more touch will make it irresistible, so someone just HAS to buy it!!

Last edited:
Saber of (the other) week!

Few weeks back I made a saber that used all the design cues from the OT and mix them up! I've been looking for other ways to recombine the classic parts from the OT sabers, and landed with this one...

The body is a D-cell minicam, which is one of my favs to work over. I gave away my first one, so I snagged another and again made use of the grips designed for it by @AnubisGuard
Emitter is some weirdo eBay score of somebody trying to get all Luke-RITJ with metal parts. Roman repro clamp and some greeblies.

retro1.jpg
retro2.jpg
retro3.jpg
retro4.jpg

Saber of (the other) week!

Few weeks back I made a saber that used all the design cues from the OT and mix them up! I've been looking for other ways to recombine the classic parts from the OT sabers, and landed with this one...

The body is a D-cell minicam, which is one of my favs to work over. I gave away my first one, so I snagged another and again made use of the grips designed for it by @AnubisGuard
Emitter is some weirdo eBay score of somebody trying to get all Luke-RITJ with metal parts. Roman repro clamp and some greeblies.

http://sethmsherwood.com/pretty/retro1.jpghttp://sethmsherwood.com/pretty/retro2.jpghttp://sethmsherwood.com/pretty/retro3.jpghttp://sethmsherwood.com/pretty/retro4.jpg
Nice! I've got an old custom from around fifteen years ago that I used a Minicam flash with.

They really do make great custom sabers!

I don't think your emitter should be all black. But I absolutely love what you did with the grips!

Last edited:
I don't quite agree with the kobold clip, at least, not the huge dial in it. It just kinda removes the functionality of it; how does anyone where it?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back