2017 SECRET SANTA THREAD - Entry now CLOSED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay! Step 1 (and some of you have already posted or I know about but I'll put everyone here anyway)
dlambert 420blackadder picosbeak123 joshvanrad Boris K The Cog TheDon bihyeon

Can you please let me know if you have received your gift.

If not, I will check your Santas to see if they sent me tracking numbers and we'll proceed from there.

Ash thank you so much for volunteering to be a backup Santa. Once I get confirmation that they didn't receive anything I'll send you their details.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay! Step 1 (and some of you have already posted or I know about but I'll put everyone here anyway)
@dlambert @420blackadder @picosbeak123 @joshvanrad @Boris K @The Cog @TheDon @bihyeon

If not, I will check your Santas to see if they sent me tracking numbers and we'll proceed from there.

@Ash thank you so much for volunteering to be a backup Santa. Once I get confirmation that they didn't receive anything I'll send you their details.
I haven't, but its on it's way. Same thing with the gift I've sent. It arrived in it's country of destiny.

Sorry for this delay on both ends. The Brazilian post is not what it used to be...

@dlambert @420blackadder @picosbeak123 @joshvanrad @Boris K @The Cog @TheDon @bihyeon

@Ash thank you so much for volunteering to be a backup Santa. Once I get confirmation that they didn't receive anything I'll send you their details.
Santa must be running late here. He hasn't shown up at my place yet.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Just noticed that DrscifiProps has been banned. is this as a direct result of non SS involvement or did something else happen in the mean time?

Who had him as a recipient? Did you send it? Do you know if it arrived and most importantly.....What was it and do you have pictures for us all to be envious of?

Last edited:
Just noticed that DrscifiProps has been banned. is this as a direct result of non SS involvement or did something else happen in the mean time?

Who had him as a recipient? Did you send it? Do you know if it arrived and most importantly.....What was it and do you have pictures for us all to be envious of?

Sadly he was banned for the SS. I *HATE* when that happens, as I say in my opening post "a $20 gift is not worth getting banned for". Both a mod and I sent PMs and emails with no response. Last straw is that I noticed he was on yesterday. Thankfully by the looks of things he'll be the only one this year.
NormanF I too would love to see what you sent him. :)

Real shame there are people like that here but I guess they are everywhere. it's not like he couldn't have backed out if he changed his mind before it was too late....but to obviously ignore messages about it?....wow.

let me know if anything goes missing in transit Michael and i'll join Ash as a stand in SS. My SS gift to one of the named above was signed for by the recipient on the 5th so i'm fairly confident He has it. Unless there is an imposter at his house who signed for it in his name of course......it could happen..... I watch movies too.

Real shame there are people like that here but I guess they are everywhere. it's not like he couldn't have backed out if he changed his mind before it was too late....but to obviously ignore messages about it?....wow.

let me know if anything goes missing in transit Michael and i'll join Ash as a stand in SS. My SS gift to one of the named above was signed for by the recipient on the 5th so i'm fairly confident He has it. Unless there is an imposter at his house who signed for it in his name of course......it could happen..... I watch movies too.
I was scared that I would get banned. I had just started a new job, I took over running an industry meetup, I was building bookshelves for our house and I wasn't happy with the work I was doing on my SS gift. But I finally got it done and sent, although quite late. This year I plan to make sure my plate is clear for November and December. As much as I can anyway.

As a first time participant, I loved the experience and am looking forward to this year.

Sent from my brain using the Tapatalk monkeys

I was scared that I would get banned. I had just started a new job, I took over running an industry meetup, I was building bookshelves for our house and I wasn't happy with the work I was doing on my SS gift. But I finally got it done and sent, although quite late. This year I plan to make sure my plate is clear for November and December. As much as I can anyway.

Honestly, anyone who keeps in communication with me and isn't outright out to scam the system has no fear of being banned. I like to give EVERY opportunity for people, even if they're having a rough time, to find a way through this that doesn't end in punishment. There have been people in the past who have had issues and 99.9% of the time we are able to work it out.

Anyhow, I think that takes away from what this is really about so I'd rather not dwell on it. :)

Honestly, anyone who keeps in communication with me and isn't outright out to scam the system has no fear of being banned. I like to give EVERY opportunity for people, even if they're having a rough time, to find a way through this that doesn't end in punishment. There have been people in the past who have had issues and 99.9% of the time we are able to work it out.

Anyhow, I think that takes away from what this is really about so I'd rather not dwell on it. :)

Too right..... It's been a great exchange and really looking forward to the summer edition Michael is running :p

OOOOH Michael, Did you manage to get the sound working. I had a few ideas if not..... bloody annoying that. :thumbsup

Whoever steps in as my Santa, take as much time as you need. Don't feel like you've got to rush to get me something. I've waited this long, I can wait a while longer. For me, I actually enjoy giving gifts more than receiving them. It is fun to stalk someone, find out who all of their loved ones are, what their bank routing number is, and to learn their greatest fears... and then disperse gifts accordingly. My recipient was particularly difficult this year.

But seriously, I'm just glad my gift ended up making it to someone. This community is so awesome and there is a ton that I've gained from it. These types of events are just the cherry on the top of the extra large sundae that is The RPF.

No worries. Thanks for the backup Santa stepping in.

Don't mention it joshvanrad, everyone who sent a gift should receive a gift in my opinion, I mean that's why we do this every year. Also seeing how it's not much of a "secret" any longer, if you read through the messages in the post I'll go ahead and reveal that I'm your replacement Secret Santa. I'll be putting something together as soon as possible and sending it along your way. Good news is, after receiving your shipping information it appears we're only a state away from each other, so once it's in the mail it shouldn't take long for you to receive it and get your little dose of the RPF holiday spirit.

Happy Holidays-

Ash

Don't mention it @joshvanrad, everyone who sent a gift should receive a gift in my opinion, I mean that's why we do this every year. Also seeing how it's not much of a "secret" any longer, if you read through the messages in the post I'll go ahead and reveal that I'm your replacement Secret Santa. I'll be putting something together as soon as possible and sending it along your way. Good news is, after receiving your shipping information it appears we're only a state away from each other, so once it's in the mail it shouldn't take long for you to receive it and get your little dose of the RPF holiday spirit.

Happy Holidays-

Ash

Wait, were you in on the gift exchange already? Did you already Santa for someone else?

Yep, already participated. But Michael asked for volunteers because someone (you) didn't receive a gift from who they were suppose to, so naturally as a person who wants everyone to experience the excitement of opening a Secret Santa gift, I volunteered.

-Ash

Sorry I havent posted sooner, I was looking for the right container for the raptor embryo. I also got a sweet keychain for my keyring and a nice picture of the one true dark lord, Vader. Thanks Secret Santa!

gPKEwqf.jpg

qo180nX.jpg

s0hzklc.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6905.jpg
    IMG_6905.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_6904.jpg
    IMG_6904.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_6903.jpg
    IMG_6903.jpg