Rogue One - Edrio Two-Tubes

Given the track record from the costumes of Rogue One display, I am very wary of any references that aren't actual screen grabs. The Topps cards for instance.

I went through the movie and tried to pause and compare guns. The main issue is Edrio has such little screen time. It is hard enough to see a full body shot or a shot where he is in focus instead of a quick flash in the background, let alone his gun. It is primarily Benthic we see.

Also, the available streams aren't bluray quality and when you are trying to look at small details in the background it makes it difficult.

That being said, around the 36:45 point, Benthic is in the foreground and Edrio in the background both with guns. This is the part where they are capturing the Rebels in Jedha city to take them to Saws.

Take this with a large grain of salt because it isn't exactly clear but there does seem to be a noticeable difference in the guns. Maybe Edrios has a shorter/ wider barrel?

Like was mentioned, we will learn more in the coming days.
Upon inspection I'd say the stock of the gun is different in that scene (like the metal framed stock as opposed to the full wooden stock). As Edrio turns in the background you can see through the stock suggesting the rifle is like the one seen in Cambians picture.

Upon inspection I'd say the stock of the gun is different in that scene (like the metal framed stock as opposed to the full wooden stock). As Edrio turns in the background you can see through the stock suggesting the rifle is like the one seen in Cambians picture.

That would be in line with the wider/shorter barrel I thought I was seeing. I was referring to the front of the barrel...which is wider in Cambian's picture. I'm not sure how clear of a version you saw but what I was looking at definitely wasn't HD. The digital release is tomorrow...the bluray (hopefully with extra footage) is in a week and a half. I'm not going to worry about it until we have better references.

That would be in line with the wider/shorter barrel I thought I was seeing. I was referring to the front of the barrel...which is wider in Cambian's picture. I'm not sure how clear of a version you saw but what I was looking at definitely wasn't HD. The digital release is tomorrow...the bluray (hopefully with extra footage) is in a week and a half. I'm not going to worry about it until we have better references.
Its hard to see in this image but you can just about make it out:
abmdXg0.jpg

I got that off the digital edition - much clearer when actually watching the film.

Also, Cassian's pants in a behind the scenes shot are very similar to the Two Tubes Twins.

28e1c08a62e79cd9fec1abe7f64cc0c2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Note that Pao also had very similar looking knees to the pads on twotubes' trousers.
Do you think these were all custom made or an 'off the shelf' item from somewhere?

Pao.jpg

So I spent a little time looking up similar pants. I found something that I think might be converted so it works..but its not perfect. Before I get into that I want to mention a couple observations.

I do believe that Pao, Cassian in his Eadu outfit, Edrio and Benthic all wear the same pant (except for weathering). Maybe someone else can confirm that for me? From what I can see they are at least very close if not identical.

We are looking for a cargo pant made out of thick canvas or a similar type of "Carhart" fabric. Most of the cargo pockets are barely visible because the shirt hangs down so low but you can clearly see it in the Pao picture above. It seems like the aliens pants are just very over sized compared to Cassians. It gives them an extra baggy look.

I'm not going to go through and link every picture...but if you look back through this thread there are multiple pictures that you can compare to. I believe the thick "ridges" (for lack of a better term) are only on the knee. The lower part of the pant doesn't have that...but in some cases they are so baggy that it is hard to tell and it looks like it continues down to the base of the pant...it doesn't. Also, I don't think the "thick ridges" are on the back of the pant leg, only the front...but I had a hard time finding reference photos. I could only see it from the side. Maybe someone else could verify that for me as well please?

Like I said, its not perfect, but it might be on the right track... something like this...only with the knee pocket sewn together into smaller pockets and stuffed with padding.

Please let me know what you think.
WM%u00252B2%u00252BMascot%u0025252C%u00252BWork%u00252BPants%u00252Bwith%u00252Bknee%u00252Bpads.jpg

WM%u00252B4%u00252BMascot%u0025252C%u00252BWork%u00252BPants%u00252Bwith%u00252Bknee%u00252Bpads.jpg

Last edited:
ou can find some examples of this style of pants if you use the seach term "articulated knee". You could modify an existing pair of pants by adding another layer of fabric in front the of knee to form the three horizontal channels. This new layer must be both longer and wider than the area of the pant front they cover in order to form a pocket to insert the padding. You close the channels by sewing the sides of the channels into the side seams when to sew the front leg/channel pieces to the back pieces. Here is some extra information if anyone wants to try to make their own.

EDIT: Calculation on following diagram corrected. The width of the Channel fabric must account for the increased circumference around the knee (thickness time 1/2 pi = 1.57 T) and also the ends of the Channel which returns to the side seam (2 times T). This makes the width of the Channel piece = Width of the Leg Front + 3.57 times T.

View attachment ArticulatedKnee.pdf

Last edited:
Hi all, been following this thread since the beginning but my first post. Wondering if you think the coat below could be tailored and used for benthic/Edrio two tubes. I've been researching dusters for weeks and this was the best I've found:
image.png

thanks for the heads up

I've ordered two helmets from him with zero problems. I understand that others have had issues, but not me. Make your own call based on risk, and I totally understand folks who steer clear. Ymmv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all, been following this thread since the beginning but my first post. Wondering if you think the coat below could be tailored and used for benthic/Edrio two tubes. I've been researching dusters for weeks and this was the best I've found:
View attachment 719043

There Are a Few Problems with this coat. First and bigest , its not made out of leather.
The form is Not right and I think it is too much worg to make it right. Better You make the Leather coat by yourselfe!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back