Anakin Starkiller V2 lightsaber show-off thread

Today is finally painting day for. Yeah, I know I'm slow. I'm aging it now in oven cleaner. I'm trying to find (while waiting for a change from oven cleaner to happen) the correct placement for the stencils. But I'm drawing a blank. Where on the saber do I start the stencils placement?

Today is finally painting day for. Yeah, I know I'm slow. I'm aging it now in oven cleaner. I'm trying to find (while waiting for a change from oven cleaner to happen) the correct placement for the stencils. But I'm drawing a blank. Where on the saber do I start the stencils placement?

Check Trent's instructables tutorial-- I don't recall exactly where to line it up-- but he uses the chunk, cone knob and D-ring for oritentation.

yes trent tutorial is the best! i had gone over it 3 or 4 times before i actually started just to get use to the next step. he went into great detail on how to apply it. I'm so thankful of all his hard work, his stencils steal the V2 deal for me!

Hey man, the first post of the thread has a link to the step by step which shows how to align them. and there's a couple of video tutorials on weeding and applying them so they go on smoothly.
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=253435

Dude, all of you ROCK!!! (y)cheers
Trooper_trent your stencils are amazing! I'll be posting photos once I get all of them off, but they worked brilliantly & actually made this project a lot of fun :cheers
Cjchiu, the link you sent to instructables.com was a God send. Thank you! :cheers
Halliwax, PoopaPapaPalps, SethS, & everyone, your builds were truly inspirational! & your encouragement & kindness to a new builder is appreciated more than you'll ever know! :cheers:cheers(y)cheers

Thank you, EVERYONE!!!!!
I'll be posting photos here shortly, once all the stencils are off & I get it back together. Might hold off till tomorrow for putting it back together. It's still very tacky :p, I wanna let it dry.

Just a quick few shots of work in progress from yesterday.
image.jpeg image.jpeg
Im trying the oven cleaner treatment... many, many times, & for longer & longer periods of time. Don't know if I got wrong kind, but nothing seamed to work. It would - kinda - look a little weathered. But, then, it'd wipe right off, & look cleaner than before.
I've gotta say, this thing is built like tank! I wanted more of a "natural weathering" on the pommel area, instead of paint. But, holy cow, nothing would hurt it.
image.jpeg
& I mean, nothing!
:lol

Last edited:
I even drove a few nails with the pommel.

Here I am freaking out, thinking that I'm completely destroying it while hitting a small nail.
image.jpeg

& here I am, seeing that I wasn't even almost hurting it :lol
image.jpeg

Here's the pommel after I took a small file to it, & my weak nail hitting. I was going for the "less is more" look.
image.jpeg
I'll beat it up more later. I just feel bad beating such a beautiful thing up.

Last edited:
Then we moved onto painting. A huge "Thank you" to my pal Jordan, for helping me out :thumbsup
image.jpeg image.jpeg
image.jpeg image.jpeg
image.jpeg image.jpeg
While waiting for the paint to set in, I weathered up a Roman GRAFLEX clamp for my Obi-Wan lightsaber (that'll be on another thread later :D).

I have to say Trooper_trents stencils were awesome, easy, & very fun! They went on no problem, & came off with no fuss.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Perfect
image.jpeg image.jpeg

More photos later.
Nightie night folks

I just got my Roman OB1 kit and its such a work of art I feel bad intentionally doing any damage. I think I need to stare at it for a few months first.

Which version did you get? Weathered? Clean? Ep. III? & I know exactly what you mean :lol. I felt naughty dirtying & scratching up his GRAFLEX clamp & this Luke v2 lightsaber.

I just got my Roman OB1 kit and its such a work of art I feel bad intentionally doing any damage. I think I need to stare at it for a few months first.
Just do it! The longer you wait, the more you're going to get comfortable with it in a pristine state. Bite the bullet, take the plunge, *insert cliche here*.

A little trick for weathering the pommel and booster. Hold the hilt upright and drop the handwheel on concrete a few times or until you're happy with it. You only need to drop it from a few inches up. Roll the booster on the corner edge of some concrete (like the curb) and put some weight on it. Hit it with some scotch brite to take off the sharp edges it creates. It worked for me.

Which version did you get? Weathered? Clean? Ep. III? & I know exactly what you mean :lol. I felt naughty dirtying & scratching up his GRAFLEX clamp & this Luke v2 lightsaber.

Weathered with a swapped out chrome pommel.

Just do it! The longer you wait, the more you're going to get comfortable with it in a pristine state. Bite the bullet, take the plunge, *insert cliche here*.

A little trick for weathering the pommel and booster. Hold the hilt upright and drop the handwheel on concrete a few times or until you're happy with it. You only need to drop it from a few inches up. Roll the booster on the corner edge of some concrete (like the curb) and put some weight on it. Hit it with some scotch brite to take off the sharp edges it creates. It worked for me.

PEER PRESSURE OMG

Final finished (kinda ;)) photos.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg image.jpeg
Is weathering really ever done? :lol

& some comparison photos with the Master Replicas v2 version.
image.jpeg image.jpeg
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Once again, a huge THANK YOU to everyone for your inspirational builds, tips, & support. But a giant THANK YOU to Anakin Starkiller for doing this run in the 1st place!!! Without you, non of this would be possible. Thank you. IF you were to do another run.... I would definitely sign up. Just sayin.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back