Fine Molds 1/72 Slave 1 times 2 (Jango and Boba Fett versions)

korben44

Master Member
Along with all the other models I'm currently working on, I am doing these two as well. I have the Jango Fett version in hand with the Boba Fett one on the way. I'm going to do them as close as I can to the studio versions with all the trimmings. That means lights! I was too excited not to start this one as soon as it came in. I got it at a pretty good deal along with the Boba Fett one that comes with Han Solo frozen in carbonite.

WP_20160310_00_34_41_Raw_LI (2).jpgWP_20160310_00_34_11_Raw_LI (2).jpgWP_20160310_00_31_35_Raw_LI (2).jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone have, or could point me to, reference shots of Jango Fett's Slave 1? They are very hard to find.. Either that or I'm not looking in the right spots.

Thanks for any help!

-Kris

Last edited:
Started adding dome detail to Jango's Slave 1. I used some styrene and also added some depth to the grills and a few panel lines.

WP_20160310_20_37_58_Raw_LI (2).jpgWP_20160310_20_37_01_Raw_LI (2).jpg

Last edited:
Time for some seam repair. I'm not worried about sanding away the detail strips or panel lines, I'll add them back in. The goal here is to make this look like one piece.

WP_20160310_21_28_06_Raw_LI (2).jpg

Sanding nearly done on the main seam. Most of the sanded panel lines are etched back in as well. I'll be adding some more styrene to add more depth to some of the little blocks and things that got sanded down.

WP_20160311_01_25_03_Raw_LI (2).jpgWP_20160311_01_14_20_Raw_LI (2).jpg

You're off to a good start! The paint job is what scares me about starting my slave 1 ;)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thanks, Cimmerian! Yeah, the paint job is going to be very challenging on both of these models. It'll be a big test for me to see how my modeling skills are coming along. This site has been a godsend for me. The talent here is inspirational and has made me really want to work on my painting and scratch building skills.

-Kris

Thanks for the link, man. I was in the process of doing this myself with the movies, but this will cut my time on these two Slave's. Really appreciate the help!

-Kris

Finally getting some detail work done on Jango's Slave 1:

WP_20160404_10_17_24_Raw_LI (2).jpg

obviously I put some pieces on the wrong way:

WP_20160404_12_25_09_Raw_LI (2).jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back