ED209 question. (2014)

sandbagger

Master Member
If anyone has access to a ThreeZero figurine of the 2014 ED209, there's a couple of areas I'm interested in to find out how it all connects. All the videos and photos I've seen so far just don't show it well enough.

Need to get right in with a camera and/or video to show in all those nooks and crannies that are usually missed by a quick pan around the outside.

I'm trying to find out

1. How the head is joined to the body and,

2. how the two big round parts in between the arms join to everything.

OMYCAok.jpg

30c77nI.jpg

dJ4UWSn.jpg

OMYCAok.jpg

30c77nI.jpg

dJ4UWSn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, dont know if this is any help. first is a video you may already have might be worth asking the poster for help. second video shows concept devlopment 3d redering of movement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrvJw--M8ao

http://www.toyzmag.com/2013/12/robocop-2014-le-ed-209-de-threezero/

couldnt find one of these for the new one

View attachment 831013
Thanks mate. Yes, I've been all over those and you can already see in the unboxing video, in the comments, I've already asked him. Waiting for a reply.

Still no internet photo, gif or video shows these inner regions of interest. I've exhausted the net after weeks of searching, which is why I'm asking here if anyone has an action figure.

Cheers mate.

B

Ok, I don't have one, but I've been working in toys long enough that by looking at these pics I think I can pretty much break it down: The beige is the undercarriage, light blue square is the section that the legs connect to, the light green circle is the round parts you are curious about where the arms attach. The blue is the neck, and the red section is the cleverly hidden connector that binds it all together... The two round things are connected in the middle and attached directly to the under carriage and the blocks that attache the legs AND, I would guess, the main portion that the head swivel (neck) is attached to...

in the second image I highlighted in red where this central block is visible from the front, which would likely be the only place where it would be plainly visible...

(added) I looked for any kind of side image that would show the actual detail, but the best I could guess is the connector for the neck is just a cylinder that runs down to the undercarriage, and then the two wedges under the round pieces in front (highlighted in red)

Probably all useless info, but that's how it looks to me....
EDconnection1.png
ED2.png

Buliwif thanks mate. Very close to my assessment of it too. I have the pepakura file that can be rotated around to show where all the major parts fit in relation to each other, but again, there are no details of how they are actually JOINED or ARTICULATED.

I need more specifics than that.

Good effort mate. Cheers.

B

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back