Builds By Baz - ED 209 (Robocop 2014)

Another thread of yours that I'll be following!
You really do pick some wonderful and challenging projects don't you?

And I just went and had a look at your website - Good on ya mate. Your wise brain is clearly complimented with a very warm heart.

Thanks everyone. :D
AndoShinobi Just when I'm feeling crap about myself, a fine human like yourself lifts me up again. Cheers mate.

Baz.

Last edited by a moderator:
All the big pieces now done and hardened with resin. I've got a few little detailed bits which are quite fiddly, especially with my still broken finger. Next step to make a hole in each piece to fill with a slush coat of car bog mixed with resin. They will be pretty solid then and i can sand/shape/drill etc.

N6YMCoj.jpg

o58ZeBT.jpg

KVPo6Oe.jpg

fQm7ZEn.jpg

N6YMCoj.jpg

o58ZeBT.jpg

KVPo6Oe.jpg

fQm7ZEn.jpg

Vid is going at Warp Speed mate:eek Could hardly see the details of that foot...btw, did you use some kind of insert in that leg/foot combo to make it sturdy?

Vid is going at Warp Speed mate:eek Could hardly see the details of that foot...btw, did you use some kind of insert in that leg/foot combo to make it sturdy?

Video seems fine this end mate. I'll post a still shot. Nothing inside to connect them all yet, just propped and balanced for the video. With the rondo inside, it's pretty sturdy though. I think I'll put fencing wire inside to join the pieces and make it pose-able.

rvhqQGp.jpg

While I’ve been slow to get in the shed and pour the slush-cast into every little piece, I thought of a good idea. Some of the shapes are flat, so why not just trace them onto the correct thickness of wood and cut them out with a jigsaw? Worked a treat!

Z7s8VjF.jpg

Cm7cfEr.jpg

Dr0VCjZ.jpg

rvhqQGp.jpg

Z7s8VjF.jpg

Cm7cfEr.jpg

Dr0VCjZ.jpg

Maybe it's me mate...but now I see how that whole foot combo is standing. Keep up the great work:thumbsup

Got lots done today. Spent most of the day working on the Viper then switched to the relative warmth of the shed late tonight to continue with ED209.

Now that all the parts are done and it is loosely assembled, I can solidify it to be free-standing then work on smoothing and detailing.

gEaahb9.jpg

hgdHGj6.jpg

hQxFcPh.jpg

93VVGCO.jpg

rjhIWQo.jpg

L0xdEd2.jpg

KNJU6eW.jpg

bQiUxC8.jpg

M6Mfghg.jpg

gEaahb9.jpg

hgdHGj6.jpg

hQxFcPh.jpg

93VVGCO.jpg

rjhIWQo.jpg

L0xdEd2.jpg

KNJU6eW.jpg

bQiUxC8.jpg

M6Mfghg.jpg

Man you’ve had one helluva busy day ! Would love to know how you keep the your consistent enthusiasm/ motivation levels up on these builds ?
Cause you’re going great guns on both !!

Mine seems to ebb and flow when working on just one project at a time !?

:cheersGed

Love the ‘ knicks & dings ‘ look of the exterior . Gives the impression that this units seen some action !
When’re you planning to start the 1:1 Build now you’ve got this 3D example outta the way ?:popcorn;)

:cheersGed

Last edited:
I have to finish the Viper first. Hopefully in a year or so. In the meantime, I can tinker with this, get a feel for the details and start planning the structure, materials and modulisation for a full size build.

A 1:1 scale would be the bomb mate! If someone can pull it off, it's you;)

Thank you for the vote of confidence sir! :)

Update:

The balance is perfect, but strength is lacking. Touch it and it breaks. Resin without mat is just too brittle. So, I took it apart again and am replacing each part with either wood or metal, depending on thickness and detail required.

cuV0aJB.jpg

Burning the midnight oil tonight. Piece by piece, finding ways to use scrap materials around my shed, suitable to replace the paper model parts. Great to have a three dimensional object to scale and compare.

70im35g.jpg

t3B0OnS.jpg

Aluminium armour plate on left replacing flimsy paper and resin plate on right.

UeHro9G.jpg

Turned the weapon pod pivot plates on the lathe then carved the rest out of ply. Both arms done, ready to paint.

Y7ee55R.jpg

uNoSOzk.jpg

4WpwU4m.jpg

Kel37O8.jpg

ZMNFnIP.jpg

Fdpa7OB.jpg

cuV0aJB.jpg

70im35g.jpg

t3B0OnS.jpg

UeHro9G.jpg

Y7ee55R.jpg

uNoSOzk.jpg

4WpwU4m.jpg

Kel37O8.jpg

ZMNFnIP.jpg

Fdpa7OB.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back