TASM Fitness Thread. Get your Spidey Physique tips on exercise and nutrition here!

Re: TASM Fitness Thread. Get your Spidey Physique tips on exercise and nutrition here

Ohhh lol. My bad. just looked up what groin means ^^ (silly german).

I had that too once. But im not sure why or where it came from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hah. Yeh. I think I went down funny on it. And I wana rest it so it doesnt impede on what im doing. But after it stops hurting for like a day im not sure how l9ng it takes. Was thinking about stopping squarts for around a week and ratger then keep going with the ache just stop whenever it happens.

J

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Re: TASM Fitness Thread. Get your Spidey Physique tips on exercise and nutrition here

I'm still sticking to the "ten tigers full body workout" but this week wanted to test myself for a 1 rep max deadlift:

attachment.php

200kg (440lbs) deadlift in the "ghetto garage gym" while wearing my 'Beavers' 42 vest. (Wore it last week to an 80's fancy dress party and decided I may aswell use it for something else now, lol).

I pulled my lateral deltoid the other day during handstand practice. That muscle is a real pain in the butt to stretch out properly.

Also I kind of wish I had started doing protein shakes earlier. The one I'm using right now tastes like chocolate milk. So I get to drink chocolate milk and have it be good for me, it's awesome.

Last edited:

2days till i meet Stan Lee.
I guess i will look ok in my spidey suit ^^
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404916569.673206.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404916581.989663.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404916594.773093.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404916606.658879.jpg

Looking great Aron - bigger/stronger than spiderman

I got my bodyfat measured on one of those in store scales last week, was a bit dissapointed at 19.6% as I thought I was more like 14-15%.
Also took a bathroom selfie , strange angle from phone being propped on the bathroom sink. I now have just over 1 year until that "six pack at 40" goal.
2014-07-09 22.00.49.jpg2014-07-03 18.57.07.jpg

I got my bodyfat measured on one of those in store scales last week, was a bit dissapointed at 19.6% as I thought I was more like 14-15%.
Also took a bathroom selfie , strange angle from phone being propped on the bathroom sink. I now have just over 1 year until that "six pack at 40" goal.
View attachment 347348View attachment 347349

the only accurate way of judging body fat is with measurements and a caliper, but I would say looking at this pic you are closer to %10. You probably would not have visible abs at %19.6, especially the amount of definition you have.

Okay guys, so I have a quick question....
I was part of this thread before, but it didn't work out too well. I ended up losing way too much weight, and I couldn't build muscle. Now, I'm about the size I should be. Wouldn't mind losing weight, but either way I feel like I don't necessarily need to. I'm about 177 pounds, a small bit over 6 feet tall, and I have a 33 inch waist. My bodyfat is maybe 12%? Something like that... maybe a little more, maybe a little less.
Anyway, I keep reading all these things about having to go on this SPECIFIC diet for getting your abs to show. I haven't worked on my abs in a while apart from maybe doing something once or twice a week (every now and then). I run constantly. 4-5 times a week and about 2-4 miles each run. So I'm very lean looking. But, I am really wanting good looking abs. I don't care if they aren't super duper defined, but I'd like for them to be nice.
Here's what I'm asking... here's what all I've ate today, do I need to change anything about my diet?
Morning- Bowl of cereal, coffee.
Snack- milk with protein powder in it (25 grams of protein to be exact)
Lunch- 2 all natural hot dogs (not the nasty for you kind, the healthier, leaner kind) without a bun or sauce and some 40% less fat chips, and a few pickles
dinner- I'll probably get home tonight from my rehearsal, have some fruit or something like that
Apart from doing a good ab workout with my cardio, what should I change?

Thanks ^^
My next project will be venom tho ^^
Therefore the bigger is better hahaha

U look great too

I was part of this thread before, but it didn't work out too well. I ended up losing way too much weight, and I couldn't build muscle. Now, I'm about the size I should be. Wouldn't mind losing weight, but either way I feel like I don't necessarily need to. I'm about 177 pounds, a small bit over 6 feet tall, and I have a 33 inch waist. My bodyfat is maybe 12%? Something like that... maybe a little more, maybe a little less.
Anyway, I keep reading all these things about having to go on this SPECIFIC diet for getting your abs to show. I haven't worked on my abs in a while apart from maybe doing something once or twice a week (every now and then). I run constantly. 4-5 times a week and about 2-4 miles each run. So I'm very lean looking. But, I am really wanting good looking abs. I don't care if they aren't super duper defined, but I'd like for them to be nice.
Here's what I'm asking... here's what all I've ate today, do I need to change anything about my diet?
Lunch- 2 all natural hot dogs (not the nasty for you kind, the healthier, leaner kind) without a bun or sauce and some 40% less fat chips, and a few pickles
dinner- I'll probably get home tonight from my rehearsal, have some fruit or something like that
To get abs to show you need to lower your bodyfat. There are two main ways to do this .... less fat on your body with the same amount of lean mass, or more lean mass on your body with the same amount of fat.

At 177lbs and just over 6 foot, it sounds like you should be pretty close to seeing your abs but perhaps just need a bit more muscle. You have mentioned that you do quite a bit of cardio but haven't mentioned any weights. Look into doing some weights sessions at least 3 times per week and concentrate on compound lifts.

I don't think there is a SPECIFIC diet that you should follow to get your abs to show, but what works for MYSELF is sticking to the rule of 1g of protein per lb of lean mass (I aim for 180g) and 0.5g of fat per lb of lean mass (again I aim for 90g). While dieting I limit myself to 2200 calories so after my protein and fat targets I am left with 670 calories that can be eaten as either carbs/protein or fat. When I'm not dieting I stick to the protein and fat targets but simply increases the amount of extra calories that I can eat.

