My New Greedo Mask

LabApe

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Last summer I contacted Oneail Fx to inquire about making me a custom Silicone Greedo mask. Jeremy was excited about the prospect, saying it was something he had wanted to tackle for a long time, and of i was willing to pre-order one, he would put them into his production lineup and waive the custom sculpting fees.
Here is his video of the OUTSTANDING result of my year long wait... I doubt I could be any happier with the results! I mean, check out the mouth articulation! I didn't even expect that, it was a bonus! (BTW if anyone is interested he says going to be taking orders for these starting next weekend on the Oneail FX website.) (And no, I don't get anything for endorsing this mask, I'm just SUPER excited about it. )

https://youtu.be/et_ViMexboU

greedo.PNG

greedo.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Oneail FX, they do brilliant work. Greedo came out fantastic, i saw Jeremy put it up on his facebook. In the past i had them sculpt my Hellboy and X-Files Alien masks, and he always crushes it.

Congrats on a great mask.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahaha, oh man that's freakin' great! I love the articulation! Very cool.

I feel like it's missing something in the paint job, I can't quite put my finger on it. Something to take it one more step to perfect. It feels so close.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

The articulation is great! Looks so awesome! I agree with @Dann though, it needs something more in the color, maybe a bit more variation. If you take a close look at greedo it looks like he has some yellow here and there and a slightly darker shade of green. I don't know, it sorta depends on the angle and lighting.
IMG_2871.PNG IMG_2872.PNG IMG_2873.PNG

Is it actually painted, or is it just molded in color? Even just a wash of brown paint would give it a little more depth. It's an excellent sculpt though.

Is it actually painted, or is it just molded in color? Even just a wash of brown paint would give it a little more depth. It's an excellent sculpt though.
I agree, a couple washes would do a lot, imo. And yeah, it does look like it's green silicone, at least to me. Pretty cool.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

We all agree, it is a great mask but it does need a paint job. I would do a dark green lightly applied overall to bring the brightness a little bit down, then a darker wash in the creases to make the details pop a little. Finally id add the lime highlights to some of the pimple heads and the forehead middle row.

Also , idk but i think the eyes are metallic blue. perhaps adding some silver mesh inside?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back