Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

My 1/72 PG Falcon build...After carefully reviewing my reference material, I went back and corrected details here and there on the upper hull to the point now I think Ill leave it alone. Going to revisit the lower hull and replace the engine.

Last edited:

At some point, this signature lettering was erased, leaving scratches that suggest that this erasure was done with some intent.

View attachment 797116

The researcher commented that he imagined that there might have been some "affair" between the staffs behind this.

I'm really surprised the researcher would say that in public. That's unprofessional.

Anyway, do we know whether the name was there during the filmming of ANH? I'm trying to model my PG the way it looked during the shoot, so if her name was there I want it there. I literally just put the scratch on the cockpit cone this weekend. Argh.

My 1/72 PG Falcon build...After carefully reviewing my reference material, I went back and corrected details here and there on the upper hull to the point now I think Ill leave it alone. Going to revisit the lower hull and replace the engine lighting next.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1024x768q90/923/94v00P.jpg
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1024x768q90/924/qrned7.jpg

Looks great, Mark! I know the feeling. Every time a new research photo comes to light I find something new to add or change. I could be working on this forever! To paraphrase the old saying, "The model is never finished, it's abandoned."

sexism aside, does anyone have the full pic of her working on the falcon??

Her job was film control coordinator, whatever that means.
Cmc35-nXEAAdVHa.jpg

Her job was film control coordinator, whatever that means.
View attachment 797136

Given that even a simple shot, even back then, typically required at least 5 or 6 separate pieces of film for every take (and there could be multiple takes) that all had to be catalogued and kept straight to be optically composited and printed so that they could be included in the final film negative, I suspect it means it was important. ;)

Or maybe her name actually didn't belong on there and she was being sneaky. After all, she is not a model maker.

Or maybe her name actually didn't belong on there and she was being sneaky. After all, she is not a model maker.

Joe Johnston wasn't credited as a modelmaker either. In those days, it was pretty common for ILMers to pitch in on projects outside their credited duties. I remember Steve Gawley or someone mentioning that a lot of people chipped in on the Falcon paint job.

Joe Johnston wasn't credited as a modelmaker either. In those days, it was pretty common for ILMers to pitch in on projects outside their credited duties. I remember Steve Gawley or someone mentioning that a lot of people chipped in on the Falcon paint job.
I get that. Just throwing it out there my friend.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I get that. Just throwing it out there my friend.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I know. I wasn't throwing shade back. :cheers It would be interesting to know the real story behind her name being gone. Was it removed on purpose or did it get scraped off during handling? I will say this, it's really really inappropriate for that researcher to jump to "maybe she was a *****" just because her name is missing from a model. Would that have been what he imagined if it was a man's name? Doubt it. Anyway, back to the Falcon.

Fascinating how little bits of info and/or trivia take on a life of there own for whatever length of time. I particularly like this one though...for obvious reasons :rolleyes

Thanks and welcome gardensnome. Your timing is perfect. Work has just been completed on the underside of my PG Falcon hull (just the tiny squares, rectangles and decals to add) and now it's time to start the topside.
Really superb work by everyone on here!

Here's mine courtesy of the incredibly talented and patient StevetheSwede!

101-Falcon-Construction-200218.jpg

98-Falcon-Construction-200218.jpg

100-Falcon-Construction-200218.jpg

Hello all. My name is gardensnome and I've been lurking here for a while now, just trying to absorb as much info as I can. This place has been a great resource of information for my preparation in building this PG Falcon. It may take me a while to get it started but I thought I might be able to contribute a bit back to the board. With all the recent discussion regarding the SW Chronicles VI-VI Vehicles book, I thought I might try my hand at scanning the MF pages. This is the first scan at full-size in 300dpi. Once I'm done, I plan to upload it to WeTransfer at full resolution. Please let me know if this is wanted be the group. Should I continue with more? Also, I checked the Community Guides and didn't see any restrictions but please let me know if it's against the Community standards and I will cease and desist. Thanks for being such a great place to be informed and inspired

101-Falcon-Construction-200218.jpg

98-Falcon-Construction-200218.jpg

100-Falcon-Construction-200218.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back