New EFX star wars exclusive for Celebration Orlando

wow! a new paint job and more then double for price?

iirc I got my MRCE all those years ago for $99...........

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe they're going the Hot Toys route and will give us some sweet china porcelain in time for Christmas...

actually, Hot Toys did indeed made a gold stormtrooper figure as Shanghai Dsiney's exclusive (and couple of Iron Man as well)

The chrome is dumb, but I'm more astounded at the price. I got one of these when MR was producing them and I think is was like $75 shipped or something. I know that was almost ten years ago and material costs go up but this is ridiculous. Blatant ripoff. If this was a nice fiberglass helmet or something it would be a different story.
But it's limited edition! That justifies jacking up the price to some.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

They should just cover it with IOU stickers. Forget the chrome!! Although, maybe it'll ship within a few decades if we're lucky.

One could just get a way cheaper kit and chrome it themselves.
And as others said, you'd actually have it in your hands instead of waiting a few millennia.

Just saved myself some money at Celebration. I think eFX is giving us a straight face hoping we don't laugh in it.

Anovos should be revealing their exclusive after this next week. It could only be better.

The sad thing at Celebration is that EFX will show us once again all those cool props and models which they showed us before - and not much else going on

I just don't get these LTD. Edition helmets....Black, Chrome etc......i mean...they weren't in the films, so why bother?

Especially at that price......

Rich
It's way cheaper to just paint an existing product differently than to produce a completely new product.

Some will buy them simply because they are limited edition.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
So....anyone buying one?
Not me. A chrome stormtrooper doesn't interest me unless we see one in the films.

The Anovos Wondercon exclusive looks better, but again it isn't something we see on screen. Maybe it is from a game or EU.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

You know, I just saw they announced the exclusive Celebration pins, with the Snowtrooper being at the EFX booth. Being a die-hard snowtrooper kinda guy this is the one thing I'll be going to their booth for

On their website, there are new QC photos of chrome helmets

if anyone is going to celebration, can you ask when biker scout is coming out?

Maybe the price and the edition size lead to a precise figure that equates to them not going bankrupt? :)

Come on, The Pawn, you threatened to go after eFX for months if they were doing anything illegal, yet when I provided the exact laws they have broken, you've disappeared? We need this class-action to put an end to this utter ridiculousness.

It says pre-order is sold out on their website so it sounds like people will go buy anything with a limited edition :facepalm

It says pre-order is sold out on their website so it sounds like people will go buy anything with a limited edition :facepalm

I'm always surprised people would rather have something be a super limited edition vice readily available for collectors.

I'm always surprised people would rather have something be a super limited edition vice readily available for collectors.

Let me answer with a quote of Mr. Einstein, who has prooven not to be the dumbest person:

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”[/h]

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back