Solo: A Star Wars Story

Kathleen Kennedy and the current directors made every effort possible to insult the fans and destroy the previous lore and characters we grew up with. And then to insult the fans who disagree with their product?

No matter what the Tomatometer reads...this film is boring, and would get less than half of what it has already made if it did not have the name "Star Wars" attached to the title.
If you go in determined to hate something you'll always find the perfect excuse to blame and justify the hatred no matter what kind of movie they made.

What I can't fathom is that a lot of people on Reddit are LOVING all the callbacks and forward references. Eventually we'll be able to patch together all the dialogue from one movie and write the script for the next one.

Can't wait for Solo 2 to show us where the training probe came from, Han building the smuggling compartments, dumping Jabba's shipment, maybe throw in a couple trash compactor jokes for good measure.

If theres a Solo 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it though?

They seem different; one is a reaction prior to seeing the film, the other is reaction based on the film.

Am I missing something?

Its the same thing.
The “want to see” meter changes to “audience score” when the film is released.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Is it though?

They seem different; one is a reaction prior to seeing the film, the other is reaction based on the film.

Am I missing something?

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Maybe its just replaced with “audience score”

Either way the “want to see” meter went from mid 50% down to 36% on release day.
Thats an awful lot of down votes

BTW someone asked earlier if Colin Cantwell’s Star Destroyer made it into the film.
I heard on Cantwells FB page that it was cut but its actually in the movie

Saw the film and thought it was great!

Its a shame that the boycott has targeted a film that actually delivered what fans wanted.
Looks like there may not be a sequel to that setup at the end of the film.
They should have just waited for EPIX for their boycott.

:/

The idea that there was some kind of boycott movement is a false one. There is only one channel on You Tube that advocated for an official boycott and it is one of the small ones.

It is just a case of a huge number of people around the world that were either not at all interested in seeing this movie or were sick of being unfairly marginalised for not being happy with the direction Star Wars is being taken or the quality of its last installment or all of the above and came to the simple conclusion not to contribute one cent to the capitalist enterprise that produces them. Money talks to such an enterprise. A reaction that would come naturally rather than inspired by others I would think.

This is not something that is directed strictly at Solo but at everything going forward until real change is brought about, Solo was just unlucky enough to be put on the target board by Disney first.

Last edited:
The idea that there was some kind of boycott movement is a false one. There is only one channel on You Tube that advocated for an official boycott and it is one of the small ones.

It is just a case of a huge number of people around the world that were either not at all interested in seeing this movie or were sick of being unfairly marginalised for not being happy with the direction Star Wars is being taken or the quality of its last installment or all of the above and came to the simple conclusion not to contribute one cent to the capitalist enterprise that produces them. Money talks to such an enterprise. A reaction that would come naturally rather than inspired by others I would think.

This is not something that is directed strictly at Solo but at everything going forward until real change is brought about, Solo was just unlucky enough to be put on the target board by Disney first.

Actually the idea is not false as proven by the fact that there are indeed youtube channels calling for a boycott.

If they wanted Lando to be aroused by droids then a Lara Croft kind of droid would have been cool, in the style of French sci-fi comics from the 70s, but using a Commodore robot is just ridiculous.

Made me think of Chalmers from Spacehunter.

740full-andrea-marcovicci.jpg

They made a film about some characters whose main appeal was their original actors (and the new ones don't sell any tickets). They released it pretty quickly after the last SW movie which pissed off a lot of people. The biggest press coverage about the movie was about them firing directors, re-shooting most of the movie, and seeking acting help for their star.

The question is not why it under-performed. It's why on earth Disney ever expected it to perform so well.

Last edited:
Actually the idea is not false as proven by the fact that there are indeed youtube channels calling for a boycott.

Can you please tell me which channels are doing that.

Apart from one, the rest with large numbers are saying its up to people if they want to see it or not. Some are saying they wont see it but are in no way encouraging others to do the same. Channels with a very small viewer base can hardly be responsible for igniting a world scale boycott.

Ya wanna really cringe, Rob?? Imagine Harrison Ford speaking shyriiwook to Chewie--either as his cool, badass young self in the first couple films, or as the doddering old man in TFA. We would've thrown up in our popcorn.

I think it is permanent damage. Because it never happens again, and there were many times when it would have, if Han could indeed speak shyriiwook. Thank God this is the first time we've heard it. But to show it at all is inexcusable.

The Wook

And it wasn't even all that good. You do it much better.

It's not just YouTube. Pretty silly - and even disgusting at the some of the reasoning and misguided logic being pushed around for this Star Wars boycott. Yes, the boycott is real and while I'm not sure it has a lot to do with the less-than-stellar box office, it is most definitely affecting RT scores.

I haven't seen any calls to boycott. I just have no inteterest since TLJ.
I don't care to see it, and I know a few others the same. We aren't even talking about it, thats what is killing it at the box office.
If people were coming on here full of how great it was then my intetest could be pricked. But all the talk says "adequate" or "not bad". So pass for me.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back