Solo:ASWS DL-44 Discussion

>Well they definitely added a new side plate like they did for TFA in order to mimic the appearance of a c96. So this might be what you're seeing.

Sure they did.

>The Maushin and WE-tech blasters looks really close overall. The receiver section is almost a 1:1 copy

I think there are differences.

View attachment 813978

cheers,

Dirk
Just so me keep everthing straight. The second Mauser from the top down is not a WE-Tech. Its a KWC

Thanks for the interesting posts fella's, I'm always amazed at how you work the details with the same diligence as a CSI investigator

Out of the millions of people who see these movies even the ones who consider themselves fans, I'd venture a small percentage notice these things. And out of them, only a very few of them actually care.

I have to agree with your point Mara Jade's Father regarding people and the details. I have worked for Lucasfilm for over a quarter of a century and from experience I know that most fans do not micro-analize the details and the vast majority of them wouldn't notice if the blaster was different in these small details.

On this forum though its fair to say that a lot of folk WOULD care but even here, tiny details are often overlooked by members and although I am pretty fussy about my props, its safe to say that often I fall into that category as well..

Cheers,
MARK

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the interesting posts fella's, I'm always amazed at how you work the details with the same diligence as a CSI investigator

I have to agree with your point @Mara Jade's Father regarding people and the details. I have worked for Lucasfilm for over a quarter of a century and from experience I know that most fans do not micro-analize the details and the vast majority of them wouldn't notice if the blaster was different in these small details.

On this forum though its fair to say that a lot of folk WOULD care but even here, tiny details are often overlooked by members and although I am pretty fussy about my props, its safe to say that often I fall into that category as well..

Cheers,
MARK

Agreed. My point is that as members of this group that find this sort of thing interesting and conversational, we need to remember that we are a small fraction of the fandom and even smaller of the overall viewing audience. So let's not get all hot under the collar if they make a certain choice in how they build their props for their production.

I have to agree with your point @Mara Jade's Father regarding people and the details. I have worked for Lucasfilm for over a quarter of a century and from experience I know that most fans do not micro-analize the details and the vast majority of them wouldn't notice if the blaster was different in these small details.

Cheers,
MARK

What did you do at lucasfilm?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is some hi res reference for everyone thanks to a Reddit user...

Thanks for that! I think that very well may be the screen used one. You can see how the scope knob groove is just a cut, it looks like the shiny Mystery Disk is a thin layer of material attached to the side knob and you can see what appears to be the edge of the selector switch cover plate. Mara Jade's Father is right. This will be a fairly easy prop to duplicate with a high level of screen accuracy...

Thanks for the this photo. At least in this photo, it looks like the AW custom was used and not the Marishin based on the bottom of the magazine. The solo poster blaster has two holes on the mag bottom which matches the AW Custom (see the third photo). However the Marushin has only the large hole (see the first photo). The thick focusing knob on the scope also matches the AW custom, but has been modified for the engraved black line. Funny enough this was the same mod that was suggested in theRPF thread last year.

IMG_6877.JPGIMG_6875.JPGIMG_6874.JPG

Here is some hi res reference for everyone thanks to a Reddit user

View attachment 814186

I know theres talk that this one might not be the screen used, but figured I'd post it anyways!

Last edited:
So I am convinced that the promo blaster, and the Hero are two different blasters. The two things that stand out the most to me are the grips and the mystery disc. There is a shot in the trailer of Woody throwing Han the blaster where the mystery disc can clearly be seen, but is raised, almost like a washer. Then there are the grips. The promo shots all have the wide grooved grips like the TFA blaster, but there is the holster unsnapping beach shot that clearly shows the more slim grooves on the grips. So I think we're looking for two different blasters. I'm 85% sure they grabbed the TFA blaster (the one tweeted by Ron Howard) for the promo shots, and a different gun altogether for the hero.

kramstaar, that really is beautiful work.

On a separate note, maybe the blaster was CGI'd a la TLJ, and Alden is actually using his finger gun and yelling pew pew.
IMG_7035.JPG

Or the Lego brothers wanted to confuse everyone and the actual blaster in the movie will be this one:
IMG_7036.JPG

I’m agree with SethS, I won’t go by any posters or promo pictures until the film comes out

Way too much touch up is being done in all these photos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like everyone is trying to get in on the Solo DL-44 action with their own version of the iconic blaster. The NY Times included the following photo and caption with their article on North Korea. However, North Korea's version has batteries in the grip and a speaker in the bolt. The grips are already black and ready for some ROTJ action. It's just missing the hammer lock, and has a clear aqua magazine. Who needs blaster core when you can buy this fully-equipped baby?

"North Korean souvenirs for sale along the Yalu River in Liaoning Province, China."

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/08/opinion/china-korea-america-kim.html

North Korea's DL-44.jpg

North Korea's DL-44.jpg

It looks like everyone is trying to get in on the Solo DL-44 action with their own version of the iconic blaster. The NY Times included the following photo and caption with their article on North Korea. However, North Korea's version has batteries in the grip and a speaker in the bolt. The grips are already black and ready for some ROTJ action. It's just missing the hammer lock, and has a clear aqua magazine. Who needs blaster core when you can buy this fully-equipped baby?

"North Korean souvenirs for sale along the Yalu River in Liaoning Province, China."

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/08/opinion/china-korea-america-kim.html

View attachment 815964

That plastic Mauser has been around for a while actually. I built TFA blaster on one with my old designs about a year and a half ago. I even designed a heat sink grille tapered specifically for this Mauser back then as well..
035576fec029ac07a7d372783dc9f588.jpg

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2empW7Ydrjo

035576fec029ac07a7d372783dc9f588.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back