Jumanji board game replica - new

ash123uk

Hi guys so I am back from my hiatus and i am starting a new jumanji board.

Please give me feedback what you think so far. Very early stages.

i had a go at making the rhino too, again, very early days.

IMG_9506.JPGIMG_9508.JPGIMG_9561.JPGIMG_9562.JPG

Last edited:
Hey Jumanji Fan.

Do you mean the detailing all the way around? - chisel these out.

or just the cut outs on the two lids? - If so just going to jigsaw them out.

Today I started to carve out the intricate detailing around the edges of the board. Was a little difficult to fathem out the depth, but I think it has started out nicely.

I am pleased with how it is looking so far, I like the hand crafted look that it is achieving that a lot of cnc versions don't achieve.

IMG_9614.JPGIMG_9615.JPG.jpeg

Today I started to carve out the intricate detailing around the edges of the board. Was a little difficult to fathem out the depth, but I think it has started out nicely.

I am pleased with how it is looking so far, I like the hand crafted look that it is achieving that a lot of cnc versions don't achieve.

View attachment 450247View attachment 450248

This is all looking awesome I love it! Do you have a facebook page to follow? :)

I want to warn you before you go spending your money. I uploaded a very crap version of the dome to shapeways, claiming it fits the ring that is also there, but it sadly does not, so don't buy mine, find a better way of creating the dome.

thanks for the heads up JumanjiFan112

I actually want to go down the glass route rather than resin. but i will see when i get to that part.

All i have in my head right now is how much detailing i have to get through for the edges........ ARGHHHHHHHH :)

Last edited by a moderator:
In the sense that you can "Roll the dice and move your own token"

but its not magic

More of, are there actual rules to the game? I have not seen Jumanji in a long time. Could you sit down with some people and play the game as if it was a normal board game.

it would be a little boring as none of the magical elements of the game would appear. you could play the game and just use it as a race game.

By this i don't mean of ethnic race!

x

What you would do to play the game is to buy the actual board game ($15 on eBay) but use the Reproduction board instead of the cardboard playing field that comes with the board game. The game on eBay has special cards and dice that are different from the Movie, but make the game more interesting to actually play.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back