Oh and I rarely do any ab specific exercises, probably a total of 30 weighted sit-ups per week if I have some spare time after a workout.
I don't really do any cardio, but once a week I've started to do a 15 minute HIIT session alternating punchbag and exercise bike.

I know it won't give perfect answers for YOU, but it gives you an insight on what has been working for ME.

Rule of thumb is that guys show abs around 10% body fat. Some guys show them with greater body fat percentage, some guys require lower body fat percentage. It depends on where you store your fat and how large your ab muscles are. So you still need to cut some fat and/or build up your abs. Based on your height/weight and your claim you have difficulty building muscle I would suspect it's mostly that your ab muscles aren't terribly large. Do some targeted ab work to bulk them up a bit. There's a lot of discussion, bro-science, conflicting opinions etc about what exercises to do, or even if you need to target abs. I recommend dragon flags (look on youtube for some progression tutorials) as a good starting point. Supposedly that's the only ab exercise Bruce Lee advocated. You can do leg raises, crunches, use one of those swiss/exercise/physio balls, planks, etc. If you feel it in your abs chances are good you're targeting them.

Your diet sounds reasonable. The only thing I would worry about would be the bowl of cereal. Those are often calorie bombs that also contribute a ton of highly refined sugars. Unfortunately it becomes even more important to carefully count calories and watch your macros when you get as close as you are to continue losing body fat. There's no hard and fast number for you to target, you just need to adjust down if you're seeing no change after a minimum of one week.

Be wary of processed foods and particularly foods that claim lower fat - that loss in fat is often offset by an increase in carbs for no let loss of calories. Nutritional fat is necessary for fat loss (within reason of course) - excess carbs impede, halt, or even arrest fat loss.

2days till i meet Stan Lee.
I guess i will look ok in my spidey suit ^^
View attachment 347220
View attachment 347221
View attachment 347222
View attachment 347223

You guys look great. I'm trying to find an ideal Full body workout. I only have a bar-bell at home and would prefer to keep it homebound, do you guys have a work out in particular?

You guys look great. I'm trying to find an ideal Full body workout. I only have a bar-bell at home and would prefer to keep it homebound, do you guys have a work out in particular?

I workout at home only.
I have dumbbells and a curling bar.
I prefer the dumbbells for my training.
The curling i only use for some biceps and triceps exercises. My next piece to get will be a cattle bell (in a few months or so)

For my abs u do a workout program by hasfit ;)

I will try to update my routime thread on monday.

My vary the exercises every week. They repeat after 3 weeks.

I alternate between stronglifts 5x5/ and Tentigers Full body workout (which is essentially a mens healh version of "starting strength". I tend to use stronglifts while eating at a surplus to build strength, but swap after 10-12 weeks as I feel I need to mix things up a bit. Both routines use a limited number of compound exercises so they can get dull at times but if you're motivated by progress then they're both great and you can throw in some isolation movements in addition if you like curls and ab crunches etc.

It's quite important that you track your progress, Stronglifts has an easy to follow app too, but JEFIT is a real nice app that lets you customise your own routine.

Again, I'm only telling you what has worked for me, you might prefer something different - but I certainly recommend a workout that concentrates on the compound lifts (linked in a previous post) as they're the best for building overall strength and as they use the biggest muscle groups also burn a lot of calories (during and after exercise).

The electronic scales are very inaccurate. Looking at you I'd say definitely 13-15%. Looking great. I turn 39 in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the inspiration.

I workout at home only.
I have dumbbells and a curling bar.
I prefer the dumbbells for my training.
The curling i only use for some biceps and triceps exercises. My next piece to get will be a cattle bell (in a few months or so)

For my abs u do a workout program by hasfit ;)

I will try to update my routime thread on monday.

My vary the exercises every week. They repeat after 3 weeks.

If you are working out at home and have a pull-up bar. P90X is a great program. I do it 2 times a yr.

TASM Fitness Thread. Get your Spidey Physique tips on exercise and nutrition ...

If you are working out at home and have a pull-up bar. P90X is a great program. I do it 2 times a yr.

I dunno what a p90x is suppost to be ^^ And use mainly dumbbells.

2 times a year? Isnt that less?

Update

I train the whole year long and do cardio/hiit workouts too.

Last edited:
Re: TASM Fitness Thread. Get your Spidey Physique tips on exercise and nutrition ...

I dunno what a p90x is suppost to be ^^ And use mainly dumbbells.

2 times a year? Isnt that less?

Update

I train the whole year long and do cardio/hiit workouts too.

lol, p90x is a roughly 90 day training program. So it's about three months. It's essentially circuit training and it uses primarily dumbbells, a chin-up bar, and body weight. It has a diet plan to go with it. It had great commercial success several years ago. A lot of people have had success with it.

For a more 'Spidey' physique Insanity would probably be very effective, also. That program doesn't have any equipment requirements except maybe for a decent yoga mat.

Re: TASM Fitness Thread. Get your Spidey Physique tips on exercise and nutrition ...

lol, p90x is a roughly 90 day training program. So it's about three months. It's essentially circuit training and it uses primarily dumbbells, a chin-up bar, and body weight. It has a diet plan to go with it. It had great commercial success several years ago. A lot of people have had success with it.

For a more 'Spidey' physique Insanity would probably be very effective, also. That program doesn't have any equipment requirements except maybe for a decent yoga mat.

That is a great explanation!
My routine for the last three or four years has been: P90X January through March.
Insanity April and May.
Crossfit and triathlon stuff for June and July.
August to October P90X again.
November and December is DTP (dramatic transformation principles) bodybuilding.com

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back