Voice changer

So they've asked me to try to rewire it. Apparently 2 of the wires were soldered backwards causing the "headphone" issue. I'll let you guys know if it works. Apparently I just had the luck to get the messed up one... Lol

If it doesn't work I'll be swapping out to a throat mic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So they've asked me to try to rewire it. Apparently 2 of the wires were soldered backwards causing the "headphone" issue. I'll let you guys know if it works. Apparently I just had the luck to get the messed up one... Lol

If it doesn't work I'll be swapping out to a throat mic.

Dude so I don't know whats going on but the l9 cable is making all kinds of weird noises. The splitter worked way better in my opinion. It might be that I didn't turn down or up as you were saying the background gain. I cant seem to locate that setting though. Then again I only have the 4.99 version. I might upgrade to the 14.99 but I was trying to avoid that if possible. I might just end up sticking with what worked for me which was the splitter. Also in answer to your question, yes the throat mic worked when just plugged into the phone by itself but I couldn't hear anything. I could tell from the screen that it was registering though.

Dude so I don't know whats going on but the l9 cable is making all kinds of weird noises. The splitter worked way better in my opinion. It might be that I didn't turn down or up as you were saying the background gain. I cant seem to locate that setting though. Then again I only have the 4.99 version. I might upgrade to the 14.99 but I was trying to avoid that if possible. I might just end up sticking with what worked for me which was the splitter. Also in answer to your question, yes the throat mic worked when just plugged into the phone by itself but I couldn't hear anything. I could tell from the screen that it was registering though.

Can you post a screenshot of the version you are using?

How do you have it hooked up? All the parts your using (I.e. My set up is mic- phone- l9- speaker)

Had a feeling about the ear mic. Wad def worth a shot though. I'll play around with the software a little more. It's the newest version for sure. Everything works pretty good. Just wasn't sure if I could make it that much better with the l9. I'll keep playing around with it. Your settings are pretty great though :)

Had a feeling about the ear mic. Wad def worth a shot though. I'll play around with the software a little more. It's the newest version for sure. Everything works pretty good. Just wasn't sure if I could make it that much better with the l9. I'll keep playing around with it. Your settings are pretty great though :)

The reasons I'm asking for a screen shot is to show you how to do the gain and background audio lol

And thanks for the compliment!

fd2d0d1f4a9fd1dc332e7e63a85fd545.jpg

Gain is just to left of the blue circle

Borrowed a throat mic from a fellow 501st member and this is what I've got so far. When my replacement one comes I'll update this to hopefully be a tad crisper

https://vimeo.com/164799976

Awesome work!!! Was curious, do you know if there's a fiio l9 with a longer cable or something similar with a longer cable? I was hoping to be able to have my iphone in my pouch I have on my Arkham Knight Batman utility belt and the speaker sitting around my upper chest close to my neck but hidden. I have the UD Replicas Arkham Knight suit so underneath the jacket I wear a spandex shirt attached to a balaclava so ideally I was hoping to have the speaker underneath that. I figured since my pouch on the belt is more on the backside of the belt and hidden, the sound would come out muffled from inside the pouch as well as being aimed in the opposite direction of anyone im speaking to. So if I was able to use a fiio l9 with lo ger cable or something similar then this set up would work perfect

Awesome work!!! Was curious, do you know if there's a fiio l9 with a longer cable or something similar with a longer cable? I was hoping to be able to have my iphone in my pouch I have on my Arkham Knight Batman utility belt and the speaker sitting around my upper chest close to my neck but hidden. I have the UD Replicas Arkham Knight suit so underneath the jacket I wear a spandex shirt attached to a balaclava so ideally I was hoping to have the speaker underneath that. I figured since my pouch on the belt is more on the backside of the belt and hidden, the sound would come out muffled from inside the pouch as well as being aimed in the opposite direction of anyone im speaking to. So if I was able to use a fiio l9 with lo ger cable or something similar then this set up would work perfect

They make extensions. You need trs 3.5mm female to trs 3.5mm male

Thanks man! Appreciate it. Gonna look into it asap. I'm hoping I can get all of this ordered and recieved before Wizard World in 2 weeks. I'm meeting Kevin Conroy so I wanna make a good impression on him with something different haha

Thanks man! Appreciate it. Gonna look into it asap. I'm hoping I can get all of this ordered and recieved before Wizard World in 2 weeks. I'm meeting Kevin Conroy so I wanna make a good impression on him with something different haha

Good luck! And let me know if you have any questions!

2 things first off

1: I personally haven't used any throat mic but in my research I've found a few reviews of there's that leads me to believe it's great IF you don't have a thick neck

2: I'm using a lapel mic in my vid because my ear bone mic hadn't arrived yet. It's supposed to be here today so I'll try to grab a new vid with it tonight.

Assuming the mic works with the set up (regardless of sound quality as I mean more that it's a compatible jack, which it should be) I would go with this one for a throat mic if I were you

http://www.ixradio.com/shop/transde...ers-with-secure-custom-neck-velcro-strap.html

Although, if the ear bone mic works well, I would suggest it for long term comfort.
I was just looking closer at the mic. I see 2 rings on the connector which would make it TRS correct? Doesn't it have to be TRRS (3 rings) to work with the iphone or would TRS still work? I saw there was another section with mics only(smartphone 3.5mm) and it had a similar dual transponder throat mic but no velcro strap and didnt say transdermal. It came with an adapter to TRRS from the looks of it in the picture.

I was just looking closer at the mic. I see 2 rings on the connector which would make it TRS correct? Doesn't it have to be TRRS (3 rings) to work with the iphone or would TRS still work? I saw there was another section with mics only(smartphone 3.5mm) and it had a similar dual transponder throat mic but no velcro strap and didnt say transdermal. It came with an adapter to TRRS from the looks of it in the picture.

The adapter that it comes with won't work as well imo for this set up. Go in the mic only (3.5mm) section.

You will need a trs to trrs adapter for their mics though.

Their adapter splits the phones jack into headphones and mic. In my experience it causes FAR more feedback issues doing that vs the L9 setup due to it all being on the same circuit.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back