James Gunn fired from GOTG 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I learn the more of it there was. I guess that's what Disney learned too. Certainly they must have known
about some of it before they hired him. Some of it is so ludicrous it's clearly shock value humor.
Others make you wonder, when one reads something someone's voice and demeanor are not there to interpret did they really mean that?
But I think someone actually committing crimes would not be posting on the internet about it.
So I still lean on shock value trash talk.

Bottom line he's done with Disney.

So what happens now with GOTG3? Is it in production? are they going to stick with his script?

The more I learn the more of it there was. I guess that's what Disney learned too. Certainly they must have known
about some of it before they hired him. Some of it is so ludicrous it's clearly shock value humor.
Others make you wonder, when one reads something someone's voice and demeanor are not there to interpret did they really mean that?
But I think someone actually committing crimes would not be posting on the internet about it.
So I still lean on shock value trash talk.

Bottom line he's done with Disney.

So what happens now with GOTG3? Is it in production? are they going to stick with his script?

Depends on how clean of a break they want. If they use anything he developed they’d still have to credit him, as either writer, or like Edgar Wright on Ant Man, as an EP. If they want his name nowhere on it, they have to start from scratch.

Disney/Marvel owns the IP and can do whatever they please with the characters and property— but story and content are protected by the unions in favor of creatives, even if it is work for hire.

That said, they could skirt the unions and pay him off too.

Delete the thread? I sincerely hope not. I think its important that the people defending this indefensible behaviour should be made to stand by their actions.

This is interesting to me because of the questions & precedents it stirs up for the industry.

As for pedophiles IMO we could all cool down a notch. I don't hear anybody defending pedo actions. I don't even hear anyone defending pedo jokes. The debate is about how "actionable" the speech is, and the role of other motives that may be clouding the issue. We're disagreeing over policy, not the core morality of it.

As far as I am concerned nothing is off limits when it comes to jokes. Humor is a way of processing and coping with the world around us. All jokes aren't for all people, I get that.

As to the types of jokes mentioned in this thread and how some feel they are never appropriate I assume you don't watch Family Guy. A show that has joked about all kinds of taboo subjects.

Delete the thread? I sincerely hope not. I think its important that the people defending this indefensible behaviour should be made to stand by their actions.

That’s such a stupid statement. I stand by everything I said, and now I’ll follow your stupid statement with one just as stupid.

In situations like these, the loudest voices condemning someone’s actions are usually guilty of it themselves. So I too hope this thread stays up cuz there are an awful lot of people here acting crazy self righteous... may be useful to the FBI down the line.

In situations like these, the loudest voices condemning someone’s actions are usually guilty of it themselves. So I too hope this thread stays up cuz there are an awful lot of people here acting crazy self righteous... may be useful to the FBI down the line.

Yeah, I'm sure the FBI is getting daily updates about a thread in a forum devoted to movie prop replicas. :rolleyes

That’s such a stupid statement. I stand by everything I said, and now I’ll follow your stupid statement with one just as stupid.

Well I`ve been very measured with my post`s on this matter and have not accused Gunn of nothing more than disturbing and disgusting behaviour, I dont even want to add a like to posts that I agree with. The term self righteous can be applied to both sides of this thread equally btw. I find some of the posts trying to explain off or lessen the nature of Gunn`s behaviour to be equally disturbing and disgusting behaviour as well. Simple as that.

Yeah, I'm sure the FBI is getting daily updates about a thread in a forum devoted to movie prop replicas. :rolleyes

And to the point.... you handily didn’t quote the context where I said “I’ll follow your stupid statement with one as equally stupid”

See how context changes the point being made?

instead of me deliberately making a stupid comment, you mis-quoted and then played it as if I believed it.

Panic answer.. Peyton Reed

I don't know much about him other than Ant Man films but man those have the a quirky humor vibe similar to GOTG.

I!ll say Taika Waititi. While I don’t see enough in his work to postulate him as the go-to guy for the MCU generally as I’ve seen others propose in various threads, I did watch Thor: Ragnarok again today and was struck by how that film felt most like GOTG of all the MCU films - not only the humor but also the “interplanetary” setting, which wasn’t really done much outside GOTG up until very recently. So I think he’d be a good fit for GOTG 3 to keep it tonally consistent with the prior films.

M

And those are the reasons I question this happening NOW.

Because there is a very aggressive global child sex trafficking investigation going on and they're digging deep. Until now it's been hard to break in, but Weinstein's fall was the event that opened the door.

I!ll say Taika Waititi. While I don’t see enough in his work to postulate him as the go-to guy for the MCU generally as I’ve seen others propose in various threads, I did watch Thor: Ragnarok again today and was struck by how that film felt most like GOTG of all the MCU films - not only the humor but also the “interplanetary” setting, which wasn’t really done much outside GOTG up until very recently. So I think he’d be a good fit for GOTG 3 to keep it tonally consistent with the prior films.

M

I could think that could work too. Ragnarok was a wild ride.

So uh. Who do we think replaces Gunn?

I don’t know how to spell his name, but I’d aim for Taika Waiti (sp?)

Ragnorok was Guardians lite anyway.

but like a Screen Junkies commentator pointed out, who’s gonna want to be the guy that “ruined guardians 3”

for me the trilogy ends at infinity war.

IF this is over... I’m not sure it is. Disney ran to beat the public outcry, but there wasn’t one. Only the people out to get him fired (who weren’t offended in the first place) were screaming for his head.

It was an organized political - successful - take down that sets a horrible precedent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back