Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release) (Spoilers)

Wasn't it all but confirmed that one of the first scenes of the movie would be the introduction of Finn and his passage out of the stormtrooper ranks? Or am I just making that up? I could swear that was supposed to take place very early on.

This synopsis definitely seems like a fake according to what we've heard so far.

Wasn't it all but confirmed that one of the first scenes of the movie would be the introduction of Finn and his passage out of the stormtrooper ranks? Or am I just making that up? I could swear that was supposed to take place very early on.

This synopsis definitely seems like a fake according to what we've heard so far.

Yeah, there are issues with the timing as well, good point. And nothing so far has indicated that Rey is a Solo. I know I keep pointing this out, not because I wouldn't be up for it, just that there doesn't seem to be any connection between her and Han. She see's the Falcon on Jakku put doesn't recognize it (this guy says she's hiding that fact but that seems like a plot point he wouldn't know), when she meets Han on the "Pirate Ship" they don't have any meaningful reunion, and there is a scene supposedly where she wonders at traveling to the jungle planet having never seen so much green. From a story structure standpoint it would be compelling if Kylo and Rey were estranged brother and sister.

Star Wars Underworld. I also listen to The ForceCast and Rebel Force Radio, which is the best IMO. If you don't mind spoilers and bad language, Now This is Podcasting. There are others like Cantina Cast, Full of Sith, ect., but I think these 4 are the best.

I love Jason and Jimmy at RFR, but damn the enthusiasm they bring is tiring sometimes. Just once I'd like to hear one of them actually bitch about something in Star Wars :lol

If alot of that synopsis is correct I would be happy with it. Some thing line up,a couple don't.

Ben

Bryancd, I'd like to recommend to you Far, Far Away on geek nation if you haven't already checked it out. It's not as good as it used to be since the original host became a recurring guest a few months ago, but still entertaining.

Last one, I swear.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd actually be okay with that, provided they don't change his PT identity. At the same time though, I can almost guarantee you that that's no more than someone trying to complete a single puzzle using the pieces from more than one puzzle. "Well, Von Sydow is the right age for Boba, plus we saw that concept art that hasn't been assigned a character and it only makes sense that his body would be almost destroyed by the digestive juices of the saarlac so that he'd need the modifications to survive, not to mention there's a Boba Fett movie coming in 2018. Boba Fett anthology film + Concept art + saarlac escape + old man Sydow = Max Von Sydow is Boba Fett.

Last edited:
if his face isnt totally covered how are they going to explain him not looking like the clones? .....

A couple of cool pictures I thought I would share for those of you that haven't seen them yet :)
Kylo Ren.pngTrooper.png

I wouldn't mind if he was Fett but everything I've seen would indicate he's not. Also this article refers to the battle of Jakku. I assume because in the Battlefront trailer we see Fett fighting in a battle everyone thinks is on Jakku because a SD is crashing in the background. But if you look closely there's a Sandcrawler there as well. It's Tatooine.

I wouldn't mind if he was Fett but everything I've seen would indicate he's not. Also this article refers to the battle of Jakku. I assume because in the Battlefront trailer we see Fett fighting in a battle everyone thinks is on Jakku because a SD is crashing in the background. But if you look closely there's a Sandcrawler there as well. It's Tatooine.
I don't really buy the idea that everyone thinks Fett survived because of a demo of a video game - even if this game is part of the new canon, this is still just demo footage. It's the latest reports that MVS is Fett that irks me.

All this retcon nonsense to resurrect a fan favorite character is just lazy and appeasing the fanbase rather than being creative. It's pandering to the audience and a sell out.

(Don't give me the Fett survived because in the old EU.. yada, yada, yada. That's a different animal altogether - just like Coulsen is dead in the Marvel Cinematic Universe but survives on the small screen. The EU existed for a reason and the reason is that it wasn't the big screen so you could take it or leave it - it didn't effect the overall real story).

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back