The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

Okay, I think that was all I had. For some reason my phone was creating a new copy - in the phone itself - for every time I attached one using TapaTalk. Not sure how on earth that makes any sense.
Anyway, I didn’t do them in order. So it got confusing to figure out.

The Graflex pins do look smooth in the pics. And it looks for the world like they had a cover over the clamp. Which I could not clearly discern looking at the thing in real life.

Tomorrow I have family obligations. But I will try to get back over there with a flashlight in the morning. If I pull it off, I’ll concentrate on answers to the questions people have been raising here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Please, take pics of Luke's lightsber. As much as you can. This will allow me to do a perfect run.

Nice picture............just wrong saber:(

But it doesn't look like it is the TFA BTS saber, I think the emitter hole is deeper on that one.

Did anybody consider that we were wrong about the depth of the emitter hole and this picture shows how deep it really was? I always thought it was shallow as this one. Here's an image I posted 2 years ago:

697a92fa1b03d6e15ac2712278aad14c.jpg

Okay, I think that was all I had. For some reason my phone was creating a new copy - in the phone itself - for every time I attached one using TapaTalk. Not sure how on earth that makes any sense.

The Graflex pins do look smooth in the pics. And it looks for the world like they had a cover over the clamp. Which I could not clearly discern looking at the thing in real life.

Tomorrow I have family obligations. But I will try to get back over there with a flashlight in the morning. If I pull it off, I’ll concentrate on answers to the questions people have been raising here.

Thank you for everything you have posted, if you can get over there and take as many pictures as you can of the creepy uncle it would be great. If not, I totally understand and family should ALWAYS come first!!

I and many others here appreciate you sharing these friggin awesome pictures!! I’ll be staring at them all day today!! ;)

Did anybody consider that we were wrong about the depth of the emitter hole and this picture shows how deep it really was? I always thought it was shallow as this one. Here's an image I posted 2 years ago:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180401/697a92fa1b03d6e15ac2712278aad14c.jpg

I honestly think I can see the hole in the nipple... no joke

Right where your blue lines are, there is a shadow... let me see if I can...

Edit: I take it all back, too early in the morning for me lol

So what are we thinking about the foil tape on the bottom of the Graflex? Is that something they did on all the TLJ sabers? Or just this one?

@Fusion - THANKS!

If these are indeed used onscreen, these are by far the best pics we've ever seen of them.

Feel like the Luke saber here is definitely the white glove... and holy god is that box ugly. Worse than the original cave build hero box. @halliwax I know you hate it-- but I thank the stars for the retouching they did on this thing to make it not suck so much on screen.

Kylo saber-- it doesn't quite have the matte finish as seen onscreen in TLJ or the rough finish of the TFA version. This looks like a replica-- is the endcap red? I can't tell.

Graflex-- definitely a vintage-- love seeing a bit of the copyright stamp, looks like their endcap isn't a fully circle. Better angle on the eye-- definitely an early folmer-- smooth pins too. Pitting on the bunny ear band is legit. Question is now though-- was this used onscreen or not? The finish doesn't match the SWS video one or anything seen onscreen for TLJ. It almost looks like a TFA saber. If it weren't for the rivets I'd say it looks like the batch made for the Launch Bay displays.

Also, LB sabers still have knurling on the glass eye and no end cap...but it would explain the two half circle caps/tape applied to either side of the kobold after the fact.

LB sabers are Folmer (at least the one at Hollywood Studios) but thought consensus was that TFA/TLJ on-screen we’re non-Folmers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Got some more pics. Then they got antsy and moved the tape back too far for my cell phone to work very well. I’ll post in a couple hours. Easter Sunday.

Straight pins on the Graflex. Not a Folmer glass eye. Letters REG it looks like visible under the Kobold. Couldn’t get close enough for a good pic of that.

The look looked cast or something. Long seam from top to bottom, well smoothed. Tried to get in photos. Arrows clearly raised and painted. Hole in the blade plug was there.

That was for the Luke.

Last edited:

The investigation is on! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, LB sabers still have knurling on the glass eye and no end cap...but it would explain the two half circle caps/tape applied to either side of the kobold after the fact.

LB sabers are Folmer (at least the one at Hollywood Studios) but thought consensus was that TFA/TLJ on-screen we’re non-Folmers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So you think this might be one of the Launch Bay sabers? Repressed to look more like the one in the film?

oh my god it's resin.

Is the emitter resin too? The ability to paint something to look this much like metal is something to aspire to.

- - - Updated - - -

whoever designed this.... what were they thinking making the card so thick/deep?!

Damn-- no doubt it's resin.. but what's it cast from?! an eFX reveal or MR like we suspected it got its measurements from?

Do we think this is definitely the white glove? Definitely NOT the TFA BTS right?

I had this thought upon seeing the 4k shot of the about to be a broke flex onscreen... but the LB sabers are Graflex Inc's if you go by the glass eye and pins (at least the California one, not 100% sure about Florida or Hong Kong).

Straight pins on the Graflex. Not a Folmer glass eye. Letters REG it looks like visible under the Kobold. Couldn’t get close enough for a good pic of that.

Thanks again!

That eye sure looks early folmer to me. I call upon the power of @scottjua and his detective thread: https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=144206

- - - Updated - - -

whoever designed this.... what were they thinking making the card so thick/deep?!

I think it has to be based on whatever the cast was made from right?

Seems like an extra step-- if they just wanted a resin version for reference they could just cast whatever they scanned for the 3D model.

The thing that gets me is that there's no blade plug-- this thing wasn't bladed. I suppose the final shot of Ben blocking the attack could be a total composite and would need a bladed-stunt... but why make it more complicated?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back