ANH Luke Macrobinocular Build

I’m 99% certain the transition box is made from the Kalimar body. It’s a pain to do but it matches up to reference.[/QUOTE

- - - Updated - - -

That's what I used on my builds.
Jerry...post a picture of the transition box I build, if you want

Last edited:
IMG_5287[1].JPG IMG_5288[1].JPG

Odiwan72's box is a work of art !

fyi to others, my resin transition boxes are molded from a moded kalimar top...only way to do it !!!
That's what I used on my builds ��

- - - Updated - - -

That's what I used on my builds.
Jerry...post a picture of the transition box I build, if you want

Last edited:
I’m 99% certain the transition box is made from the Kalimar body. It’s a pain to do but it matches up to reference.

I also agree with this. I cut one apart for a board member many years ago to use as his transition box and it worked out great and looked accurate.

It IS a pain to do!

- Jim

much easier if you have a metal cutting band saw :D one zip and done ! lol
I also agree with this. I cut one apart for a board member many years ago to use as his transition box and it worked out great and looked accurate.

It IS a pain to do!

- Jim

I'm trying to visualize this as to what part of the camera was cut and bent to make said transition box.

the top is cut off, then a bottom plate is added. i fill in the swoop with filler, but you can also bend a piece into shape. for my purpose i just needed it to last for making a mold. i find the resin is more sturdy than epoxied together parts.
I'm trying to visualize this as to what part of the camera was cut and bent to make said transition box.

I am playing around with making a transition box this way and have cut the top of a kalimar reflex camera. Pretty much identical to the six sixty. I used a hacksaw to cut the top of, and then sawed and filed off the excess material. The next step will be to add the bottom plate and make the lower bend. My sawed off top is showed next to the excellent resin part i for from Jerry
IMG_0231.jpgIMG_0236.JPGIMG_0233.jpgIMG_0232.jpgIMG_0229.jpg

Wow, I never heard of making the T-box from the Kalimar body ... I love that idea! Would love to see a build thread for one of these!

Last edited:
I am playing around with making a transition box this way and have cut the top of a kalimar reflex camera. Pretty much identical to the six sixty. I used a hacksaw to cut the top of, and then sawed and filed off the excess material. The next step will be to add the bottom plate and make the lower bend. My sawed off top is showed next to the excellent resin part i for from Jerry
View attachment 807374View attachment 807377View attachment 807376View attachment 807375View attachment 807373

Exactly how I did mine...well done

View attachment 807374View attachment 807377View attachment 807376View attachment 807375View attachment 807373

Wow, that is so cool! I think you've sold me on trying this. Hacksaw did the job?

Very impressive.

Looking forward to the finished product.

(I'll be using Jerry's as I don't have a camera)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back