1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

I think the original dish was circular. Remember, it was knocked off by Lando in Return of the Jedi and replaced in The Force Awakens. But the position its in appears to pay homage to the original Ralph MQ concept painting. Note the single barrel cannon where the quad usually is! :)

If I recall correctly, the rectangular dish is stock and the circular dish was an upgrade made by Han or Lando at some point. When the circular dish was knocked off, Han replaced with the stock rectangular dish. Not sure where I learned this - probably this thread in the distant past.

If I recall correctly, the rectangular dish is stock and the circular dish was an upgrade made by Han or Lando at some point. When the circular dish was knocked off, Han replaced with the stock rectangular dish. Not sure where I learned this - probably this thread in the distant past.

That I don't know. I do know the the Rebel Blockade Runner was originally supposed to the MF. That did have the rectangular dish. But I'm not sure of the ships actual history. I know... shame on me!

According to Lucas from a long time ago, he wanted the Falcon to look old, like a hundred years old. And then there was the novel about the Falcon which describes it’s manufacture and owner history, which has it agree with the age Lucas wanted, But of course, the extended universe is all out the window now.

Mark

I also heard rumors that the clean fresh one might belong to Emilia Clarke’s character Qi’ra and that she’s rich and will end up breaking Han’s heart.

Yeah, I would be very surprised if the white interior belonged to the Falcon.

EDIT: ...but then again, when you look through the door to the corridor in this shot, the corridor looks white there too... The pads in the cockpit around the door though are grimy. hmmmmm...

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Could have been during pre-production before they changed out the pads/interior panels. That cockpit DEF looks like TFA / TLJ cockpit

Call me crazy, but does the cockpit look bigger than the old ANH/ESB cockpit?
solo-entertainment-weekly1.jpg
(and I know this was taken with a fish-eye lens, but...?)

And... WHAAAA!?!
solo-entertainment-weekly6.jpg

I always thought that that couch was slapped into that area by Han and Chewie one day, since it didn't quite fit in there. It overlaps the door... but what do I know...?

Call me crazy, but does the cockpit look bigger than the old ANH/ESB cockpit?
View attachment 793693
(and I know this was taken with a fish-eye lens, but...?)

And... WHAAAA!?!
View attachment 793694

I always thought that that couch was slapped into that area by Han and Chewie one day, since it didn't quite fit in there. It overlaps the door... but what do I know...?

1) You're crazy! ;)

2) I got the same feeling that the TFA cockpit was a just a bit bigger than the OT. There is an overhead shot of Rey and Finn jumping out of the pilot chairs with ease. I thought... oh yeah, it's DEF bigger than the original. Trying to maneuver in and out of the chairs is really tough!

I can't get over the color scheme! Greys and yellow? It's so wild! I dig the overhead feature above the couch.

The irony in all of these new looking sets is that it actually has a very PT feel to it. But these are real sets that DEF bring life to them opposed to everything being CG.

- - - Updated - - -

Chewie's got real good posture.

He's a very proper Wookie

- - - Updated - - -

According to Lucas from a long time ago, he wanted the Falcon to look old, like a hundred years old. And then there was the novel about the Falcon which describes it’s manufacture and owner history, which has it agree with the age Lucas wanted, But of course, the extended universe is all out the window now.

Mark

That's why this ship might not be the MF! :)

The only thing I can figure is that the MF may have gone through a horrific crash, and much like the "Six Million Dollar Man", needed to be rebuilt and patched back together. That doesn't do much to explain things like the color changes on the chairs and seat for the Dejarik table. If you're going to make changes to the ship, those are kind of odd changes. I can't see Han saying, "We have to change the color of those rubber things on the seats"... It may just be one of those things where the powers that be wanted it to look fresh and different, regardless of the logic behind it. Otherwise, it's a sister ship.

My money is on it not being the MF, but rather the reason Han later CHOOSES the MF from Lando's fleet. Memories of THIS ship make him want the MF over all the luxury ships Lando had... Just a theory...

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

My money is on it not being the MF, but rather the reason Han later CHOOSES the MF from Lando's fleet. Memories of THIS ship make him want the MF over all the luxury ships Lando had... Just a theory...

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Hey ST,

After chatting with Starkiller I have 2 thoughts on this very topic. If she is the actual MF, at one point during the film Han, per Starkiller, has to throw a switch/lever and dump/eject all the heavy plating to either avoid capture or reduce weight for the Kessel Run. Even the nose "bumper cover" pops off. If this is true, I hope it's during a chase scene and the plating smashes into any pursuing ships smashing them "into oblivion"! If you do a side by side comparo between the OT MF and the new Solo ship, the plating looks to be VERY thick giving the surface an almost smooth finish. If that plating comes off we see the actual underside of the plating revealing all the greeblies.

My other thought is that this is Qi'ras ship (Emilia Clarke's character). For some reason Han might be under the impression that it's actually Lando's ship - not Qi'ra's. However, Emilia Clarke gave an interview saying that her character and Han actually go WAY back so this may debunk my idea(s). Anywho, during the card game, Han wins what he believes is the ship we see in the trailers but in reality Lando's ship is the actual MF being stored away and kept under a tarp in some old dirty hanger.

I'm excited either way and its fun to speculate!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back