Show off your CLASSIC spiderman costume

Decided to work on another spidey as my previous one the blue was little too dark and the red not bright enough for me
this suit has no very little mucle definition

the file and print is from the very talented bruce cameron (scotland) , eyes are TJACKS tasm2 (large ) and sewn up by The Emerald Garrisons very talented Annas Black here in Northern Ireland (who I might add now does commissions on sewing these suits pm me for details)

i love this version of spiderman with bright colors , gr8 eyes and all the training has finally come together to produce this

Tarfful the wookie costume belongs to Another of Emerald Garrisons Finest the one and only darth serberus

i think Lunamans suit has raised the bar on spiderman costumes with regards to fitness , time and dedication put into the overall look of spiderman and i hope i have achieved the level he has set ,

i salute you brother for making me push that little bit harder to achieve my perfect spidey suit

Last edited:
gerryc00 , i love the suit man its very classic looking & i love the colors! ive always loved the bright red & blue classic look! thats exactly how bright id want mine to be! what kinda back spider ya got on there?

Wicked pic luna crazy man haha
Gotta say, that is one hell of a spidey outfit, I'm feeling inspired to get one printed up myself (if I can find someone to sub dye lycra for me in the UK) and hit the gym to get into spidey shape for SDCC2014.
Thanks, guys. :)

I think Lunamans suit has raised the bar on spiderman costumes with regards to fitness , time and dedication put into the overall look of spiderman and i hope i have achieved the level he has set ,

i salute you brother for making me push that little bit harder to achieve my perfect spidey suit
Thanks for the shout-out, brother, that's a very kind thing to say.
You and Bruce did an absolutely incredible job with this suit. It's classic spidey to a T.
Tons of respect for this project, mate. Cheers.

Thanks, guys. :)

Thanks for the shout-out, brother, that's a very kind thing to say.
You and Bruce did an absolutely incredible job with this suit. It's classic spidey to a T.
Tons of respect for this project, mate. Cheers.

Ur welcome bro , and thx I will pas s on ur comments to Bruce I am sure he will appreciate them

Wow, all you guy's suits are looking awesome! Mine on the other hand is still in the process of being sewn... I actually found some elastic thread that works MUCH better with the suit. You still sew a stretch stitch, but it works better than the other threads.

Hi guys, I am following this thread as i am one half of the duo who worked on both of Gerrys suits. I see you are talking about elastic thread and stretch stitch. If the suit is to be trooped in and stretched the only real way we found it works is to overlock the suit. I am not sure what this is called in the states but it is a machine which finishes and cuts the material with 4 spools of thread. This is how we do all our suits and trust me gerry puts them through their paces.They hold up very nicely.

Hi guys, I am following this thread as i am one half of the duo who worked on both of Gerrys suits. I see you are talking about elastic thread and stretch stitch. If the suit is to be trooped in and stretched the only real way we found it works is to overlock the suit. I am not sure what this is called in the states but it is a machine which finishes and cuts the material with 4 spools of thread. This is how we do all our suits and trust me gerry puts them through their paces.They hold up very nicely.

It's called a "serger" in the states. :) Wonderful work you've done with those suits, absolutely brilliant.

Serger's are nice... I like them. Personally I don't use one, just because they are pretty pricey, and elastic thread seems to be holding up really well for me without busting.
And also, you did an awesome job on those suits man! :)

To all of you who are working hard on making these amazing suits, I salute you.

"i think Lunamans suit has raised the bar on spiderman costumes with regards to fitness , time and dedication put into the overall look of spiderman and i hope i have achieved the level he has set "

I have to concur with this statement. Lunaman your suit is too cool, my man.

Hey guys! I have zero experience in costume making and I am going to start on a suit within the next few months. I am not sure what to do for the lenses - reflective or mesh?

Hey guys! I have zero experience in costume making and I am going to start on a suit within the next few months. I am not sure what to do for the lenses - reflective or mesh?
I honestly prefer mesh if it's done well. They never fog up, easy to see through, easy to ventilate. Reflective looks very "slick" and movie-like, so it's a preference thing, really.

Okay, I have a question for everybody on this thread. What do you guys consider to be a "classic" spidey costume? As in, do you only see the original Ditko version as "classic" or (in your personal opinion) do suits like the Ultimate Spider-Man suit and other variations count as well?
I know that this thread has a lot of different looking suits in it, but what do you consider to be *the* classic Spider-Man suit?

As far as I can tell (and am concerned), any red & blue suit based on how it appeared in the comic qualifys as a "classic suit". That being said I don't think the Ben Reilly version of the Spidey suit would count as it is not in the same original design of the Ditko spider-man suit. What doesn't count is anything from the Rami trilogy or the Mark Webb films. gerryc00- nice threads man, your really rockin the fitness too! Keep it up to all my Spidey brothers :)

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back