Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

I'm curious about this cabin wall decal. Is the decal really thick enough to prevent light bleed?

I suspect that I would rather have a solid photoetched wall or a shapeways wall with holes in it

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I'm curious about this cabin wall decal. Is the decal really thick enough to prevent light bleed?

It is not the decal which blocks the light. There is a layer of opaque plastic in between. In other words, you will need to drill micro holes to this opaque plastic (and insert fiber) if you want dotty lights. Plus, you could paint the transparent layer, on both sides, before applying the decal. As the panels are engraved, doing away with the decal should be optimal anyway.

I'm looking for a higher res version of the Allied Vans/Ejection seat decal on the Falcon cockpit.

Made this in photoshop. Found a high res version of the Allied Vans logo online, then I found a high res version of the ejection seat design, but it had watermarks on it so I had to recreate it. I think this would be accurate enough for your purposes, though
Modified Decal.png

Whatever Bandai did here didn't work
Bandai Lights.jpg

I suppose this kit is expensive, but after opening the box and seeing it in my own eyes, I felt the price was actually quite aggressive.
I think this kit is not a product designed to maximize profit, but a kind of probe for a potential market.
This may sound like an overstatement, but I even feel this kit is irrational.
I think those who are waiting for theirs to arrive shall understand what I mean when they start building this kit for themselves.

I suppose this kit is expensive, but after opening the box and seeing it in my own eyes, I felt the price was actually quite aggressive.
I think this kit is not a product designed to maximize profit, but a kind of probe for a potential market.
I think those who are waiting for theirs to arrive shall understand what I mean when they start building this kit for themselves.

Not sure what you mean by "quite aggressive" and "irrational." Are you saying the kit isn't worth the high price or the kit is even better than the price suggests?

Do you have a spot of Buyers Remorse lol? I think it most likely has about $5 of materials but bandai have a product no one else has so charging what they want is there power.

Im sure i will have several moments of "Why didnt i spend the cash on 20 smaller model kits" but if you want something thats in short supply and high demand,you will be getting bent over a barrel to have it :)

I initially thought i would pass on this kit,then wait for a price drop or kit variant,but i got swept up in the whole thing and now im at the point of no return. I have Ant in my pants waiting lol.

What ILM are doing now with the Falcon is very respectful to the OT,...we are very lucky that they haven't totally gone the wrong direction with The Falcon,.....the only head scratcher that got me was the rotating turrets & upside down quad guns.J

I was kinda joking, J, but now that you mention it, those changes and continuity errors are actually worse to me that any mystery lights that pop up.

Not sure what you mean by "quite aggressive" and "irrational." Are you saying the kit isn't worth the high price or the kit is even better than the price suggests?
The latter.
I think it would be difficult for another company to produce and sell this kit at the same price.

Do you have a spot of Buyers Remorse lol? I think it most likely has about $5 of materials but bandai have a product no one else has so charging what they want is there power.

Im sure i will have several moments of "Why didnt i spend the cash on 20 smaller model kits" but if you want something thats in short supply and high demand,you will be getting bent over a barrel to have it :)

I initially thought i would pass on this kit,then wait for a price drop or kit variant,but i got swept up in the whole thing and now im at the point of no return. I have Ant in my pants waiting lol.

I have made myself misunderstood. I think you will feel no remorse for this kit.

Patiently waiting for mine to arrive thru Gundam USA.

I know the kit is expensive. It's also probably the best MF on rhe market. I'm often willing to pay a premium for the best.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I saw that the Gundam store has it for $375 plus you can get an extra 10% with the Labor Day code. They may be doing their 10% off if you create an account with them. Best price I've seen on it.

It is already a "plastic model of a plastic model" a plastic model

:lol

YjG0Raj.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back